• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Apostrophe key seems to stop working when using mq2 (1 Viewer)

raizer

RedCents
39¢
As per title, running three box if i am typing in one of the chat windows and try to type the apostrophe key.. for example if i try to type the word aa's it seems to stop my keyboard from typing the apostrophe.it doesn't even need to be in game, i can replicate it now with MQ2 running in the background and no games open.
Has anyone come across this before? I'm running a Corsair rgb keyboard. With out MQ2 running the apostrophe key works fine.

Are you sure it's not the backtick? ` instead of '. Regardless, you probably want to check your macroquest.ini file and look at setting CycleNextWindow=0.

As per title, running three box if i am typing in one of the chat windows and try to type the apostrophe key.. for example if i try to type the word aa's it seems to stop my keyboard from typing the apostrophe.it doesn't even need to be in game, i can replicate it now with MQ2 running in the background and no games open.
Has anyone come across this before? I'm running a Corsair rgb keyboard. With out MQ2 running the apostrophe key works fine.
I had a sort of similar issue because I had a screwy keypress in ISBOXER - are you using isboxer?

Are you sure it's not the backtick? ` instead of '. Regardless, you probably want to check your macroquest.ini file and look at setting CycleNextWindow=0.

This could be set correctly and still fall all day of the MQ2 working directory isn’t set correctly~

Both answers here so far are legit. A less likely cause is that your alt, ctrl, shift, or winkey is being registered as “down” (that is stuck on engaged) and it’s using a modkey with your keypress. It’s not likely, but it does happen. Press and release all of those keys on both right and left side of keyboard. Either it fixed it or nothing happened, but takes literally a second and no effort to check. I think this is a problem more concerned with IS and Window switching.

Still not having any luck with this, not using any other software like is boxer etc. I took a look throug the ini file and dont even see an entry of CycleNextWindow=0 . Also tried the ctrl shift windows keys.. It has me stumped!

Problem - Apostrophe key seems to stop working when using mq2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back