• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - 80-90 PowerLevel spot (at 120) (1 Viewer)

knave23

Cookie Champion 2022
RedCents
1,482¢
Sorry if I missed a post, but I searched the forums and most of what I found on this predates the level cap raise to 120.

Anyone got a good spot to PL from 80-90? I normally pl with my main crew, but they're 120 now which increases the difficulty/annoyance factor. I've been doing sk trains and necro aura in HoT zones, but that slowed down a lot when I hit upper 70s. Do I just need to suck it up and stay there?

i usually keep a 110 f2p tank, to get toons from the 80s up

then at 90 you can fold into a 120 group

PLing from 75-85/90 is tough without just having a tank you can do that with.

sometimes i'll just use a deletable heroic sk and slow roll it

i usually keep a 110 f2p tank, to get toons from the 80s up

then at 90 you can fold into a 120 group

PLing from 75-85/90 is tough without just having a tank you can do that with.

sometimes i'll just use a deletable heroic sk and slow roll it
Yeah I'm slowly starting a rollout of more accounts and regretting not having a lower tank for exactly this. Sounds like that'll be my next project!

The best and fastest place from level 80-90 is Frontier Mountains ( If you got the personal to kill there)

1) At level 80's - (80-88) you will be getting a walloping 3% a kill almost if memory serves correctly , only when you get to the high 80's it slows down to like 1% a kill

2) Spawns are fast and abundant of mobs to kill, solo or mass pulls

If Frontier Mountains is too tough for you , then I suggest head to the GROUNDS or SHARDS LANDING

great exp there for the easy kills you can get

I used a heroic monk who is 87 in serpent spine to get my new PLees to 80 then group them 3 at a time with my SK/bard/druid and make sure they are all in fellowship, a bit of time in the yeti caves in lceanium quickly gets them to 90 and then they can group with my main.

If you are PLing an entire group and split them at 80 make sure you don't group with the 120 until the other group of 80 has their vitality as they won't get any if you getting xp in a group they aren't eligible to get xp in, i just learned that recently lol

Once they hit 95 its time to grind away! I just block invis on my main toons and just add a group invis to the DPS rotation of my helaer and they will keep the PLees invis so they don't die in droga or GMM

The best and fastest place from level 80-90 is Frontier Mountains ( If you got the personal to kill there)

1) At level 80's - (80-88) you will be getting a walloping 3% a kill almost if memory serves correctly , only when you get to the high 80's it slows down to like 1% a kill

2) Spawns are fast and abundant of mobs to kill, solo or mass pulls

If Frontier Mountains is too tough for you , then I suggest head to the GROUNDS or SHARDS LANDING

great exp there for the easy kills you can get

Second FM. 85-95 can be done fast as can be with lessons if you can bounce an back between both forts in off hours. My goal is always to hit 95 asap so i can get into missions after that.

I kept a ranger at 115 specifically for that reason. you can use his tank merc and HS the crap out of anything in FM and Chardok which will get toons from 85-100's VERY quickly.

Might have to try that. Right now I have a 115 team I left there pal, bard, cleric, 3 rogues. I think they must be humaonid because mobs drop quick. That said i love FM because of fast reports I run back and forth between two forts bard speed and basically pull the whole fort each time. It allows for non stop killing. 85-95 essentially look 30 minutes with lesson.

How I do 80 to 90 in less than 30 minutes: group your PL toon (lvl 80) with lvl 110 ranger, no other characters in group, no mercs. Run to Kor'sha Laboratory (left non-cave entrance) and park your lvl 80 toon at the bottom of the ramp down the hall from the zone-in. Nothing paths there and you can just sit. Use the 110 ranger to headshot all the sarnaks (about 13 in my usual rotation) on the upper floor of the neighboring room. You'll want to park the dogs using snare/punts. With a 12 minute respawn, the killing is nonstop. With LotD running, the lower toon will go from 80 to about 93 during the LotD. If you're using a normally boxed "autofire only" ranger and don't really know how to play one, your mileage may vary.

Question - 80-90 PowerLevel spot (at 120)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back