• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Aradune Boxing (1 Viewer)

I'm trying to understand the draw of Aradune, I've already seen complaints in the live forums claiming that they'd been punished when they were simply grouping and not even running a second account. I just can't wrap my head around the desire to even want to go on to what I considered a toxic waste dump of a server before it's even released and hasn't failed to demonstrate it afterwards

It's funny how people on here are sticking to the rules, when macroquest has always been a cheat program - Yes there's way around it - VM is one solution - There's other things you can do also - There was a plugin that would load your toons up on a linux box but you couldn't see them just send them commands in your group - i had that setup onetime worked flawlessly.

It doesn't really work that way. They don't look at your intent, they look at your actions. They're not favoring RG over other sites when they issue a ban, it's just that RG tries to do things that are least likely to get you banned.

You're unlikely to draw additional ire by pointing out that a method exists. The main premise is don't get caught no matter what you're using. There are some things that are more likely to get you caught than others.

TLP servers are very visible, but the reason Aradune exists (with the two box limit) is because botters were massively farming on other servers.

I used to play with VM on agnarr believing all people were doing the same with only 2 accounts or 1 account only when i got tired of seeing ppl running around with 6, 10, 15 chars following one toon...i was "WTF?!?"...why would let botters playing on a true box server saying for the others that it isnt allowed....

To me boxing and RG is half the fun of why i still even play everquest. It is like KOTR of having multiple party management. Happy to see a progression server open to it. Only sad that a few of my buddies didn't want to play on Riz, because of "boxers". Though to tell you the truth haven't really had any issues, where Aradune has been a queue fest and from thier accounts alot of toxic players.

If darkpaw was hard against boxing and RG. They wouldn't be getting any money from em, but since they do they are at least making that same change. Running a SHD/ENCH/CLR/WIZ right now.

Riz is a crazy place. Wild West for sure. All in all I really enjoy it though. Prices on items has fallen so fast its bananas, so even non boxing players can get good gear pretty cheap. Playing with @Tortilla about everyday, so 3 of his toons and 3 of mine. My other 3 accounts are kind off joining other groups or making new ones. While I have had at least 1 unpleasant experience, I've had loads of really good ones.
AFK farmers have been put on blast and relatively quickly been dealt with, which is nice.
If I am logged in playing, I am at the PC. No exceptions. Beepontell active, maybe im watching YouTube or messing with ini files, but im here. I would imagine a majority of people are. Don't let a few AFKers fool you into thinking everyone is doing it and it's 100% acceptable.

Yes, you can hide VM's - I've done it on almost every TLP server - Also compiled my own mq to use on the servers. Just saying half the fun ix boxing and getting loot to sell. I`m on riz now and after i got trained 50x times a gm told me to go ks the guys camp - eq is a dps race no more camps. So that's what i did. I couldnt stand getting shit on only playing with 1 toon- i like having options for retaliation

The report isnt a "gm instant check", i do an ooc check, ask again if "X" camp is tanken (even seeing the player in the camp through the map) and sometimes i walk to the camp and then they respond...sometimes i dont walk , just send a tell or keep asking in ooc,...just then i report..after that its daybreak problem

Question - Aradune Boxing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back