• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Anybody wanna start a Redguides guild? (1 Viewer)

darkeros

RedCents
35¢
One that ISNT on the progression servers.

If you'd be interested, speak up.

It's obvious the guild wouldn't go around ghosting shit and serious exploiting active hacks wouldn't be allowed, cause that would bring attention to the guild and get others banned.

But if you're interested, begin the discussion and tell what you'd want out of the guild, but don't talk about what server you'd want to be on. If a guild does get started, we'll keep that tidbit a secret to the forums. Also discuss if you'd like to hold a position in the guild, such as leader or officer. Not everyone will be accepted, whether this gets a good run from the start or not. If we don't know you and you have like 2 posts, you can discuss it here, but you probably won't be let in until you make yourself more well known.

If we get enough people interested, I'll apply for a redgroup so we can have our own forum area.

To begin the posting, I personally would be somewhat interested in a RG guild and think it would be fun to start from scratch with characters in crescent reach and level up together. It wouldn't be that hard to do since we could use macros and group together, levelling each other up quickly.

I'd consider a leadership or officer position, depending on how it works out.

Sure, I'd be interested in starting something with you, Dark.... the idea of a guild based around Redguides is something that I have also thought about in the past.

hahaha will be just like the one high end guild (name escapes me now) that all got disbanded because of mq useage.

Sounds like fun to me. ill be there if it happens. What are we thinking about for a name?

Ya i know, I'm not well known... but i think its an awesome idea. I'm there if it ever happens.
Oh it if it was povar your talking about.. the guild would of been "Forces Unknown" :p

and choosen server is.......

i like the idea but i fear i won t be able to group with you all regulary
i guess most of you live in North America as i m in europe so we don t really play at same time :(
i ll think about it however

What time do you normally play Kokkor?

1997S10 said he's on euro time.

Aside from that, what I can tell you is we'll probably have enough people to where we can set up grouping macros 24/7. That way, anyone that wants to play can join the group through the macro commands even when the people aren't there.

darkeros said:
What time do you normally play Kokkor?

1997S10 said he's on euro time.

Aside from that, what I can tell you is we'll probably have enough people to where we can set up grouping macros 24/7. That way, anyone that wants to play can join the group through the macro commands even when the people aren't there.

mainly i play 8:45pm to midnight sunday to friday europe time
can t play on saturdays , very rare if i can
and i need to improve my knowledege on macro commands :p

What I mean is setting up the macro to allow people to request a group invite.

What time zone is europe time? lol

europe is at least 5 hrs ahead of est coast...thats prolly what he means....so any west coasters...add 8 hrs to your time..theres euro..

I'm east coast, but have really crazy play times. Few hours here and there during my work week. During my two day's off I can play from about 2300 to 0700 or so est time.

My work week rotates 6/2 ... so my days off rotate.

Still interested though if it get's going.

I think it would be a lot of fun.

this isnt such a bad idea. i like it. what has to happen is,
1. select a srever to play on.
2. make the guild.
3. start getting people to make the chars for the guild.
4. have "1" person in charge.
4a. this would be someone without a job (prefferably) so other who want to join can join when they want. at anytime (for the most part, see 4b).
4b. doesn't have to be "1" person. can have a junk account that a select few have access to, to invite others.
5. make sure those who want to join are trusted.

i would be totally for this. and support it 100 %

i WOULDN'T use my main account to do this. not cuase i dont trust anyone, but cuase i don't trust ANYONE. even though some people think soe doesn't troll these boards, i do. just like we accept the EULA and still do what we do, im sure SOE accept our terms and learns from what we do on "junk accounts".

so doing this and MAYBE getting some "informer" into the guild, be ready to loose a toon.

i'm just stating facts here. not trying to shoot it down cuase i love the idea. and would support it 100%. but remember. don't risk what you have now, to get somewhere where you might not get to later.

<------- /votes yes, just say the word and place.

just from my last post, (i have my best thoughts after drinking a few (some would argue my worst thoughts :P)) i came up with a couple more things.

1. guild name... (bloodlust, blood brother's) theory... [blood] = red = "REDguides" [lust]= love of/love for, [brothers] (even though there may be sisters) = friends/companions/people who are "close to you"
2. members--- have a min post count. no negatives against you. must have at least a green box under yer name here on redguides. reffered by an establish member of redguides. (might be to strict, but..... we need some kind of security) <----- minimum.
3. get a junk account for the leader of the guild. even if it is just the first3 expansion just to invite others and not raise a toon on, so no one can rob anything, or do anything stupid. give this info to the 3 top people that can cover different time zones to invite others, change access in guild and stuff like that. (consider them admin/mods of the guild) ...... which i will contribute if needed.
4. any other ideas from others who are not me.........
5. start a web page to keep members updated. ......... which i will contribute if needed. just need someone who will keep it up to date. (regularly) (NOT me, cuase i don't have time. even though i have the know how)

i would be interested in a RG guild and would be and officer in it are use my own guild to help if ya want

also i have an idea for which server for EQ1 for it has tons of peeps and not enough GM's to bee everywhere so getting caught would be less likely

We're going to have an initial max of 15-20 people that we know that get in. After that, you have to get invited in. We'll set up some way of doing it, but it will probably be that each person can only invite one person per month and we all have to agree 100% that they are trustworthy...not that they're cool or we like them, just that they're trustworthy...if one person doesn't trust you and has a good reason not to...you're not getting in.

We got our own board area. Go apply for access and PM me when you're done. If you get denied, that doesn't mean you're not being let in the guild. If you get denied, I'll send you a PM as to why you were denied.

why is it that why i click the forum area, i get a screen with a picture of a gay ass guy smoking a pipe saying....

"hey stud, you need to subscribe or send us something cool" ?

would like to subscribe, but can't.

just a fyi.

This sounds interesting... but I'm not sure I'd be eligible because of the "need a green thing under your name" rule. :) You guys have fun though.

You first need to click on profile

Profile.jpg

then Group Memberships

Group_Memberships.jpg

then click Join Group

Request.jpg

and enter your Reason, and click Send Request

After.jpg

Best of luck with you guys.

Sum1 said:
This sounds interesting... but I'm not sure I'd be eligible because of the "need a green thing under your name" rule. :) You guys have fun though.

You don't have to have one of those. You DO have to be known by the initial people being let in. About 20-30 people are going to be let in, then the people that don't really play after a week or so will be booted, and after those people are booted, we will allow every person to invite one person per month.

I would consider getting in. But I am new here and do more reading than posting (as it should be) I can understand that I would not be let in but maybe you can put me on a list or something. I have two accounts. But what do you guys mean by junk accounts?

Anybody wanna start a Redguides guild?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back