• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Anyway to exclude certain sub forums from the new/updated posts? (1 Viewer)

Mara

RedCents
666¢
My question is in the title.

But basically I have no interest in seeing new/updated posts for time locked progressive servers or from the market place. I'd like to be able to click the new posts on the top right and just see ones from all but those 2 sections.

There is a quick link on the normal "new posts" page that will auto-filter out Bazaar/Black Market.

If you'd like it to be more permanent, you can set those forums to ignore. It won't change the count on "new posts" but when you click it will only show new messages for forums you want. The ignored forums will also be hidden from the main Forum page.

You can set forums to ignore by visiting them -> "Forum Tools" from grey bar -> ignore

Assuming you can find your way back, you can do the same to un-ignore a forum/thread. Otherwise you can edit ignored forums in your profile settings.

Anybody have a way that also changes the # of new posts too?

There is a quick link on the normal "new posts" page that will auto-filter out Bazaar/Black Market.

If you'd like it to be more permanent, you can set those forums to ignore. It won't change the count on "new posts" but when you click it will only show new messages for forums you want. The ignored forums will also be hidden from the main Forum page.

You can set forums to ignore by visiting them -> "Forum Tools" from grey bar -> ignore

Assuming you can find your way back, you can do the same to un-ignore a forum/thread. Otherwise you can edit ignored forums in your profile settings.

Anybody have a way that also changes the # of new posts too?

good post!

Here's a link to all of the forums you have ignored:
https://www.redguides.com/community/profile.php?do=editthreads

You can set it to only filter out the forums from "new posts" or hide them altogether. I haven't set a way to sort the # of new posts.

good post!

Here's a link to all of the forums you have ignored:
https://www.redguides.com/community/profile.php?do=editthreads

You can set it to only filter out the forums from "new posts" or hide them altogether. I haven't set a way to sort the # of new posts.

There seems to be a bug associated with this. As soon as I excluded the progression and EMU forums the button on the main page (https://www.redguides.com/community/forum.php) for "new posts, excluding bazaar" stopped working properly. It does not exclude the bazaar anymore.

I just went in and disabled my forum exclusions and the "New Posts (No Bazaar)" link worked again.

thanks for the report, i'll look into it.

In the interim, you can stop using the "New Posts (No Bazaar)" link and use the "all new posts" link instead, then add the bazaar forums to ignore new posts.

Question - Anyway to exclude certain sub forums from the new/updated posts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back