• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - ALERT: Emergency Maintenance (1 Viewer)

durango773

Taco Giver
RedCents
15,864¢
Seen a few other servers bounce, but FV crashed (i say crash, because no notice) damn near 12hrs exactly apart. Any other ones?

New way to manage the lag? server is super snappy after..

yea, whatever they did yesterday did something for stability, seen a few server crashes so far. I'd expect some kind of hotfix. Got caught with group spread across zone and some un-invis due to the way they rolled back server... was lucky not to have to corpse run!

All EverQuest servers are currently being brought offline today, November 18, 2021, for an emergency update. Downtime is expected to last approximately 2 hours.

Updates or changes to this downtime will be posted here. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Dooooh!

giphy.gif

Adding a little more information:

Sorry for the delay in this emergency update. We had originally planned to bring servers down ASAP, at 10:30 AM PT. We are having an issue with our build system and cannot bring the servers down until it is fixed. When we have a new downtime we will update it here.

Thank you for your patience.

Serious though, at what point do sit around and say ok something broke after the maintenance patch, then an hour later, ok something broke again, and again. Why wouldn't you just roll back to what worked until you figure out these issues. I thought the test server was suppose to be the testing ground for things before going live. This is just unacceptable for a company that makes it's living on paying customers.

Serious though, at what point do sit around and say ok something broke after the maintenance patch, then an hour later, ok something broke again, and again. Why wouldn't you just roll back to what worked until you figure out these issues. I thought the test server was suppose to be the testing ground for things before going live. This is just unacceptable for a company that makes it's living on paying customers.

Small time people like me playing software developer by myself can just keep failing forward.. what they are working on warrants a fairly intensive dive into what is and is not working before turning knobs and flipping switches. Would make quite a bit of sense to get a working list of all things that were observed to be broken after the patch and then RB , while working out the issues, failing forward is only for me, not for them.

Playing Devil's Advocate a bit, but sometimes rolling back is difficult, especially if there are any database changes. They probably have migration planned out for the forward direction, but migrating backwards without also rolling back player data is likely a bit more difficult.

My question is why do an update at all? I mean, each month there is an update with some pretty meaningless and trivial updates that could probably wait a couple more months. I wonder if there is some monthly maintenance they need to do anyway and they hide it with a few minor tweaks and spelling corrections.

boom... jesus.. its like they are managed by the government..

No, managed by the government would mean the servers would continue forward like nothing is wrong. All the while the server is on fire. It would go on like this for years and ultimately they'd blame it all on one person who was in the building, but played no significant role in the fire. It's very well possible they also didn't know the fire existed.

Yeah was just about to post.

From the Forums.

All EverQuest servers are being brought offline today, November 19, 2021, at 6:00 p.m. PST, for an emergency update. Downtime is expected to last approximately 2 hours.

Updates or changes to this downtime will be posted here. We apologize for the inconvenience.

No, managed by the government would mean the servers would continue forward like nothing is wrong. All the while the server is on fire. It would go on like this for years and ultimately they'd blame it all on one person who was in the building, but played no significant role in the fire. It's very well possible they also didn't know the fire existed.
How True! Also, don't forget... it was the last guy's fault... I inherited the fire due to the last administrations blundering. I'm trying to put the fire out! Meanwhile they throw more gasoline on the fire to make it worse, so they can raise taxes in order to "put it out better". ha!

I'm tired of repeatedly spending 90 minutes loading and setting up 30 accounts every few hours. Maybe they should hire some of those $15 mcds employees.

Anyone know what this is all about ?
i merged your post into the already existing conversation.

tl;dr - since wed's patch server stability has been very low - we assume they've been doing emergency patches to try and address that

moar

All EverQuest servers are being brought offline today, November 20, 2021, at 3:30 p.m. PST, for an emergency update to address the world stability issues. Downtime is expected to last approximately 2 hours.

moar

All EverQuest servers are being brought offline today, November 20, 2021, at 3:30 p.m. PST, for an emergency update to address the world stability issues. Downtime is expected to last approximately 2 hours.

The stability issues is them taking the f******* things down.. anyways.. yay, good stuff..

Was having an issue with loot too, but mine was related to timing. It would pop up in ADVL but I never had time to select someone to give it to before it would just leave it on the corpse forever. Wasn't every item, but intermittent and usually on items that had not been denoted for status ( AN/AG/NV..etc)

Discussion - ALERT: Emergency Maintenance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back