• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - 6 Box caster group (1 Viewer)

Nemoon

RedCents
92¢
Hello just like some input on my caster group setup what would be best for me when my lower lvl characters gets same lvl as the rest of the group.
4 I know i wanna keep in my setup is

1-Shadowknight 114
2-Enchanter 114
3-Mage 113
4-Mage 111

5-Cleric 111 or Wizard 98 or Druid 85
6-Shaman 113 or Druid 85 or Wizard or Beastlord 85

Shaman or bestlord in one spot to get adps for pets and sk i think would be good? Or just a pure wizard for dps and cleric in on spot for heals.
Or shaman and Druid in 6 spot so on harder mobs i get 2 healer and more easy mobs druid can dps. I got Shaman in one spot and Cleric in one befor
so healing is always top notch and shaman dots do good dps when then get time to ramp up on harder mobs but more easy mobs shaman dont do so good dps.
1 healer and a wizard would be best dps for the group i quess, but my tank does not have best gear and not so many AA so gets hard do keep him up on harder mobs sometimes
with only one healer in group.

I hope my toughs makes seens here for someone thats read this -:) Just wants some input and im not max lvl and low on AA so i dont know how it will work on max lvl.

//Nemmon

I have a 108 druid, I might just try that out thanks!!!

What about PAL tanking? How is it? I have a 115 warrior group and 115 SK group.
Would replacing 115 warrior for PAL be better in caster group? No raiding, just group stuff....
I wouldn't say better, but tbh, PAL newb here. Only played one up to around 45 or so quite some time ago. About to spin one up for my 3rd crew though and see how he does.

PAL guru in the crowd will likely chime in though. Got me curious to see how my 3rd will do.

As you have slows and Cc with the Enchanter I would not use a Shaman
That’s just my opinion
So that being said I would use the Wiz in place of the shaman.
I would myself find a spot and grind AA’s on my box set which will make your SK a better tank.
Topped out level wise is great but you can only tank so far with Autogrant AA’s no matter what gear you have.
Second I will catch hell for this but I’m just going to put this out there
Rogue or a Ranger in place of one them mage’s would drastically help your dps.
That is just me but you set your group how you want to run it.

Hello just like some input on my caster group setup what would be best for me when my lower lvl characters gets same lvl as the rest of the group.
4 I know i wanna keep in my setup is

1-Shadowknight 114
2-Enchanter 114
3-Mage 113
4-Mage 111

5-Cleric 111 or Wizard 98 or Druid 85
6-Shaman 113 or Druid 85 or Wizard or Beastlord 85

Shaman or bestlord in one spot to get adps for pets and sk i think would be good? Or just a pure wizard for dps and cleric in on spot for heals.
Or shaman and Druid in 6 spot so on harder mobs i get 2 healer and more easy mobs druid can dps. I got Shaman in one spot and Cleric in one befor
so healing is always top notch and shaman dots do good dps when then get time to ramp up on harder mobs but more easy mobs shaman dont do so good dps.
1 healer and a wizard would be best dps for the group i quess, but my tank does not have best gear and not so many AA so gets hard do keep him up on harder mobs sometimes
with only one healer in group.

I hope my toughs makes seens here for someone thats read this -:) Just wants some input and im not max lvl and low on AA so i dont know how it will work on max lvl.

//Nemmon
So I run pal/CLR/enc/mag/bst/nec.

I used to have an SK tank that I sadly maxed lvl and AA on (took forever) before I decided to go pal lol.

Sk/enchanter is great and there were times where it came down to those two to finish 3-4 mobs on instances that got out of hand, and they did. Strong duo there.

For your healer it comes down to preference imo. I love my cleric. I’ve tried shaman and it wasn’t for me, but it works fine.

Mag does decent damage and coth is nice. I’ve actually considered dropping my mage but giving him double invis then getting to a safe spot then coth is a nice feature. You won’t have problems with having enough damage with 2 mages but man my necro drops tons of dps on longer fights, and would give a 2nd Rez which is nice. If you have a spare 85 token or have a toon you can recycle for the token I would recommend that.

If you’re going caster group bst is great. You get extra mana buffs and adps buffs for the pets.

That said here is the most important thing, play a team they way you want; just anything is viable if you have a tank, heals, cc, and dps. Mileage will vary. I switched from a raid geared max AA sk to a pally I’m still leveling because I like the idea of the pally more. I loved my PoP pally and well it’s what I want. I love my cleric no matter how much adps I leave on the table with shaman. I like enchanter more than bard so I have one. I love my necro so I have one. Mag and Bst are just kinda there for me because they help round out my group. I run missions and have fun with my crew which is what matters. I’m not a min max player, if that’s how you like to play you will figure it out and build that crew.
As you play around with your crew you will find best how to fine tune your group to be something you really enjoy. Just do what you have fun with.

I have a 108 druid, I might just try that out thanks!!!

What about PAL tanking? How is it? I have a 115 warrior group and 115 SK group.
Would replacing 115 warrior for PAL be better in caster group? No raiding, just group stuff....
There are three tanks:
Warrior - beast tank; may have aoe agro problems
Sk - massive aoe agro lots of utility good dps - heals from mobs
Pal - has aoe agro - like a cleric with heals buffs etc

The best tank is the one you enjoy the most. I swapped to my Pal as my tank from an Sk for my caster group strictly because I like playing a Pal more.

In the end the tank that you like playing the most is the right tank for your group. They all get to the same place in the end just take different paths.

Question - 6 Box caster group

Users who are viewing this thread

Back