• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Anyone play on a 55 inch 4k television? (1 Viewer)

Redemption44

RedCents
551¢
Is there a way to increase everything in UI, maybe a custom UI or a way to edit UI I have no idea how to do id have to do trial and error. Enjoying the t.v. looks great but the words and boxes are real small I can read it but would like a way to modify so it looks more balanced.

There are a few guides out there on the interwebz on how to dick around with DPI scaling in windows 10. Varying levels of success have been reported, so YMMV, but if you get your googlefu on, you might find something that works.

I do. Right click the EQ game.exe file and uncheck the box for letting EQ manage your resolution. Then max the resolution in game through the settings before you log in. You will be able to read everything again. Been playing on a samsung 55 inch curved 4k tv for over a year now. Couldn't read a damn thing when I started.

If you could read the font before your 4k monitor you won't need to mess with chat font size if you follow my directions. Besides, chat font size does nothing to help you read your hot keys or spells.

I do. Right click the EQ game.exe file and uncheck the box for letting EQ manage your resolution. Then max the resolution in game through the settings before you log in. You will be able to read everything again. Been playing on a samsung 55 inch curved 4k tv for over a year now. Couldn't read a damn thing when I started.
yep I did the right click but don't see the option for unchecking box for letting eq manage resolution. I'm just increasing hotbar size of buttons manually upper limit is 175, and chatfontsize 5 is pretty good for now some of the other things little smaller but not bad, I'm still amazed at how much of the world I can see with my UI rearranged adjusted 3 of my toons so far just a few more to go then will log in and play sometime today.

The map is crazy to try and read before removing the app reso management. Did you max the resolution within EQ as well? I did both but don't remember if I did them individually or not to see if both were required.

The map is crazy to try and read before removing the app reso management. Did you max the resolution within EQ as well? I did both but don't remember if I did them individually or not to see if both were required.
yep I have to scroll with scroll wheel on map to see stuff but it's very sharp though. i think I'll find the best way to do it eventually,the hotbuttons are readable now and the chatfontsize is good thank goodness.

Question - Anyone play on a 55 inch 4k television?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back