• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - April 5th, 2023 downtime (2 Viewers)

If that was one of the first 2 I'd be concerned. And holy mother that's a big drive lol. 'Course I have more space by 4-5 fold, but it's spread over 8-10 drives. Have found I need to dc most when not in use though or my CPU goes crazy lol(I have another 4 drives always connected too, and those 8-10 are all 90% full...ok all 12+ are like 90% full , or more lol, but the always drives are only 512gb-2tb each, not 6-8tb like the rest)

Torrents are an evil addiction. Don't do it lol

If that was one of the first 2 I'd be concerned. And holy mother that's a big drive lol. 'Course I have more space by 4-5 fold, but it's spread over 8-10 drives. Have found I need to dc most when not in use though or my CPU goes crazy lol(I have another 4 drives always connected too, and those 8-10 are all 90% full...ok all 12+ are like 90% full , or more lol, but the always drives are only 512gb-2tb each, not 6-8tb like the rest)

Torrents are an evil addiction. Don't do it lol
Get a NAS or storage server lol

My m2 drives are mirrored for faster reads so EQ runs faster. I do a lot of Deleting. I just got a new 16TB drive to replace another one.
Mirroring M2 sata drives I hope. Mirroring nvme drives won’t make eq go faster. In fact ram drive didn’t have any improvement over nvme. Game loads instantly and bottlenecks on network at that point

Get a NAS or storage server lol
Oh I built a couple of those (FreeNAS, OMV) before when I was hosting literally all the entertainment- tv, movies, videogames, music- for a household of 6. But now we have real internet I torem down and just packed and backedup everything on the drives I have now(these are all external, for archival usage and rare access)it's just my personal archive. I hadn't had any of them even hooked up in over a year til the other day I was looking for an old doctor who episode and didn't want to use hbomax. Different drive for each type of thing(completed series, ongoing series, movies, music, software/files/photos backup) and a duplicate of each drive.

I like stuff separated a bit more, and most of my regular use drives are in at least 2 partitions apiece- SSD has windows partition and game partition, the rest are reg hdds split into similar sets to the externals, but I download direct to the active drives by type. When things get too tight I do some migration and backups to the relevant externals, but I've been a little slow to do that lately, thus the overfilling currently. Have no need for a full-time NAS anymore, just offline storage and duplicates. With real internet and access to nearly every movie and TV show in existence streaming, why would I need to host it myself anymore? Same reason I no longer run an emu server, I can access Live lol.

News - April 5th, 2023 downtime

Users who are viewing this thread

Back