• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - 5/17 Crashes Recent Patch (1 Viewer)

---------------------------
EverQuest Crash Detected
MacroQuest caught a crash:
Version: 3.1.0.1346
Location: ImGui::DockContextGenNodeID+0 (C:\Users\chloe\AppData\Local\VeryVanilla\MacroQuest\Release\imgui-64.dll+0000000000027100)

CrashID: 07aa1cdf-769c-4924-97ee-bb377be47a4c

You can either:
* [RETRY] Continue execution and hope for the best.
* [CANCEL] Write a crash dump and terminate EverQuest.

Retry Cancel

Thank @brainiac ! That worked

EverQuest Crash Detected
Location: ReleaseGraphicsEngine+0 (C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest\EQGraphicsDX9.DLL+0000000000018720)

CrashID: 57426311-ee3d-4e70-95bd-c87275c89e74

You can either:

Retry Cancel
over and over again, ugh

based on the call stack though you can probably fix it by deleting the MacroQuest_Overlay.ini file -- looks like your imgui got into a bad state somehow.. Actually, save it and DM it to me.

not my intention to attempt to hijack this thread, I thought it was about crashes do to the latest patch/update. I'm not sure what is going on but it's crashing left and right for multiple reasons/errors (previously mentioned, V8, Kernelbase, etc) and it was working flawlessly before.

not my intention to attempt to hijack this thread, I thought it was about crashes do to the latest patch/update. I'm not sure what is going on but it's crashing left and right for multiple reasons/errors and it was working flawlessly before.
No worries!! Mine was perfect as well until after the patch. The team at RG is amazing and can help I'm sure!

EverQuest Crash Detected
Location: ReleaseGraphicsEngine+0 (C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest\EQGraphicsDX9.DLL+0000000000018720)

CrashID: 57426311-ee3d-4e70-95bd-c87275c89e74

You can either:

Retry Cancel

reinstalled DX9 June update, still getting DX9 crashes, and these. Any advice would be appreciated.

and that didn't work, let's try again:

EverQuest Crash Detected
Location: SetAppCompatData+0 (C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d9on12.dll+00000000000062F0)

CrashID: ff75f8ad-5249-47a1-8332-9f98c6c9b9f5

You can either:

Retry Cancel

EverQuest Crash Detected
Location: cohtml::Library::Initialize+0 (C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest\cohtml.WindowsDesktop.dll+00000000000305B8)

CrashID: 6198f582-0aef-4600-88fb-f987ec29faee

You can either:

Retry Cancel

EverQuest Crash Detected
Location: C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest\v8_libbase.dll+0000000000022D34

CrashID: 3d267112-9cea-4ac2-8578-f35c97060dd4

You can either:

Retry Cancel

I restarted my comp after reloading DX9 again and I managed to get all 6 of my guys in without an issue as of yet. I don't believe that I have any overlays. fingers crossed that it continues to run well.

Been having the same issue since the patch yesterday eve. Gave up and came back this morning hoping for a patch/hotfix but no luck. Tried deleting the overlay ini file with no luck.

Similar error:

EverQuest Crash Detected
Version: 3.1.0.1351
Location: TpWorkOnBehalfClearTicket+0 (C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll+0000000000033930)

CrashID: bd67552d-dbe7-44d1-8f19-9ff60c5b2eb2

You can either:

Retry Cancel

Last edited:
Been having the same issue since the patch yesterday eve. Gave up and came back this morning hoping for a patch/hotfix but no luck. Tried deleting the overlay ini file with no luck.

Similar error:

EverQuest Crash Detected
Location: TpWorkOnBehalfClearTicket+0 (C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll+0000000000033930)

CrashID: bd67552d-dbe7-44d1-8f19-9ff60c5b2eb2

You can either:

Retry Cancel

Managed to fix by running the EQ built in validator. It found a busted eq exe.

Attachments

• capp.png
    capp.png
    265.5 KB · Views: 4
I went to bed last night after spending a few hours crashing. Still having issues with:

EverQuest Crash Detected
Location: D3D12GetInterface+0 (C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\D3D12Core.dll+0000000000021F30)

CrashID: 059f494e-bc46-47a9-b2f2-be16ff5f0f84

You can either:

Retry Cancel

Going to try that EQ validator and see if that helps!

didn't seem to help unfotunately.

ResetDevice() Failed!

just booted all six of my toons
ugh, that sucks.
just checking ... you are starting eq stand alone and then hitting the validator? It shouldnt give reset failed. Still sounds an issue with EQ itself. Buncha google hits on Everquest ResetDevice() Failed! ... seeming related to video or DX9 issues.

I ran a single regular stand-alone instance to run the validation, it said everything was fine/up to date. I don't know what it is but it seems like every instance of EQ is taking up way more resources than before the patch and I'm not sure why. If I autoload my group, 3 out of 6 will crash. If my group dies and they all get sent back to PoK, 3-6 instances crash. I have to load one group member at a time and if I need to zone with them or fellowship click do that before loading the next toon in. It's weird, my comp has actually frozen a few times. I still have the frame rate set to 60 foreground, lowest possible background.

I can't even get 6 toons in at a time now. Just freezes and crashes. I've tried every trouble shooting method that I know of and reinstalled DX9 twice. It's becoming quite frustrating. It's literally bogging down my laptop and slowing it to a crawl, sometimes with just 3 toons loaded. Taskbar says I'm hitting 97% or higher RAM and I have no idea how that's possible. Granted I only have 8GBs on this laptop but only 6 toons with everything turned off and frame limiting shouldn't take it to that level, especially since I was running all 6 and tabbing out to look through multiple pages of Alla's info while playing with no issues. I haven't changed anything, just started happening after the latest patch.

I can't even get 6 toons in at a time now. Just freezes and crashes. I've tried every trouble shooting method that I know of and reinstalled DX9 twice. It's becoming quite frustrating. It's literally bogging down my laptop and slowing it to a crawl, sometimes with just 3 toons loaded. Taskbar says I'm hitting 97% or higher RAM and I have no idea how that's possible. Granted I only have 8GBs on this laptop but only 6 toons with everything turned off and frame limiting shouldn't take it to that level, especially since I was running all 6 and tabbing out to look through multiple pages of Alla's info while playing with no issues. I haven't changed anything, just started happening after the latest patch.
did you try doing the thing where you are only using old UI stuff and none of the new ui stuff?

I used that to revert and it worked but only for my white inventory screen and the windows selector bar. If I go to an NPC merchant or a seller in the baz and try to buy anything then the buy window is white so you can't see how many or even the button to buy.

Tried buying thru parcel and same thing - no way to see how many or to finalize the purchase.

I'm having similar issues - after 5-20 minutes, memory spikes system to 100%, usually resulting in crashes sometime after (but system unusable at that point). EQ seizes up.

Have tried most things I've seen on both forums; Dx9, EQ Validate, Custom UI solutions in links above, etc. Nothing helped yet.

Will keep experimenting.

I was also having the problem where memory usage went through the roof. I tried the old UI change but that didn't help.
I noticed that it was the processes that were in the background that were using all the memory so I tabbed to one that had high usage and the memory usage went down for that process.
I then turned off the frame limiter and the problem went away!
My frame limiter settings were "Enable frame limiting when in background" checked and "Render game scene" unchecked.
I'm going to experiment with enabling with a low FPS but thought I'd post my initial findings in case it helps someone else.

Edit:
I've done some playing around and found that I can enable the frame limiter but I need to set it to render the game scene and have the target fps set to at least 1. Over time, the process memory usage dropped down to just over 300mb.

Note that I play on the test server. Here are the settings that work for me..

1684547423313.png

Last edited:
turning off the MQ frame rate limiting allowed me to get all toon online in one shot and so far noone has been kicked. I'll try those settings and see if it can cut down on some of the lag. It isn't bad, but not as smooth as it was previously when the frame rate limiter was running.

EDIT: THANK YOU RUDMUD!!

Well, they've made this pretty unplayable for people who box multiple toons. I tried reverting to old UI, and messing with the frame limiter, nothing stops my comp from completely freezing anytime toons zone.

Anyone found any other workarounds?

Ever since the last patch, whenever I zone 18ish characters at the same time, my computer freezes up/ and I have to restart it. I reinstalled windows and started from the beginning. After I reinstalled windows, I tried again, and it did the same thing. I even loaded the default UI and tested it. I have 54 characters and before the patch I did not have this problem. Is anyone else having this problem?

Problem - 5/17 Crashes Recent Patch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back