• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - 64bit discussion (scheduled 2-15-2022 for live server) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try turning the Frame Limiter on in Next, it literally makes all instances apart from the driver use zero gpu but has no negative impact on automation

(I was referring to RG Devs having some/most of the info they need from Test)
He's been playing on test. So it still has not been rebuilt for him to try out with the new client.

You're not accounting for the fact that they don't want to work for DBG lol.
DBG Work Culture
Stressed Saturday Night Live GIF by HULU
Cat Reaction GIF

CWTN response to Jr. Coders whining about the weekend...
work GIF

Why a day early I'm wondering. Patches are supposed to be Wednesdays dammit.
I think they should have made it the day before 2/14 - Valentines day - then most of us could have lied to better half and said we were dedicating the entire day to them and not playing,

Well, they might have bought it

@Atheos32 yeah, i was wondering about the system loading. On beta i tried loading my normal crew and got to 12 and CPU/GPU were like nah bro.. live can do 18+.. at 32bit..
One of the advantages of a 20 year old game is that it will run on a potato. If boxers (MQ or manual) struggle to play the number of clients they are accustomed to, that seems revenue negative.

One of the advantages of a 20 year old game is that it will run on a potato. If boxers (MQ or manual) struggle to play the number of clients they are accustomed to, that seems revenue negative.
If you weigh the pros and cons. Crashing due to lack of resources or being unable to continue to advance characters stats/options due to a lack of updated structure could also lead to a loss of revenue. There's a scale somewhere that weighs potentials and in this case the scale tips towards the fact that 64 bit has been out for long enough and they had enough resources to finally go through with a conversion and those costs justify the update.
Being 64 bit has technically been an option since 2005, it's past due to receive the update to 64 bit. I personally don't expect it to change things too much. They're still running on their custom engine.

If you weigh the pros and cons. Crashing due to lack of resources or being unable to continue to advance characters stats/options due to a lack of updated structure could also lead to a loss of revenue. There's a scale somewhere that weighs potentials and in this case the scale tips towards the fact that 64 bit has been out for long enough and they had enough resources to finally go through with a conversion and those costs justify the update.
Being 64 bit has technically been an option since 2005, it's past due to receive the update to 64 bit. I personally don't expect it to change things too much. They're still running on their custom engine.
Absolutely - I'm not seeing game crashes due to resource limitations, though 1 is a pretty small sample size.

Like you, I'm skeptical that DBG has resources to allocate to do much more with the 64 bit space than the 32 bit space though.

Even more glad I don't "box" except traders, I suck up electricity instead, so with any luck the changeover won't hurt much, but still...the bugs and server crashes will certainly put a damper on things regardless, no matter who uses what.

What if you took 2 32-bit clients and tied them together.

I'm not helping, I know -- but I want to thank the RG Devs working on this because, y'know....

1644365086182.png

What if you took 2 32-bit clients and tied them together.

I'm not helping, I know -- but I want to thank the RG Devs working on this because, y'know....

View attachment 37733
For whatever reason, this made me think of the old console days going from 8-bit consoles to 16-bit consoles. Some of the lesser known systems simply put 2x 8-bit processors in their machine and called it 16-bit.

Do we know if this is 64bit client ready by chance? I've looked around a little but didn't see much on a final notice of it.
No Sir, nothing ready.. alot of the smart people (programmers/code writers) are working on it. there is a donation thread (for most, some do it out of love/stockholm syndrom) if you want to throw a clam or 2 onto it.

test being down forced me to box on live ... took the last month of MIA from my test toons to migrate from legacy and check out the new build .. now im cringing over not playing on either ... more gym time i guess

I know 99% of us have computer knowledge coming out our processors and are writing scripts and stuff all over the place but I found this easy to use site that you can just plug in your info and real easy steps to find said info to see if you can run the 64 bit coming 2/15/22.

You want to be in the blue area and click the little down arrows for each of the "how to find"

Like I said this is stuff that is just for us lessor computer gods:confused:

other than my ram its telling me i barely meet the minimum requirements for everything else LOL...

10700k OCed to 5.1ghz, 128 gigs of ram, win 11 64 bit and a rtx 3090.. I am not sure how accurate that is now lol

Maybe when 64bit goes live next week, we'll get a new UI with buttons you can read on a 4k monitor. Maybe they'll implement Unreal Engine and everything will look top-notch awesome.

1644422600485.png

I know 99% of us have computer knowledge coming out our processors and are writing scripts and stuff all over the place but I found this easy to use site that you can just plug in your info and real easy steps to find said info to see if you can run the 64 bit coming 2/15/22.

You want to be in the blue area and click the little down arrows for each of the "how to find"

Like I said this is stuff that is just for us lessor computer gods:confused:

Damn 3080 TI Minimum requirement. 😂 😂 😂 . Least I have enough ram. :dance:

1644458810816.png

News - 64bit discussion (scheduled 2-15-2022 for live server)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back