• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Alihja's Short Attention Span Kubiki Theatre (1 Viewer)

The Squealing Fairy

RedCents
I have a short attention span.

No, really. That's why I write short stories instead of novels. It's why I have eight thousand alternate characters. It's why I hate if people talk for more than five minutes without stopping for conversational pause. It's also why I hate reading long articles and posts unless they're broken up by pictures.

So get this...

mob.jpg

I've been cooking the same cup of water in the microwave for the past three hours, but only for 2 min and 30 sec at a time. I always get distracted and run off to do something else, thus forgetting all about the hot cocoa I'm making.

.... shit, I just did it again. Gotta run and punch in for another 2.30.

Feel free to take this thread off subject in as many directions as possible.

Get an old tea kettle. You know the kind that whistles at you when your water is boiling.

There is no need for such obsolete contraptions in this day and age!

/me Jumps on his old timey bicycle with the huge front wheel and peddles to the local bazaar.

Hot cocoa in August?

Yer nuts.

And tea kettles are great. Boil up a kettle full of water, and you'll get 2-3 cups of tea or whatever out of it without having to spend time reheating anything. I pretty much never nuke water.. always with the kettle. But only in winter, lol.

I wish I had a short attention span. Instead, I have a slight case of OCD where I find myself pouring over whatever I am currently working on until I get pissed off and consider it done or have to move on due to time constraints. My short stories end up half a novel and somehow I find myself working on 3 or 4 different things at once, each demanding all my time but only getting a portion.

yay OCD....:loco:

I have no attention span either. Which is why I type long ass posts which contain a ridiculous amount of useless or unrelated information. I can't stay focused on one subject long enough to post anything straightforward and well sane so instead I end up rambling off on various tangents that may or may not have anything to do with the subject at hand. This is amplified by the fact that I post almost exclusively from work so I am constantly being distracted by random people and can almost never stay focused. Yay?

Hot cocoa in August?

Yer nuts.

And tea kettles are great. Boil up a kettle full of water, and you'll get 2-3 cups of tea or whatever out of it without having to spend time reheating anything. I pretty much never nuke water.. always with the kettle. But only in winter, lol.
Certain parts of the Midwest, you'd be surprised.

Unless you lived in them.

Also, Ali, I do understand the "only short stories" thing. I write, and I really have trouble doing things that are that long, unless they're in fairly loosely-related parts.

Of course, I usually don't write fiction meself. I stick to creative non-fic, pretty short stuff, 600-1000 words usually.

I'm from Minnesota... :P It's WAY too hot in summer for hot drinks.

I'm in Minnesota! It's never too hot for hot cocoa or green tea. I will consider the kettle thing. I had a nice ol' one at the office; it was electric, an antique from the 50s. It either grew legs, or someone walked out with it. Anyway... maybe I'll get another electric one. I tend to forget about things in the microwave, so I probably shouldn't put things on the stove.

Anyway... maybe I'll get another electric one. I tend to forget about things in the microwave, so I probably shouldn't put things on the stove.

While I don't have a short attention span, my memory is another story. When I get doing something I tend to forget everything else( food, drink, kids and letting the dog out). So my solution may help you out too,,, simply move everything to your work station! Besides my computer, my oversized desk has: 1 plug in kettle, 1 small fridge, alarm clock (i set it to remind me to feed the kids.. i mean pets), several types of tea and instant coffee, several hundred pens, a empty hampster cage, a blowgun, various munchies with long shelf lives and usally a cat. Thus everything I normally need is right there and not to be forgotten! I want tea? Simply turn the kettle on, and when the steam starts fogging up my glasses i am reminded that I am having a hot beverage!

Living like an astronaut FTW!!!

While I don't have a short attention span, my memory is another story. When I get doing something I tend to forget everything else( food, drink, kids and letting the dog out). So my solution may help you out too,,, simply move everything to your work station! Besides my computer, my oversized desk has: 1 plug in kettle, 1 small fridge, alarm clock (i set it to remind me to feed the kids.. i mean pets), several types of tea and instant coffee, several hundred pens, a empty hampster cage, a blowgun, various munchies with long shelf lives and usally a cat. Thus everything I normally need is right there and not to be forgotten! I want tea? Simply turn the kettle on, and when the steam starts fogging up my glasses i am reminded that I am having a hot beverage!

Living like an astronaut FTW!!!

Those by chance related? Lol.

My minifridge crapped out last year... I really need to get around to pickin up a new one.

Those by chance related? Lol.

My minifridge crapped out last year... I really need to get around to pickin up a new one.

No, the cat dosen't fit, I tried. Perhaps I should get some smaller, rodent like animal to put in there..

Also, my fridge is on its last leg too, but I plan on getting one of those water coolers that have a mini fridge underneath them! The possible combinations of what to put in the cooler part to match what i put in the water dispenser are mind boggling!

So what do you chaps think of the political climate changes in post-Soviet Russia?

I tend to forget about things in the microwave, so I probably shouldn't put things on the stove.
butt that is the beauty of the screaming teakettles... they scream at you till you come and turn them off. and then the waters all hot anyhoo, so you might as well make cocoa while your there trying to get the teakettle to stop screaming.

they are perfect for those of us who... OOOOHHH -- SHINEY... wha?

pms

i once had 7 cats, i set them free in a forest somewhere, and a few weeks later bigfoot brought them back. and he was pissed, they all shit under his bed.

I need more cats. Two of them simply cannot keep up with destroying my entire apartment. Some days it actually looks clean for a few hours straight. Which is bullshit IMO.

My neighbor has about 40 cats - one of those 'in-home private cat shelters' (aka crazy cat lady). I was so pleased when I found out I had moved next to a crazy cat lady. otherwise the neighborhood was a bit dull.

Alas, she's ill with ALS and had to go to a home. Her family and friends are slowly shuffling cats out of the house, headed who knows where. I'm thinking they'll need to remodel with explosives, and a lot of bleach.

Thank God I am allergic to cats. Otherwise I'd have at least a dozen of the damned things, all of them fat diabetic carpet-wetting wool-suckers.

I am thinking of picking up one more that lives outside of my apt. She is super tiny though and I am scared my fat cats will eat her.

Alihja's Short Attention Span Kubiki Theatre

Users who are viewing this thread

Back