• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Along the way or Roses worth smelling (1 Viewer)

EQ74

RedCents
594¢
Hello everyone!

I'm in the process of charting out a progression on Bertox (Live) from fresh toons to epics and beyond, and wanted to poll for input of items, paths and experiences worth completing along the way.

My team is presently level 18 SHD,SHM,BRD,BST,BER, a 33 CLR which is on the same account as a heroic 85 ROG. At 33 I intend to add the cleric until they reach 85 and then swap for the rogue.

Along the way I plan on gathering appropriate weight reduction bags for the team and look forward to getting the epics.

Gear wise I understand that Defiant is the best route to 85ish though I suspect there are a few gems worth getting. I'm thinking about some of the LDoN augments, I remember a pet proc'ing augment that was desirable.

Are there any raid loot that is worth perusing from the earlier expansions or quests that should be completed. My recent experience in the game is limited to TLP OoW. Beyond that it is all new to me.

Any wisdom, ideas for progression or items worth spending some time getting is appreciated.

Thank you for your consideration.

EQ74

Are you on a TLP? if not, use mercs to grind you to 75-80, using defient, then go to TBM, do progression to get decent, almost modern gear. epics ldon specific augs can wait until 100+ on live (imo).

@durango773 Oh no I'm on Live! I'll make that clear via edit, sorry for the confusion.

Oh and clickys, I will probably try for illusion masks for the bard. The mask of deception is near a weight reduction bag as I recall.

The reason I bring up live, XP and progressing for the first 70-75 levels on live is fast and easy. Several times people have tried to do "old EQ" (before cotf), in level band, and they just level right past the xpacs (autogrant covers AA's until 115). So back to the point, best to get TBM and 90-100, then go back and get SK epic, bard epic, cleric epic, shaman epic.. and if you are going to "modernize" (level 101+) to learn the current game, ber and rog epics are still worthwhile since you can spend plenty of time level'n from 101 to 125 (ber and rog epics become questionable 115+). Just at 100+, all super simple, just takes time at that point.

Rog mask and WR bag drops from same mob in LGuk if I remember correctly. Would also focus on doing DoN progression when you are able to get XP doing the missions to upgrade your faction, this is easier and quicker if you go all good or all evil classes will just take quite a few more runs and token turn ins for the apposing faction toons so not a major issue. But defintily recommend doing when you can get XP from them so you can unlock all of the special AAs that come from DoN progression. Can come back and knock out the raids to finish it off once over level the content and farming the Vish eye for combine is still good for some classes I believe.

I have not played in ~2 years now so not sure what has changed in that time period.

Lvl 18-50.
Classic dungeons like Najena, SolA+SolB, Lower guk, Old Sebilis are worth looking into leveling to 50. For the 6th spot in grp, use a Tank Merc.

Thank you @ASmith50 for the information on DoN and the impact on the character. I've never participated in that progression.

Thank you @durango773 for the information about TBM. I had to google that as well as DoN. I appreciate the knowledge of when to tackle content/progression. It should keep me from becoming frustrated.

Thank you @Mishka for the advice on the classic leveling path. I've been using the basic cleric merc but I'll switch to the tank and see how that goes. It should speed things up as I can always use the 33CLR to out of party heal. Until the team reaches 33.

EQ74

Discussion - Along the way or Roses worth smelling

Users who are viewing this thread

Back