• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Another SK or Warrior thread (1 Viewer)

boeufmaster

RedCents
160¢
Sorry to beat a dead horse on this one guys...my war is mostly cov T2 geared. I know many folks prefer SK’s, I’ve got one that’s 110 atm and I’m thinking of switching him to main.

Is the SK preferred just for more AOE taunts or is it really that much of a difference in survivability? I run a shaman heal FYI. Ty!

why not do it, i do. just to see what is happening. the gap gets wider if you do not use any of your abilities. you can also take your aa of the mitigation off with sword and board. or the 2hs aa. then watch your hp. you would think you are in disney land with the spikes and valleys you get. the level 1 comparison is an illustration of how well your sk does not tank. you say that he can tank without support then eliminate the support that you have. go just tank. without heals you would die as well and quicker. a warrior is just that, he spits on mobs he curses them he holds agro and he makes the most efficient use of his armor in the game. because thats all he does. im not a mindless warrior i been playing one since the game began including with my beta copy cd of the game. i know how they operate i know the use of my discs and i know sk's have oh shit buttons just like we do, mine outnumber yours which means i get to live through more screwups than you do since i refresh quicker. now all this being said when i first got kiss i tried to let it play for me that did not work. i never let kiss or melee control my warrior because while it can, you come back to a lot of deaths.

why not do it, i do. just to see what is happening. the gap gets wider if you do not use any of your abilities. you can also take your aa of the mitigation off with sword and board. or the 2hs aa. then watch your hp. you would think you are in disney land with the spikes and valleys you get. the level 1 comparison is an illustration of how well your sk does not tank. you say that he can tank without support then eliminate the support that you have. go just tank. without heals you would die as well and quicker. a warrior is just that, he spits on mobs he curses them he holds agro and he makes the most efficient use of his armor in the game. because thats all he does. im not a mindless warrior i been playing one since the game began including with my beta copy cd of the game. i know how they operate i know the use of my discs and i know sk's have oh shit buttons just like we do, mine outnumber yours which means i get to live through more screwups than you do since i refresh quicker. now all this being said when i first got kiss i tried to let it play for me that did not work. i never let kiss or melee control my warrior because while it can, you come back to a lot of deaths.

The only explanation for your arguments at this point is you’re being purposefully obtuse. Because to think otherwise means to acknowledge that you actually think a valid way to compare the two tanks is to say: 1) warriors get to keep using all their buttons, but 2) SKs arent allowed to use their buttons, so 3) see!!! Warriors are better tanks!

That is legit the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard of on RG.

I’m going to walk away from the thread now. It hasn’t been a useful discussion in a while, and now the only way one side of the debate is making headway is by imposing truly idiotic constraints on one class.

Later bud

@Sum1 no i said stop using buttons on both. then you see who is the better tank. warrior wins with mitigation. you said that a war needs support, stop support on both toons. sk will lose. its pure tanking. nothing interfering

People tend to gravitate towards classes that are easier and don’t require as much skill, so SK has become pretty popular.
Lol...Sk’s are ok For a caster class. Honestly i’d take War, Mage, Sk...in that order...only slightly
lol, okay, buddy.
You guys ... stop measuring each other swords... It is known that mages win that contest since they rock the staffs..lol. Boom ... that just happened

Lol...Sk’s are ok For a caster class. Honestly i’d take War, Mage, Sk...in that order...only slightly

You guys are throwing heaps on shade on SKs. The skill set/ utility set of War+MNK is similar to SK+Zerker. Which would you prefer? Dr DPS says the latter.

Also back when GMM was current content, the helicopter DangerZone mission was bugged, only 1 group member could zone into the mission. An SK on our server solo’d it. No warrior, no mage and his suspended BurnOut Buffed turd pet could do that.

Go google Drogba’s adventures. The stuff that SK can do is jaw dropping.

Revert when woke, else keep drinking the alternate facts cool-ade

Last edited:
You guys are throwing heaps on shade on SKs. The skill set/ utility set of War+MNK is similar to SK+Zerker. Which would you prefer? Dr DPS says the latter.

Also back when GMM was current content, the helicopter DangerZone mission was bugged, only 1 group member could zone into the mission. An SK on our server solo’d it. No warrior, no mage and his suspended BurnOut Buffed turd pet could do that.

Go google Drogba’s adventures. The stuff that SK can do is jaw dropping.

Revert when woke, else keep drinking the alternate facts cool-ade

Hmmm...

Wow. I was wondering how this thread was still going and now after reading it all I have come to the conclusion that SKs suck as tanks if you don't use their SK abilities. Kind of like saying Mages suck if they can't use their pets or Wiz dps is crap if they don't cast spells. Started out looking like it might contain some useful stuff but devolved into some weird comparisons that make no sense to me. My car is a pain to drive if I only use reverse and refuse to look out of the side windows but I don't compare cars that way and fail to understand many of the comparisons here but whatevs. I have no fancy eq certified ultra nerd level keyboard warrior raid master resume so pay no attention to my thoughts.

People tend to gravitate towards classes that are easier and don’t require as much skill, so SK has become pretty popular.

If you truly believe playing a knight to its fullest is easier and doesn't require the same skills or more than a warrior than you have never fully and truly played a knight outside of possibly group content. Yes there are 1000s of sks and 1000s of warriors. That doesn't mean 99% of them actually know shit about either class and to group them with the people that take the time and effort to learn is nothing more than idiotic and one sided.

@hellfyre I was being sarcastic. Yes, yes SKs are fine and good, and I’m sure they are pretty much like any other tank RE skill. I just think it’s funny that the SK to other tank ratio is now 4/1 it seems.

lol sk requiring more skill than a warrior. a warrior is purely situational. an sk tanks the same with the 2 buttons he/she presses. there was an old group (PUSA) that played music with 2 strings on a guitar.... they claimed to be musicians

lol sk requiring more skill than a warrior. a warrior is purely situational. an sk tanks the same with the 2 buttons he/she presses. there was an old group (PUSA) that played music with 2 strings on a guitar.... they claimed to be musicians

then please explain why earlier in the thread you claimed that the only way SKs could measure up to the almighty warrior was by pressing lots of buttons ... using spells and discs and AA’s and items like epics to stay alive.

gee whiz ... seems like you have no idea what argument to use.

@hellfyre I was being sarcastic. Yes, yes SKs are fine and good, and I’m sure they are pretty much like any other tank RE skill. I just think it’s funny that the SK to other tank ratio is now 4/1 it seems.

The reason for that is the group/solo game. I‘ve added 3 new tanks this year war, sk, pal all in full t2 tov raid gear. I Had to do the rallos helm on all 3 for trophies which means at about 65 kills or so mobs I log out the group and just solo with a tank. The sk and pal would just pull 5-7 mobs and end it quick. The war struggled with 3. It doesn’t mean one is better at tanking but the lack of utility on the war is huge. Lot of solo/group only players are going to choose a specific way.

The war is great but honestly in a pure group game comparison I can’t recommend them. The only thing I feel like they do better is mass training of modern content (t3 COV ores) where I can burn fort, and then defensive - paired with my ber burns I can probably ”safely” handler an extra 5 in the train over the sk/pal.

That said my sk especially and also pal lasts much better in the missions on AE (bad round can’t hurt). I had one run early on in COV where just the sk was up with about 25% left of on Ary to go. He soloed It. I get wars that love them (it is fun to play) but I just don’t see how you can argue they compete better in the group game. Raids absolutely - group hell no.

Raids absolutely - group hell no.

To be fair, warriors and knights have completely different jobs in raids. Even knights will get different assignments from one another. SKs aren't tanking the main raid mob, but you bet your bottom dollar they're tanking everything else. In fact, our raid SKs are asked to NOT use some of the bread and butter agro tools that group SKs would use because of the massive ae agro they generate. I've seen our raid SKs pull agro off literally everything around them (including the boss) if the warrior tanking it wasn't paying close enough attention and they were getting spam heals with discordant up.

The reason for that is the group/solo game. I‘ve added 3 new tanks this year war, sk, pal all in full t2 tov raid gear. I Had to do the rallos helm on all 3 for trophies which means at about 65 kills or so mobs I log out the group and just solo with a tank. The sk and pal would just pull 5-7 mobs and end it quick. The war struggled with 3. It doesn’t mean one is better at tanking but the lack of utility on the war is huge. Lot of solo/group only players are going to choose a specific way.

The war is great but honestly in a pure group game comparison I can’t recommend them. The only thing I feel like they do better is mass training of modern content (t3 COV ores) where I can burn fort, and then defensive - paired with my ber burns I can probably ”safely” handler an extra 5 in the train over the sk/pal.

That said my sk especially and also pal lasts much better in the missions on AE (bad round can’t hurt). I had one run early on in COV where just the sk was up with about 25% left of on Ary to go. He soloed It. I get wars that love them (it is fun to play) but I just don’t see how you can argue they compete better in the group game. Raids absolutely - group hell no.
Raid geared war can train more than 5 with a healer and defensives.

Question - Another SK or Warrior thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back