• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - 3060, 3060ti, 3070 (1 Viewer)

RedCents
333¢
I am looking at getting a new system mine is about 10 years old. I run 6 accounts. I want a system that will run it no lag. I have best internet and gaming router. The systems I’m looking at are all fairly similar seems the graphic card is the big price difference. All three are way better than my nvidia 800 series

I have read the comparison seems weakest to strongest is 3060, 3060ti and 3070 . 3060 has more onboard ddr 12gig vs 8gig on other two. But reviewers seem to feel the 3060 is significantly weaker because of memory interface weakness. It’s all fairly Greek to me. My question is with running 6 accounts would all three be ok? Or is it worth the extra about 500 for the best one? Looking for an informed opinion I just do not understand the tech.

Pretty sure either 3 would run 6 just fine, believe when I built new computer about 3ish months back I went with a 1050, and run upwards of 18 accounts without any issue. EQ is more memory intensive than Video intensive from what I have gathered so up your memory as much as possible and get a decently good video card and you should be just fine.

Pretty sure either 3 would run 6 just fine, believe when I built new computer about 3ish months back I went with a 1050, and run upwards of 18 accounts without any issue. EQ is more memory intensive than Video intensive from what I have gathered so up your memory as much as possible and get a decently good video card and you should be just fine.
Thank you, these 3 machines either have 16 or 32 gig. So I’m thinking that should be ok.

Check and see what the max memory per slot can hold and plan to replace the memory sticks at a later time when time and financials work out for you. Grab the system that offers the highest memory per slot.

16 or 32 should run 6 accounts just fine, but this place is like pringles once you pop you can't or won't stop your 6 will be 8 to 12 to +50 before too long lol. So grab the system that offers the best upgrade path. MY new system has 64gigs I believe with 4 sticks of 16gig, but is able to support up to 32gig sticks so I can upgrade to 128gigs anytime I want or need to. But at the 64gigs I have not seen much issues with game play or lag.

Check and see what the max memory per slot can hold and plan to replace the memory sticks at a later time when time and financials work out for you. Grab the system that offers the highest memory per slot.

16 or 32 should run 6 accounts just fine, but this place is like pringles once you pop you can't or won't stop your 6 will be 8 to 12 to +50 before too long lol. So grab the system that offers the best upgrade path. MY new system has 64gigs I believe with 4 sticks of 16gig, but is able to support up to 32gig sticks so I can upgrade to 128gigs anytime I want or need to. But at the 64gigs I have not seen much issues with game play or lag.
Thank you

I have the Ryzen 5 3600 with a 3060 and run 12 ish accounts flawlessly. I did upgrade my ram to 48gb, as I plan to run more accounts in the future. This is my 2nd computer that I run. My other one has the same processor and ram, but only an rx580 card and it runs 30 accounts with zero issues.

The GPU really makes no difference since EQ is a DirectX 9 game and all the modern GPUs are focused on DX12 acceleration. I upgraded from a 970 to 1070 and saw no difference in GL lag. Jumping from a i7 8700 to R5 5600X, however, made a big difference.

Could you go into more detail about why the chip improved your system over the i7 8700? I have that chip and would consider upgrading if it’s worth it. Thx

The older graphics engine of EQ doesnt need a super high priced video card, i bought a radeon RX 5700 to upgrade my system a year or two ago and it did nothing to help, your limited by your worst component. At the time i had 32 gig DDR3 which was still plenty. It was the processor that was my choke point, I built a computer 6 months ago kept the RX 5700, Did a ryzen 5 5600x (best gaming chip for the money) 16 gig of matched ram for the 5600, updated motherboard with a Gen 4 NVMe SSD hard drive. Runs like a raped ape BTW. 135-150 FPS in more up to date games. with the cost of video cards insane right now you could build a badass computer and keep that video card and run pretty much lag free. I would wait till prices come down or pickup a video card thats a descent upgrade to what you have now but not wasting $900+ on a card that should cost $300'. hope this helps. Was playing rust earlier 137.5

https://www.newegg.com/powercolor-r...5700&cm_re=radeon_5700-_-14-131-749-_-Product I
bought this same card in October 0f 2019 for $325.00

A side note I like to build my own computers but for some reason you can buy a prebuilt with a good GPU for less than the cost of that GPU on its own, something to consider

Last edited:
Thank you so much for all the feed back. I went with the ryzen 5 5600x, 3060, 32gig ddr4 ram, when i set up new system, if i want to run old system for another alt or two, do i need a second Redguides account? if i log both on it will show 2 ip's right?

Question - 3060, 3060ti, 3070

Users who are viewing this thread

Back