• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - 3 Mages or 2 Mages and 1 Necro (1 Viewer)

RedCents
174¢
Hey guys not sure what would be better. Tank,SHM, BRD, Mages x3
Or same thing but 2Mages and add a Necro. I do want to raid with group. Let me know what u guys think plz.

Throw a necro in there since you plan to raid with em. They do good on longer fights and always top the parses in raids.

Hey guys not sure what would be better. Tank,SHM, BRD, Mages x3
Or same thing but 2Mages and add a Necro. I do want to raid with group. Let me know what u guys think plz.
3 of any class is overkill (and you're missing some things) for 1 group, imo
2 is often overkill but can be ok

2 mag, 1 nec = good (have extra rez)
2 mag, 1 bst = good
1 mag, 1 bst, 1 nec = great

3 of any class is overkill (and you're missing some things) for 1 group, imo
2 is often overkill but can be ok

2 mag, 1 nec = good (have extra rez)
2 mag, 1 bst = good
1 mag, 1 bst, 1 nec = great
Ok so 1 mage. 1 necro and a bst. Should I change BRD then for Ench which I have lvl 125 alrdy?

on my caster group i got SK, sham, mage, mage, ench, bst. I didn't even reallly plan on this but was just kinda of the classes i had sitting around. Yeah i think anything over 2 mages is a bit too much, however, mages unlike some other classes seem to have a bit of multiplicative effect for themselves, in that the more pets you have the more dps you do and youll have more mage synergies, but i would not go over 2 of any class either, unless it was just for the luls or i was realy obsessed with a particular class. Necro synergy is pretty nice. If i was patient enough i would consider rerolling a necro for a mage though it also depends on what maybe you want the group for, it might be better to have another caster like a mage over a necro if you wanted to keep the kill rate faster.

I alrdy have 2 of them. with 2 zerker group and with 2 rogue group. ALso just made 2 rangers. Thinking of doiing Tank,SHM, Monk, RNG, BRD and probably rogue as well maybe BST instead of Rogue?

on my caster group i got SK, sham, mage, mage, ench, bst. I didn't even reallly plan on this but was just kinda of the classes i had sitting around. Yeah i think anything over 2 mages is a bit too much, however, mages unlike some other classes seem to have a bit of multiplicative effect for themselves, in that the more pets you have the more dps you do and youll have more mage synergies, but i would not go over 2 of any class either, unless it was just for the luls or i was realy obsessed with a particular class. Necro synergy is pretty nice. If i was patient enough i would consider rerolling a necro for a mage though it also depends on what maybe you want the group for, it might be better to have another caster like a mage over a necro if you wanted to keep the kill rate faster.
MAG, NEC, BST and SHM,BRD, SK probably

Do mages need more mana regen to keep good DPS with a bard already in group? I know wizards run out even with bard and bst.
group and focus para do mana, hp and end, and my wizards never run oom, my mages will if im going hard (normally when in hunter tank). It just a reason to bring them.. the fero with the pets and the monster burns are the big parts... sadly, most group named dont last enough for a bst to get full burns on, but they can be sick..

group and focus para do mana, hp and end, and my wizards never run oom, my mages will if im going hard (normally when in hunter tank). It just a reason to bring them.. the fero with the pets and the monster burns are the big parts... sadly, most group named dont last enough for a bst to get full burns on, but they can be sick..
That's great to know. I run BST I my melee dps. Didn't know so great in a pet group. Thanks

Question - 3 Mages or 2 Mages and 1 Necro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back