• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - 6 box Hardware question (1 Viewer)

RedCents
23¢
Hi all

I have 6 toons to operate, I would like to turn on all effect and high resolution. Can someone suggest me the hardware to play smoothly in one computer, both PC or Laptop?

Would probably be ok with a quad core cpu made in the last 5 or so years or higher, 8 gigs of ram and something like a geforce 1050 or better. It doesn't take too much to run eq. Make sure to use an ssd or nmve to play eq from, especially if you are going to have logs going on all of the accounts. If you can afford it, look for something more like 6 or 8 cores and 16 gigs of ram.

I do 12 on live and 54 on EMU with 64GB Ram, AMD Ryzen3950 and 2080TI. Shouldn't need to much for 6 but I also wouldn't turn graphics on high on any but the main character you play, so their BG FPS stays as high as possible.

32 Gig Ram, AMD 3950 with a 2080ti, and I have run 15 on live with full effects with zero issues. While that is going I have been known to pull off a full game or world of warships or WoW with no real performance issues. Any good multicore cpu in the last couple of years, and you are going to be fine. EQ does not tax a modern graphics card at all, even at 4k res. cpu = Memory > Video Card. If your cpu is older, go with more memory. Any Iris powered Intel CPU will do fine for 6 as well.

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5 GHz 8-Core OEM/Tray Processor
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock 2 Black CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock 970M PRO3 Micro ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR3-1600 CL9 Memory
Storage: Samsung 870 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Gigabyte P-B 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

how about this would this work as a 6box

Well you definitely need a gaming computer.

My computer is decent , but nothing overpowering. I can handle 6 box but it slows down. You should google Gaming computers and it will give you the answer you need.

If you have a tight budget , look for computer from Staples or best buy

ive made 8 gigs of ram on a motherboard from 2007 run 11 accounts for 24 hours a day. its all about eq windows. putting yourself in low memory intensive zones ect
the later the expansion the more ram it uses when you have 1 client in zone let alone 10

Question - 6 box Hardware question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back