• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Funny - Ah... memories (1 Viewer)

Last night, I was explaining old school plane of fear break-ins to a guildmate who is brand new to the game. Afterwards, we all were thinking "how in tf did we ever think this was fun?"

Last night, I was explaining old school plane of fear break-ins to a guildmate who is brand new to the game. Afterwards, we all were thinking "how in tf did we ever think this was fun?"
man, i remember some people getting really close to corpse poof timer, and ended up calling a bunch of other guilds to try and help save them, was a nail biter

I got my first water sprinkler a few months ago so i don’t remember that exact situation. My main, however, was a rogue specifically to be needed for CRs. Well that, and stealing from Hill Giants was da bomb! 😎

Woah, like bugged out or? Story time?

LOL more like story time. I was in a family casual guild. We had no business at the time trying an old school hate raid (before the revamp). After multiple attempts we sort of said - "Ok - time to re-gear - lets do something else".

I remember a monk went to go get my corpse, then he looted it and stole my stuff. I don't miss those days lol.

Found this little gem in the Macroquest2 docs: https://www.macroquest2.com/includes/wassup/manual.php#tlofinditem

/itemnotify ${FindItem[sprinkler].InvSlot} leftmouseup
Picks up your cleric epic from your corpse

Who remembers looting your own corpse???
I can remember .. Probably circa 2003... Helping a cleric whatever it was they needed for their epic out of Chardok... multiple wipes, kept necro rez memmed, and FD'd when we were wiping to use necro rez on the cleric so she could rez the other cleric, and they could rez the rest. An SK and I were the only two who didn't die the whole time. lots of corpse looting going on that day. Good times!

The thing I always hated about corpse runs was not the difficulty, so to speak, but the fact that doing so would necessitate staying online to get everyone back up, sometimes much longer than you had planned to stay on. If you wiped out when you only had 15 minutes left to play you're now faced with a decision: do you stay online to get it all back and help the rest of the group/raid get theirs too, possibly throwing your sleep schedule off or being late for some other activity, or do you just camp out and leave it for later, risking a corpse rot and leaving others to fend for themselves. Putting aside the nostalgia factor, I feel that it was a bad game design at the time.

Those that started playing EQ after the PITA corpse runs ended have no clue how good they have it. Running from Halas to Great Divide naked was no picnic, running anywhere naked with an invis that had a timer that could end at anytime was a bit of an adventure to say the least.

Those that started playing EQ after the PITA corpse runs ended have no clue how good they have it. Running from Halas to Great Divide naked was no picnic, running anywhere naked with an invis that had a timer that could end at anytime was a bit of an adventure to say the least.
Meh...i'm on the opposite end of that. I think that made the game great. You had to make sacrifices and there was a real risk/cost to everything. If you screwed up you paid the price.

That was my first raid experience on AyRo. Being part of the B-team lowboys that got called in to bolster the forces for a fear break in to recover the A-team’s bodies.

I’m with Many_Whelps. I remember keeping a set of gear in the bank in case I lost my corpse because I had to log (and if I recall correctly, the Rez/decay timer at the time still counted down when you were offline).

While it did create some fond memories of people who helped me, it was also not fun in those situations where you had somewhere else to be…but had to choose the game over your real life in order to make sure you didn’t lose your progress.

You can call it risk vs reward, but the biggest risk in EQ was often through no fault of your own.

Lagging/disconnecting while on a boat was the worst. Who knows where the heck you died? I’ve lost at lease 1 or 2 corpses that way.

I play live and p99 so I still remember this pain - from last night and a bad L.Guk experiment with my mage, 5 minutes to get killed. 45 mins to get my stuff back with help from a group at ass/sup camp.... too soon...too soon. 😭

man - hard times

i remember keeping some "bare bones" Corpse retrieval gear set so i didn't have to run to iceclad ocean in the buff
I kept a set of rubicite, FBSS, and SSOYs in my bank as a CR set on my tank. I also kept some coffins on my char and in my bank. Never know when you'll need them.

I lost my corpse once. It was during Kunark days. I died in burned woods. I asked some guy for help and he told me the zone keeps moving around. Took me hours to catch the stupid zone and recover my corpse.

Funny - Ah... memories

Users who are viewing this thread

Back