• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Any suggestions for a tri box with Merc support? (1 Viewer)

DyceSinstiches

RedCents
40¢
So here's my Delma. I can only sub one account as I'm returning from the game after a ten year absence I'm way behind the curve, no free to plays back then, but I have some multi-boxing the old fashion way under my belt. Only thing I don't like doing is multi boxing different realms *I.E. All Casters, or All Combat* So what I'm wanting to do is subcontract out the healing to a trio of cleric mercs. So here's my question. I've started a Zerker, Monk, and a Bard *Reason for the bard is the melody functionality, and mana song to keep the cleric mercs pumped up* My question is what would be the best DPS output to add to the bard? or should I drop the bard all together? I've come across some great... *Cough* endgame weapons for a Zerker, and I also have one for an SK. But I'm at a loss as to which one I should carry on my sub account (If there is even a benefit to that) I just heard Zerker and Monk where neck and neck when it cam to DPS. Keep in mind I don't have Kissassist yet but it is in the near future, I'm asking both for the ease of play before. So I can get started on them now. And of course I already know it'll be easy once I get the program, and kind of assistance would be great.

So here's my Delma. I can only sub one account as I'm returning from the game after a ten year absence I'm way behind the curve, no free to plays back then, but I have some multi-boxing the old fashion way under my belt. Only thing I don't like doing is multi boxing different realms *I.E. All Casters, or All Combat* So what I'm wanting to do is subcontract out the healing to a trio of cleric mercs. So here's my question. I've started a Zerker, Monk, and a Bard *Reason for the bard is the melody functionality, and mana song to keep the cleric mercs pumped up* My question is what would be the best DPS output to add to the bard? or should I drop the bard all together? I've come across some great... *Cough* endgame weapons for a Zerker, and I also have one for an SK. But I'm at a loss as to which one I should carry on my sub account (If there is even a benefit to that) I just heard Zerker and Monk where neck and neck when it cam to DPS. Keep in mind I don't have Kissassist yet but it is in the near future, I'm asking both for the ease of play before. So I can get started on them now. And of course I already know it'll be easy once I get the program, and kind of assistance would be great.
i would 100% sub your tank. the prestige augments make an absolute significant difference.

something like a sk, shm, bard, with 3 rog mercs or 2rog mercs and 1 cler will give you some flexibility.

if you're just getting back into the game - content is F2P all the way up to and including TBL - you could use 6 real toons and not have to dish out for any expansions or subscriptions (or if you're on test server, no worry about subscriptions at all).

depending on your goals - I usually suggest with a real tank, real heals, and CC (enc/bard) then match your dps to your "holy trinity".

this game is much different in current content than it was 10 years ago - so keep an open mind, and don't try and rush into anything. have some fun - 10 years away, you've earned it.

I did 3 man team for a long while with merc support

Warrior, shaman, and zerker, and then i just added cleric merc if it was tough area, or stabby merc if i needed a bit more killfast

but sic also has a point

SK shm brd, is a brutal combo, like brutal brutal. and that sets you for a future where if you want to add more accounts. you have a good solid base.

Welcome back. I too have recently returned. To answer your question it is going to depend on what your are looking to accomplish. Typically the holy trinity as Sic mentioned and then anything you can do most things. If you want to do end game group content then you will eventually want a real cleric. And if you are just starting out it might be good to just pull the trigger and run with 6 characters from the get go.

From my personnel experience I ran my original 3 box crew sk/sham/cleric with out any issues. I have since dropped the 3 merc and run Bard/Zerker/Wiz and things are much easier. We are slowly gaining levels and having fun.

You will not need a trio of healer mercs. On the paid account you can get the highest merc, a J5, which if your using a healer will work fine. The other two can be whatever you want, I prefer melee mercs. Of course the J5 is only gotten at level 85 the easy way or do the longer versions at level 75

Are you getting your old account (s) back?

Welcome back. Ypu can do three mercs, I did, but eventually you will get stuck in content you just can't do with mercs and you will be adding 3 FTP characters and will have to spend a ton of time power leveling them. Or you can just start with 1 SK sub and 5 FTP and save yourself a ton of future headaches.

yeah id probably do as saffron says, 1 gold tank and f2p shaman, bard and 3 dps, my personal choice would be a zeker and a rogue, and bst. i really enjoy that group

Question - Any suggestions for a tri box with Merc support?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back