• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Alt Tab Lag Times (1 Viewer)

RedCents
234¢
Anyone else experiencing extremely log transition time when you alt tab between accounts. I'm in the middle of fights and checking updates between toons and there is a 2 minute lag at times.
I've tried resetting my systems and it goes away for a short time but comes right back regardless of what zones im in.

Anyone else experiencing extremely log transition time when you alt tab between accounts. I'm in the middle of fights and checking updates between toons and there is a 2 minute lag at times.
I've tried resetting my systems and it goes away for a short time but comes right back regardless of what zones im in.
I moved your thread to lvl 1 requests and questions - not sure why you posted in fippy darkpaw - that's like that "dUmB ThReAd" section. If you *wanted* it in fippy's area, let me know and i'll put it back

I haven't had that issue myself.

Are you running any out of the norm plugins?

Thanks Sic, wasn't paying attention which section I was reading through when I posted. I'm not running anything out of the norm at all. Weird thing is it's on my best computer and not experiencing issues with my laptop or separate desktop running other accounts. Just odd when I noticed about a week ago.

this is what i personally use

I haven't heard of this issue, so we should start with the basics

Are you fully updated? windows updates, video drivers, etc?

Is MQ2 fully updated?

Are you on live, test, or emu?

Are you using mq2eqwire?

MQ2 is fully updated, running WIN 10 with all updates and 3 instances of EQ all with proper patches.
I'm not running anything else in the background.
System is an iBUYPOWER
- i7-8700
- 16GB
- System is 64-bit
- Graphics runs on a GeForce GTX 1060 (drivers are up to date)

I've been playing for close to 20 years and i've never seen this type of lock-up before. Now it's taking 5-8 minutes between alt tabs randomly.

MQ2 is fully updated, running WIN 10 with all updates and 3 instances of EQ all with proper patches.
I'm not running anything else in the background.
System is an iBUYPOWER
- i7-8700
- 16GB
- System is 64-bit
- Graphics runs on a GeForce GTX 1060 (drivers are up to date)

I've been playing for close to 20 years and i've never seen this type of lock-up before. Now it's taking 5-8 minutes between alt tabs randomly.
yeah something is definitely not alright - and I'm assuming when you say 5-8 minutes you're not meaning it takes a second or two longer than expected, but really taking up that amount of time. That is a significant problem and I would be pretty frustrated

Out of curiosity, have you tried without running mq2 and seeing if you can replicate the same problem?

install directx 9, even if the system says iits there its not the proper full version, i think @Sicprofundus has the right link
yeah I was wondering if it was a directX issue - I meant to ask if this was a fresh install or a fresh computer - as in a "new" issue
finding the right directx is a pain, i just had this situation on another pc i put together

I believe this is the correct directX that is needed for eq/mq2nav etc

Problem - Alt Tab Lag Times

Users who are viewing this thread

Back