• You've discovered RedGuides šŸ“• an EverQuest multi-boxing community šŸ›”ļøšŸ§™šŸ—”ļø. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! šŸ‘‹
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Aug opinion (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,006Ā¢
I have these two Augs for a 2 Hander, I currently have the 29 DMG Luclinite equipped, but wondering if I should change to the 28 Dmg with the 3 K proc? I cannot yet transmute the Luclinite to its next stage (29 Dmg with 3.1K proc), thoughts please?

1683432804045.png

Disclaimer: This is all back of the napkin and from memory. I might be wrong. Plus, kinda late and Iā€™m sleepyā€¦

Alright so youā€™re talking about a difference of 1 damage over a 37 delay. The most noticeable difference of that will be fully hasted. Letā€™s assume you always have a bard so youā€™re at something like 125% haste which puts you at a delay of like 17. Maybe 16, so weā€™ll use 16 just for illustration.

1 over 16 delay is a ratio increase of .063 so youā€™re trading that ratio for 3000 damage.

Now, you got all kinds of damage bonuses, crits, heroic stats that change both that and the proc damage. But letā€™s assume you proc at a rate of 1 proc per minute which is probably way low (base is like 2). So weā€™re probably overestimating your weapon damage and underestimating your proc damage. I didnā€™t look up resist rates for that proc so Iā€™m just going to use one quarter of the damage (resist completely three out of four times on average). Which means Iā€™m probably way underestimating your proc damage. Weā€™ll call it 750 damage per minute.

Iā€™m also not counting double attacks, ripostes, etc which would increase the value of your weapon damage and Iā€™m assuming itā€™s all going to wash out since weā€™re doing fuzzy math anyway.

That said, the raw additional damage is 1 every 1.6 seconds. That means over the course of a minute youā€™re doing a raw damage increase of at least ~38 damage. versus 750 from the proc. There would have to be a LOT of additional bonuses or a LOT of resists on the proc to close that gap to where the 1 damage is better than the proc.

Again, napkin math, so I could be wrong. But this is why Iā€™d probably pick the proc aug.

With the AAs to get more procs from weapons and DD spells(like the proc), I would definitely go with the 3k proc myself. As in the post above, my napkin math says the 3k proc aug should do more damage.

3k Dmg proc is better in this case. I am not sure where diminishing returns come into effect, but the higher hDex will net more procs per minute. Sancus on the official forums did this, and there is a dev post somewhere out there about how procs work, but the post was from several years ago.

Proc thread

I did not see variable hDex levels though in the parse. It might be worth it for some up-to-date theory crafting.

Disclaimer: This is all back of the napkin and from memory. I might be wrong. Plus, kinda late and Iā€™m sleepyā€¦

Alright so youā€™re talking about a difference of 1 damage over a 37 delay. The most noticeable difference of that will be fully hasted. Letā€™s assume you always have a bard so youā€™re at something like 125% haste which puts you at a delay of like 17. Maybe 16, so weā€™ll use 16 just for illustration.

1 over 16 delay is a ratio increase of .063 so youā€™re trading that ratio for 3000 damage.

Now, you got all kinds of damage bonuses, crits, heroic stats that change both that and the proc damage. But letā€™s assume you proc at a rate of 1 proc per minute which is probably way low (base is like 2). So weā€™re probably overestimating your weapon damage and underestimating your proc damage. I didnā€™t look up resist rates for that proc so Iā€™m just going to use one quarter of the damage (resist completely three out of four times on average). Which means Iā€™m probably way underestimating your proc damage. Weā€™ll call it 750 damage per minute.

Iā€™m also not counting double attacks, ripostes, etc which would increase the value of your weapon damage and Iā€™m assuming itā€™s all going to wash out since weā€™re doing fuzzy math anyway.

That said, the raw additional damage is 1 every 1.6 seconds. That means over the course of a minute youā€™re doing a raw damage increase of at least ~38 damage. versus 750 from the proc. There would have to be a LOT of additional bonuses or a LOT of resists on the proc to close that gap to where the 1 damage is better than the proc.

Again, napkin math, so I could be wrong. But this is why Iā€™d probably pick the proc aug.
Thanks @Knightly , @pasthiml , and @Shadow . I was thinking about that extra dmg point is good for undead slay, but against most mobs, makes a tiny difference. I did not know about the proc, and I do have full AA, so I'll switch out the aug. Doing MQ2Grind atm, so I don;t encounter many undead in the two NOS Grinds.

No problem. Of course, if you really want to know, you can just turn your logs on and parse it (real world fighting over a long period of time). But the reason I did it that way was to show you how to make decisions in the future as well (when it comes to procs). The other thing to take into account is you can look up the spell: https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=46870&source=Live

The resist is disease which is a moderate resist (generally, I think fire is the lowest resist across most mobs) and the modifier on it is -200 resist (which is good, means it will land a lot).

Question - Aug opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back