• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Apparently I'm Too Stupid/Non-Tech-Savy To MQ2? (1 Viewer)

Zypporah

RedCents
80¢
Ugh I am so frustrated. So I tried to download MQ2 and got to the step of the redguides launcher and everything, was trying to read step by step about the install on the page here but I guess it's outdated? Because I had almost none of the options presented to me and tried to wing it. Now, long story short, all of the files downloaded to my desktop so I deleted them because I don't want 800 files on the desktop just sitting there. Uninstalled the Redguide Launcher program. Won't let me uninstall or delete MacroQuest 2 program (it's not in program list for uninstall in my control panel) and when trying to delete, it says "This action can't be completed because the file is open in MacroQuest2.exe"

All I want to do is uninstall everything and reinstall and then figure out where to put the folders. For the love of God... please help me!

Ugh I am so frustrated. So I tried to download MQ2 and got to the step of the redguides launcher and everything, was trying to read step by step about the install on the page here but I guess it's outdated? Because I had almost none of the options presented to me and tried to wing it. Now, long story short, all of the files downloaded to my desktop so I deleted them because I don't want 800 files on the desktop just sitting there. Uninstalled the Redguide Launcher program. Won't let me uninstall or delete MacroQuest 2 program (it's not in program list for uninstall in my control panel) and when trying to delete, it says "This action can't be completed because the file is open in MacroQuest2.exe"

All I want to do is uninstall everything and reinstall and then figure out where to put the folders. For the love of God... please help me!
the first step is to use the redguide's launcher, and the launcher downloads everything to the folders they need to be

guide videos should step-by-step you through using the redguide's launcher

1634002894755.png

if you're manually downloading stuff, or doing anything that is resulting in a zip file that you are unzipping, you're likely skipping a step - if anything is going to your desktop then either you told the launcher to go there, or you're unzipping stuff there.

so take a breath, and maybe start over.

if you're getting a "couldn't do xyz because file is open" that can be a few things - either you loaded mq2 and it is already connected to your toons, or maybe you are having files locked by your antivirus or similar.

I would do a fresh computer reboot, and give the vid #1 another watch

There's a lot to learn, and it can take a little time before you get stability under your feet.

if you follow those 5 official RG install videos step-by-step, you'll be running in no time.

I would definitely encourage you to ensure that your antivirus isn't scanning your eq or mq install locations

first, I doubt your too stupid; many people make a few missteps getting things set up , and running, and even after you got it going there is often a lot to learn and it can seem overwhelming at times. the software is made/maintained by people out of a love for boxing and the community, not by a large team with a profit goal. as such the documentation does tend to fall a bit out of date, as things are fixed, changed and adjusted to make it better.

What Sic said fits, start with the RG installer and go from there.

As your new, I would also incrurage you to skip MQ2 and go right to "Next" it is in the launcher as well, and most of the same guides will work with next. it is the future of MQ and is fully functional. I used MQ2 for barely a day and was still working though issues learning how to 'craw' when someone said something that sparked me to jump onto the "next" bandwagon.

first, I doubt your too stupid; many people make a few missteps getting things set up , and running, and even after you got it going there is often a lot to learn and it can seem overwhelming at times. the software is made/maintained by people out of a love for boxing and the community, not by a large team with a profit goal. as such the documentation does tend to fall a bit out of date, as things are fixed, changed and adjusted to make it better.

What Sic said fits, start with the RG installer and go from there.

As your new, I would also incrurage you to skip MQ2 and go right to "Next" it is in the launcher as well, and most of the same guides will work with next. it is the future of MQ and is fully functional. I used MQ2 for barely a day and was still working though issues learning how to 'craw' when someone said something that sparked me to jump onto the "next" bandwagon.
the only reason i didn't mention next is because we don't have the official RG vids for it yet and wanted to respec the concern of complication, but yes i do agree, next is the way to go

the first step is to use the redguide's launcher, and the launcher downloads everything to the folders they need to be

guide videos should step-by-step you through using the redguide's launcher

View attachment 33893

if you're manually downloading stuff, or doing anything that is resulting in a zip file that you are unzipping, you're likely skipping a step - if anything is going to your desktop then either you told the launcher to go there, or you're unzipping stuff there.

so take a breath, and maybe start over.

if you're getting a "couldn't do xyz because file is open" that can be a few things - either you loaded mq2 and it is already connected to your toons, or maybe you are having files locked by your antivirus or similar.

I would do a fresh computer reboot, and give the vid #1 another watch

Maybe I was going at it too fast. I thought the directions on the launcher guide said that you should install it in the default location that your computer asks for, but as it turns out, it says "Note: The location is the folder that MacroQuest2.exe will be in. For example if your MQ2.exe is in D:\RedGuides\Release, this is the folder you should choose."

Maybe I was going at it too fast. I thought the directions on the launcher guide said that you should install it in the default location that your computer asks for, but as it turns out, it says "Note: The location is the folder that MacroQuest2.exe will be in. For example if your MQ2.exe is in D:\RedGuides\Release, this is the folder you should choose."
well you said you had 800 files on your desktop, i was just saying that that isn't typical, and you might want to start from step 1 if you had your desktop full of files

well you said you had 800 files on your desktop, i was just saying that that isn't typical, and you might want to start from step 1 if you had your desktop full of files

Yeah I did start from square one. Seemed to go better, but now that I launched EQ, I am getting a message that says "RaiseException crashed at address [blah blah blah] Dump saved to Send it to [email protected] You can click retry [blah blah blah]" Clicked Retry to all of these (there were multiple) and all it did was basically crash my game.

I believe I have it figured out now.

Last edited:
Yeah I did start from square one. Seemed to go better, but now that I launched EQ, I am getting a message that says "RaiseException crashed at address [blah blah blah] Dump saved to Send it to [email protected] You can click retry [blah blah blah]" Clicked Retry to all of these (there were multiple) and all it did was basically crash my game.

I'm sorry you're having trouble, it gets easier i promise.

keep us in the know about how we can help

I am glad you got it!!!
You have gotten better at boxing 32

I'm sorry you're having trouble, it gets easier i promise.

keep us in the know about how we can help

Thank you for your patience. I feel bad and don't want to make another thread for the day. My understanding is that the bazaar tool is included in the standard download (no plug-in needed). If so, how do I get this to run/do it's snipe-y thing?

The Search tool is your friend here.....

Type Bazaar in the search window and you will find your way to a resource called :
Bazaar.mac

Ive never used it - but there is a lot of discussion about it.

If its included in VV, it will already be in your Macro directory ready to run - so just try it out /mac Bazaar

If that gives an error - then you may need to download it and drop it into the Macro Directory.

1634015075628.png

A Quick look and Yes - it looks like it is included in VV

Problem - Apparently I'm Too Stupid/Non-Tech-Savy To MQ2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back