• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - 6box Combo Question (1 Viewer)

Dudduts

RedCents
181¢
Hey guys, not sure if this is the proper place to put this, but I was curious if anyone has tried something like 5 Beastlords (with MQ2Bst) and, lets say a cleric healer.. Would that be any good at higher levels? Ive heard of stuff being not very pet friendly, but would the shear power of 5 beasts be able to do it? just curious.

you're just missing out on a lot by doing that.

can you? sure

are you going to run into things that become problematic because you don't have a #real tank or a #real CC? yes, depending on what you do / what your goals are.

Tank, healer, bard, 3 bst would probably be better than 5 bst and clr imo =p

but yeah try it

you're just missing out on a lot by doing that.

can you? sure

are you going to run into things that become problematic because you don't have a #real tank or a #real CC? yes, depending on what you do / what your goals are.

Tank, healer, bard, 3 bst would probably be better than 5 bst and clr imo =p

but yeah try it
Very true.. thanks for the input Sic.

someone is doing a full paladin group i think?, if you just looking for fun, and trying something crazy, go ahead, but if you want to min max and and be the most efficient, then sic is right.

As I am just starting out, I am currently running 5 mages and a cleric merc and loving it. I’m seriously about to upgrade to get the plug-in for mages and drop 1 mage for an enchanter which would be my main character and then the mages and cleric merc would be my boxes. As the 5 mage team runs out of mana way to fast. Sadly with only 6 of the same class you really don’t have any variety so it does get kinda boring after a bit.

someone is doing a full paladin group i think?, if you just looking for fun, and trying something crazy, go ahead, but if you want to min max and and be the most efficient, then sic is right.
/wave thats me. Yep, and they havent had any trouble yet so far - but, they are tank, they do heal (especially with 6 of them) and they are also DPS (Vs undead) and - plugins for winning.

Back in the day - 5 friends and I did Howling Stones with 6 level 60 NECs while it was current content. 12 Spectres (Arch Lich on us, 59 Spectre Pets) rolled through and cleared everything. Quite honestly, one of the most fun times I ever had in EQ. I watched a video recently of a 120 Nec soloing Shei, and it did put the idea back in my head of possibly running an all-NEC crew again.

Back in the day - 5 friends and I did Howling Stones with 6 level 60 NECs while it was current content. 12 Spectres (Arch Lich on us, 59 Spectre Pets) rolled through and cleared everything. Quite honestly, one of the most fun times I ever had in EQ. I watched a video recently of a 120 Nec soloing Shei, and it did put the idea back in my head of possibly running an all-NEC crew again.
some of my best times were me and a necro duo-buddy and we'd both box a cleric

we killed bristlebane in PoM one time, and he dropped like 7 copper - never knew if it was broken or another Bristlebane "joke" - took us a while. was a thrill tho

For whatever reason I have a soft (dead?) spot in my heart for necros and keep thinking about doing something like this but never getting around to it. one of these days!

some of my best times were me and a necro duo-buddy and we'd both box a cleric

we killed bristlebane in PoM one time, and he dropped like 7 copper - never knew if it was broken or another Bristlebane "joke" - took us a while. was a thrill tho
The good ol' days for sure. It was also fun with the same crew going to Oasis and "terrorizing" the dock.

/ooc Spectres to docks!!!!

One of my favorite groups I ever ran was sk/shm/bstx4. It took about 8 hrs with a bst main friend to write a kiss (mq2 bst didn’t exist then), the outcome was the bsts decimating what my bers did in group configs at the time (eok/ros era) dps wise, zero downtime, etc

If we saw the same dude, he did try like 30 times before he manage to defeat Shei.

i have a gruop of 6 necros that i like to use for sheer fun ... it does get limited missing a tank but it def has a fun factor. i would suggest having a proper composition when first starting (tank heal cc dps) but for a good serving of alt-itis play whatever you like! what really stunk was doing all the OOW faction to get the anguish robe clickies haha

(note: i waited for the plugin to do the necro ownage and it was well worth the wait)

Question - 6box Combo Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back