• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - a return EQ player interested (1 Viewer)

DijonCyanide

RedCents
10¢
Hello,

I recently, about a month ago, returned to EQ "Live" after quitting EQ about 16 years ago. I just began my 90's leveling a few days ago & even though I greatly appreciate the, new to me, concept of the Mercenary at around the 70ish levels I find them obsolete. Even the subbed Mercs just seem purposely as a figure-head rather than effective, but then again I'll admit I'm certainly not playing as well as I used to years ago. The "Moloing" is nice only up to a point.

So it seems some, if not most, in the game are "2-boxing" if not more & this seems like a paramount resource for such endeavors. So this product/service costs since I see a subscription service? I mean the game would probably really open up if able to have one's own group all/most of the time. Ideally 6 characters, but also would be nice for 3 characters with their 3 Mercs. Is there any guarantee if subbing to redguides' EQ service? Also, if I cease subscription do I lose access to the service? I apologize if I missed it, but I couldn't find a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section. However, I am currently going through the 'Beginners Guide" videos. I'm just trying to get optimal progress in EQ while I'm subbed & I see this redguides' product/service potentially enhancing that chance, but I also don't want to pay for a product/service then not be able to use it. Thanks for your time & pertinent information.

My mercs can tank and heal group in FM at level 100 and up. I think you might not be using the right merc or the merc right. :confused:

But it could be that once you get going on your two box and add in your mercs then it will become clear. And of course you will soon need that 3rd box like the rest of us, and then the 4th, 5th etc. It really grows on ya nowadays.

WB and have fun!

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, I need to complete that Mercenary tier 5 quest for the best mercenary, but otherwise the starting subbed Merc in my experience is only 2-4 more hits then dead better than the free Merc.

I have gifted you a sub for 1 month, welcome and enjoy!

Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate this & it is unexpected. I will finish viewing the tutorial video series this weekend & try to best utilize your gift. Thank you again, if this works at the end of your gift I'll sub again. My thanks, vivviv.

Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate this & it is unexpected. I will finish viewing the tutorial video series this weekend & try to best utilize your gift. Thank you again, if this works at the end of your gift I'll sub again. My thanks, vivviv.
My pleasure! A new world of Everquest will open up to you! To easy control your toons i advice you to start with KissAssist or the ChatWhitThisName plugins.

Question - a return EQ player interested

Users who are viewing this thread

Back