• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - AMD video card (1 Viewer)

I have an R9-270 and had some problems with recent drivers. Now the newest driver seems to be working fine but late 2017, early 2018 drivers seemed to have issues. I eventually did the AMD cleanup tool and just let Windows 10 decide which drivers to install. Those older Windows-certified drivers were very reliable. Just in the last week I finally updated to the latest August, 2018 AMD-supplied drivers and they seem to have finally resolved their issues.

I have an R9-270 and had some problems with recent drivers. Now the newest driver seems to be working fine but late 2017, early 2018 drivers seemed to have issues. I eventually did the AMD cleanup tool and just let Windows 10 decide which drivers to install. Those older Windows-certified drivers were very reliable. Just in the last week I finally updated to the latest August, 2018 AMD-supplied drivers and they seem to have finally resolved their issues.

I have an rx 480 and any driver that includes wattman or amd settings causes driver failures frequently. I had to use a july 2016 driver before wattman and without amd settings installed to get it stable without issues. I had the same issue with my 280 both were powercolor that was the last time i bought powercolor (and last time i used amd on my main PC). My 580 from asus works great on my other PC

how do u find older drivers? and what are wattman drivers? and how do u avoid amd settings on an amd card?

sorry for the questions, im used to using nvidia cards

I never understood issues with amd cards, I used to chronically have random issues with all amd cards endlessly trying older/specific drivers...

Obviously many factors could influence, but I can't remember an amd card I didn't have a problem with

The only thing that properly solved it for me was an nvidia card

how do u find older drivers? and what are wattman drivers? and how do u avoid amd settings on an amd card?

sorry for the questions, im used to using nvidia cards
https://www.guru3d.com/ has alot of the older driver packages.

Wattman is there OC management software AMD uses. AMD Settings is that little icon you see in your tray it regulates the settings for the GPU (you dont actually need that shit installed most games will do it for you) Although if you go this route you will want to install speed fan so you can control the temp/fan speeds yourself.

When you install AMD drivers if you do custom install you can uncheck AMD settings.

I never understood issues with amd cards, I used to chronically have random issues with all amd cards endlessly trying older/specific drivers...

Obviously many factors could influence, but I can't remember an amd card I didn't have a problem with

The only thing that properly solved it for me was an nvidia card

Ya never had any issues with my 1080ti or the 1060 in my laptop. So far I've had no issues with the RX 580 in my other desktop though. I will just never buy a powercolor AMD GPU again.

Problem - AMD video card

Users who are viewing this thread

Back