• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Are bards effective mezzers? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,519¢
I've been pondering a bard but the only place to put him is on my enchanter account and I am very reluctant to do that because the chanter is irreplaceable. Still I am willing to try but I would like to know, in the experience of others, is a bard as effective at CC as a chanter?

I've been pondering a bard but the only place to put him is on my enchanter account and I am very reluctant to do that because the chanter is irreplaceable. Still I am willing to try but I would like to know, in the experience of others, is a bard as effective at CC as a chanter?
i strongly recommend against putting new toons on accounts that have useful toons since you can't account -> account xfer, and we're a boxing website =p

bards don't have as many "uh oh" mezzes, but they do offer substantial benefits, and can mez "reasonable" stuff just fine.

Enchanter is the best crowd control in the game. But they are not the only crowd control in the game.

Warrior is the best tank in the game. But they are not the only tank in the game.

Often, you don’t need the “best” at something and depending on what you’re doing, the best at something specific might not be what’s best for your group overall.

I’d say give it a shot and see if you like it. A bard is definitely a great addition to a group.

I have an enchanter, bard, and cleric on the same account. This gives me a lot of good options to swap around depending on what I am doing. A lot of CoV missions DPS is key so I run the bard with shammy but some times I want double heals in the group so I will run the cleric and shammy. I would say most the time I run bard and it can CC good enough for most situations. If you need the big Mez bring in the chanter and if you can’t mez run 2 healers or bard for faster DPS. With all of that said I only want to pay for 6 expansions. If you don’t care about the money then sure keep all your toons on separate accounts.

I've used both... kind of. The enchanter does an excellent job with crowd control, but I rarely have issues with a bard doing it. The bard has so many other benefits though... the overhaste, selos, adding so much dps to every other class... I just pretty much use bards exclusively at the moment.

I tend to use my chanter early in an expansion and then swap to the bard after I'm more comfortable with what's going on. The chanter is hands down best at cc and also has some meaningful adps, but the bard is more dynamic with a melee-focused group.

I do love seeing some of the tomfoolery I manage to live through with SK + Enchanter.... it's pretty fun.

Bards are really effective in any group they join in on. I have a caster crew I run with a bard and a melee group and I have a melee with a enchanter and honestly I am going to probably switch it to a bard as well because they add so much adps to everyone in the group and are effective mezzers. When using KA the only downfall is when they have to mez sometimes they don't Melee so they lose some dps effectiveness but they continue to twist songs

To be more specific

The enchanter has the quicker and more dependable crowd control and charm ability.

Do you want to sacrifice the best and fastest Crowd control for bard songs ?
The bard songs don't twist when maintaining songs unless the bard triggers and notice all mobs are mezzed or there isn't a mob losing mez

You will definitely notice a drop off. With multiples, the bard is fine when the mobs are clumped together, but there can be problems if the mobs are spread out. All in all, I took the trade off because of increased dps and utility. Selos is a game changer. Especially indoors

Like others have said, when using KA my bard will sometimes go into 'mez mode' and not dps, but I consider that a fine tradeoff as a real person would probably be doing the same thing. I haven't had any problems with my bard mezzing or anything he couldn't do that my enc would have. Would enc have been better at it? Probably. But bard gets the job done fine, especially considering everything else he brings to the table (selos, aura, etc).

Question - Are bards effective mezzers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back