• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - 6 Box Group - When to Sub for Autogrant (1 Viewer)

RedCents
159¢
Hey got my 6 box crew all up to 85 now consisting of the following:

SK - Subbed
Bst - Subbed
Mage - Subbed
Bard - FTP
Nec - FTP
Cle - FTP

Do you think at this point its worth subbing my other three accounts to get the AA auto grant and then continue grinding to 120 and subbing one more time for the autogrant, or just wait until 120? Wondering how much easier it would make the rest of the grind.

Autogrant stops at 110 I believe, but imo its worth doing now. If you have a decent amount of play time, you can easily grind to 110 in a month. Yes it can be done much quicker than a month, but your play time may vary from mine.

I have subscribed at lvl 115. Then I spend all my time earning the AAs up to 115 before I progress. MQ2Grind helps speed the process of levelling and grinding AAs. You can take a character from 115 to 120 with max AAs in a month - I'm sure a lot of others here do it much faster than that. Most of my AA grinding is done in the two MQ2Grind missions in Gnome Memorial Mountain and Maiden's Eye.

As mentioned above, autogrant stops at 110 with the RoS expansion, meaning you will be autogranted through RoS AAs. In the next few months, they will change that to TBL, since CoV was just released for F2P players.

As for your question about autogranting now? It depends on how fast you level, how much time you put in, etc. If are leveling quickly, the end goal is in sight and I would autogrant now because it will make leveling easier/faster. If you think it will take longer to level, then wait. Keep them F2P for now, then hit autogrant in a week or two, or when you are closer to taking advantage of the grind.

Only you can make the call, but personally, I grind the hell out of my characters to get them to max level/aa immediately. I skip meal times, sleep, fun events, birthday parties, funerals, showers. Nothing else matters but max level/aa. Then I log off and take a break for a few months. Rinse/repeat.

😄

Are you meaning to just Auto Grant for the one month on those 3? Then back to F2P? Or rotate with the current paid and let them go F2P/Silver for a month while you pay for the other 3?

You could wait for the sale coming in July (hopefully) and purchase the Rank II spell increase thing in the marketplace for at least that cleric. You can only buy this when your Free To Play. Paid accounts cannot see it. That way when you go back to F2P they will be able to use those RK II spells.

To me, 85 is kinda low to auto grant. Around 95 or 100 is better since you get so many more benefits. Remember auto grant will fill in to what you are then. So if your 85 you would get far less AA than when your higher. So the 95/100 is sort of a happy medium, you want the AA but you want a lot of them. :)

Do you think at this point its worth subbing my other three accounts to get the AA auto grant and then continue grinding to 120 and subbing one more time for the autogrant, or just wait until 120? Wondering how much easier it would make the rest of the grind.
I assume you're not getting PLed. I started with a group similar to yours and remember around 80/85, content felt like hitting a wall. My tank was always subbed while I was leveling and I would rotate subs through the rest starting around then (or maybe 75 even). The utility and boosts to DPS and healing were noticeable. I'd definitely hit everyone with a sub at 110 and think that you would see a noticeable difference on those other 3 now.

Hey got my 6 box crew all up to 85 now consisting of the following:

SK - Subbed
Bst - Subbed
Mage - Subbed
Bard - FTP
Nec - FTP
Cle - FTP

Question - 6 Box Group - When to Sub for Autogrant

Users who are viewing this thread

Back