• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

attention admins part deux (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsi

RedCents
the short version...

paypal echeck sent sept 10
payment cleared sept 19
posted on board sept 23
2 emails to support, no response
6 pm's (thanks for responses creed, redlotus, redsquirrel :) )

the problem...

my paypal payment went through a different email address then i registered with on the boards. i understand that could cause difficulty and confusion however i did email redbot twice regarding the issue.

i hope potential customers are reading this.

Redbot is a busy man, he (unlike a good deal of the rest of us) has a life. He simply can't manage this site full time. I understand your frustration, just...be patient.

Cade said:
Redbot is a busy man, he (unlike a good deal of the rest of us) has a life. He simply can't manage this site full time. I understand your frustration, just...be patient.

redbot may be a busy man, but who isn't? 10 business days and still no access? come on! if i treated my clients this way i would be homeless.

1 man...35000 registered users...do the math...10 days is a reasonable time...running a site of my own...i know that if you pay with one email and register with another...it is a pain in the ass to fix that problem because since the system is automated it requires going into the actually database files for the site....and since there are 35000 users...thats a shit load of files...just be patient...red is a good man...i'm sure you will be given 'something-special' for the troubles...that is if you didn't piss him off.

Creed said:
1 man...35000 registered users...do the math...10 days is a reasonable time...running a site of my own...i know that if you pay with one email and register with another...it is a pain in the ass to fix that problem because since the system is automated it requires going into the actually database files for the site....and since there are 35000 users...thats a shit load of files...just be patient...red is a good man...i'm sure you will be given 'something-special' for the troubles...that is if you didn't piss him off.

alright lets do some math shall we...

10 days x 24 hours x 60 = 14,400 minutes

you're telling me in 14,400 mins of redbot's life he could not spare 2 minutes of his time to manually approve my access?

whats that you say? it uses a complicated database?

well you've come to the right person because guess what I am an Oracle DBA. lets see how fast i can write a SQL statement to change my email address in a database.

UPDATE cust_rec SET email = '[email protected]' WHERE email = '[email protected]';

damn that was tough. before i get flamed obviously that SQL statement is not going to fix my problem. it proves my point that even if redbot had to manually code some SQL to grant myself access it would not take more than 10 minutes. chances are redbot uses a GUI anyways to control his system.

once again i don't want a war, i don't want "something special" for my troubles, all i want is what i paid for.

Lmao why would you PM Redbot?
I look at Redbot and i see 'BOT' as does the Avatar.

And Bot = Robot.
I am a full on year paid account and have tried talking to the bot. It has never answered me. Now the Squirrel thats different he takes care of things pretty quick.

instead of Sending paypal to Redbot go get a case of WD-40 and send it to him probably work much better.

UPDATE cust_rec SET email = '[email protected]' WHERE email = '[email protected]'

Of course this would rely on your veracity. No one questions it. Red just has to be careful that your not one of the 500 scammers a day trying to get free access.

I did the same thing you did but since i had registered onto the freeboards I was able to just go into my account and change the e-mail to the one I used with paypal.

Perhaps your not comfortable using that E-mail address I don't know.

Rest assured your account issue will be settled.

Yeah, that furry thing or Redlotus could probably get you quicker thatn redbot.

and ironicly...redman is a bot...redbot is a man...

ASSWEASEL said:
Lmao why would you PM Redbot?
I look at Redbot and i see 'BOT' as does the Avatar.

And Bot = Robot.

lol...

Redbot is actually a real person...he's not a bot...he's the owner of this site :D

We had a short system failure on the 19th, which is the same time your check cleared. Sorry about that scsi. You've been given access and refunded.

attention admins part deux
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back