• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - anyone use sk as melee dps in group? (1 Viewer)

I use a paladin in my main team as DPS/puller and a SK in my 2nd melee grp as DPS/puller... both in BYOS with most all tank skills replaced with dps skills... Paladin has more sets for live, undead, stunlock where the sk only has dps set. Both do really good dps....

Tanks are pretty overpowered so I could see a SK/Pal/War group core working. You'd be giving up a little damage for sure but for that trade-off you get near invincibility.

I use a paladin in my main team as DPS/puller and a SK in my 2nd melee grp as DPS/puller... both in BYOS with most all tank skills replaced with dps skills... Paladin has more sets for live, undead, stunlock where the sk only has dps set. Both do really good dps....
Can you translate for a newb, please? BYOS? Is that an armor set? Replace skills? Appreciate the help.

Can you translate for a newb, please? BYOS? Is that an armor set? Replace skills? Appreciate the help.
BYOS is Bring Your Own Spells, a mode in the CWTN plugins where you have more control over what's being cast. He then replaces whatever the standard lineup of spells is with his own, dps-focused set

Ya for some reason the devs here answer any question about a loadout option with some plugins with just BYOS it. (just picking on you sic) So I have learned to use BYOS very well on Paladin and SK because I do not use them as a tank and do not need half the spells loaded by default. When you BYOS your knights for damage over tanking they can really do some great DPS...

I love taking my grp to an undead camp.... My paladin owns... I recently went back to the undead named bear camp in NoS. my kill times are half what they used to be on the undead. Also with the zerker changes the 60 sec kills on srooms are like 15 seconds now.

Discussion - anyone use sk as melee dps in group?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back