• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - 2nd Noob Question (1 Viewer)

RedCents
170¢
Hi All and thanks:)

Is there a setting that helps increase the chances of attacking (while pulling) when you are pulling as a melee. I run at them and 25% of the time I actually hit them before they move to far away. Its as if the program is thinking a lot while trying to track something down...it almost always gets out of range before a melee attack occurs.

Thank you,

my settings are...

KissAssistVer=8.2.1
Role=PullerTank
CampRadius=30
CampRadiusExceed=1000
ReturnToCamp=1
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=1
MedOn=1
MedStart=75

[Melee]
AssistAt=100
MeleeOn=1
FaceMobOn=0
MeleeDistance=75
StickHow=snaproll
AutoFireOn=0

[Pull]
PullWith=Melee
MaxRadius=100
MaxZRange=150
PullWait=0
PullRoleToggle=0
ChainPull=0
ChainPullHP=90
ChainPullPause=30|2

Hi,

Dwarf Warrior. I wish I could pull with taunt as im guessing it might let me grab the critter quicker then the bot trying to get everything 'just right' before taking a melee swing at it.

- - - Updated - - -

The biggest problem is that I just wont disengage. It does everything right, fails to swing and hit the critter and then just endlessly watching him run around the map. It should let it go, run back to camp and find something newer nearby.

how can we get closer to the mob when pulling, let's say archery or throw stone is not an option?
Is there a way to set in the chars ini file to /stick 5 when doing the pull process?
It's just simply too far away, on every melee class I have tried.

UPDATE:

It appears that it is moving close enough for melee range, but it's taking too long to turn attack on, so the mob wanders off.
This get repeated until it returns to camp due to range distance from camp.

Rich (BB code):
[General]
KissAssistVer=8.4.2
Role=Assist
CampRadius=30
CampRadiusExceed=600
ReturnToCamp=1
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=5
MedOn=1
MedStart=25
MedCombat=0
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=1
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=1
EQBCOn=0
IRCOn=0
MiscGem=8
HoTTOn=1
CampfireOn=0
[SpellSet]
LoadSpellSet=0
SpellSetName=KissAssist
[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
Buffs1=Courage
Buffs2=Holy Armor
Buffs3=NULL
Buffs4=NULL
Buffs5=NULL
Buffs6=NULL
Buffs7=NULL
Buffs8=NULL
Buffs9=NULL
Buffs10=NULL
Buffs11=NULL
Buffs12=NULL
Buffs13=NULL
Buffs14=NULL
Buffs15=NULL
Buffs16=NULL
Buffs17=NULL
Buffs18=NULL
Buffs19=NULL
Buffs20=NULL
RebuffOn=1
CheckBuffsTimer=20
[Melee]
AssistAt=95
MeleeOn=1
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=75
StickHow=snaproll
AutoFireOn=0
[GoM]
GoMSHelp=Format - Spell|Target, MA Me or Mob, i.e. Rampaging Servant Rk. II|Mob
GoMSpell1=NULL
GoMSpell2=NULL
[AE]
AEOn=0
AERadius=50
AE1=NULL
AE2=NULL
AE3=NULL
AE4=NULL
AE5=NULL
[DPS]
DPSOn=1
DPSSkip=20
DPSInterval=2
DPS1=Yaulp|95
DPS2=NULL
DPS3=NULL
DPS4=NULL
DPS5=NULL
DPS6=NULL
DPS7=NULL
DPS8=NULL
DPS9=NULL
DPS10=NULL
DPS11=NULL
DPS12=NULL
DPS13=NULL
DPS14=NULL
DPS15=NULL
[Aggro]
AggroOn=1
Aggro1=Flash of Light
Aggro2=NULL
Aggro3=NULL
[Heals]
Help=Format Spell|% to heal at i.e. Devout Light Rk. II|50
HealsOn=0
Heals1=Light Healing|80|!MA
Heals2=Light Healing|40|MA
Heals3=NULL
Heals4=NULL
Heals5=NULL
Heals6=NULL
Heals7=NULL
Heals8=NULL
Heals9=NULL
Heals10=NULL
Heals11=NULL
Heals12=NULL
Heals13=NULL
Heals14=NULL
Heals15=NULL
XTarHeal=0
AutoRezOn=0
AutoRezWith=Your Rez Item/AA/Spell
[Cures]
CuresOn=0
Cures1=NULL
Cures2=NULL
Cures3=NULL
Cures4=NULL
Cures5=NULL
[Burn]
BurnText=Decepticons Attack
BurnAllNamed=0
Burn1=NULL
Burn2=NULL
Burn3=NULL
Burn4=NULL
Burn5=NULL
Burn6=NULL
Burn7=NULL
Burn8=NULL
Burn9=NULL
Burn10=NULL
Burn11=NULL
Burn12=NULL
Burn13=NULL
Burn14=NULL
Burn15=NULL
[Pull]
PullWith=Melee
MaxRadius=350
MaxZRange=50
PullWait=5
PullRoleToggle=0
ChainPull=0
ChainPullHP=90
ChainPullPause=30|2
[AFKTools]
AFKHelp=AFKGMAction=0 Off, 1 Pause Macro, 2 End Macro, 3 Unload MQ2, 4 Quit Game
AFKToolsOn=0
AFKGMAction=1
AFKPCRadius=150
CampOnDeath=0
ClickBacktoCamp=0
[Merc]
Help=To use: Turn off Auto Assist in Manage Mercenary Window
MercOn=0
MercAssistAt=92

Last edited:
run faster? problem with toons that want to punch a mob as it walk around is it walks faster then you, if you cannot get innate run speed then it will out walk you! So you must use range to pull, even if its throw stones!

- - - Updated - - -

every warrior I have pulls with a bow, for a few reasons, but MOSTLY because the war can shoot from 200 and the mob chases him back to camp, he generally does not take damage on the return so the cleric does not draw heal agro and the whole kill goes smooth. Sometimes learning how to be more efficient means being prepared... yes until you get the huntsman quiver arrows can be an issue... but trust me, long term, a warrior pulling with a bow makes for a smoother mq2 experience!

- - - Updated - - -

In Level 2 access (subscribers) you get access to all kinds of cool stuff like pull guides, what gear to get, where to farm, you should consider subscribing to get access to that information.

If that's a cleric, use Dispel/Cancel Magic to pull? If it's a pally, use a stun?

Pulling with "Melee" isn't using autoattack to pull, it's just running into melee range and letting the mob aggro you. Using "Melee" won't work in areas that you're not KoS, which it sounds like is what is happening with your situation. Put in a spell to pull with, and it should work fine.

I thought melee was basically punch or slap... or in the case of my lowbie its a limp wristed bitch slap with a screaming of "help me help me" as he runs away to the clerics arms...

Laughter is all fine and dandy...

But if the pally is too low level to have a stun yet, and the bow bug get's annoying..
(bow bug) if the mob is too close to use a ranged weapon, it puts the bow away... then watches the mob walk away.. then stay out there forever watching the mob walk around..

On a non moving mob, it will walk up within range, turn attack on, then run the mob back to camp.

So the only issue here is that it will not attack a non moving non aggro mob.

I made a macro that does /stick 5... so when i go to pull.. he actually goes up and "slaps" the mob.
So since it CAN be done, I was asking how..
Glad ya all got your kicks turning a valid question into your humor.

Thanks for being less than helpful.. nice..

Last edited:
I was actually very helpful, you just need to read.... don't pull with melee... find another way, use a spell or an item, or a bow, never seen this bow bug you speak of, if the mob is that close the tank goes into full on tank mode at my camps... so yeah was being helpful and having a laugh at the same time, deal with it... its a fun game

- - - Updated - - -

see your complaint has no legs, so to speak, if the mob is out walking you then he will quickly be in bow range, problem solves itself... use a bow...

- - - Updated - - -

it just feels like no matter what! you want to pull with melee and not use arrows, fine, use a spell, or use an item like Mysterious Belt of Daggers unless you are on a TLP server and if that's the case I am done with this thread

so even though it can be done with a setting somewhere </stick 5>.. we turn to the pink elephant method.

Pally to low level to have stun yet.

Ranged attack bugs (fully read above this time?)

It's all good... i will find a fix for why it will turn attack on a stationary non aggro mob during the pull process but not a moving one.

I've never seen any of my toons use auto-attack to pull a mob while using KA, which is why I said it's just getting in melee range and aggro'ing mobs. If it actually does auto-attack, then I'm not sure what's the difference that's keeping my toons from attacking to pull.

Either way, your best bet is to use any detrimental spell to pull. A level 1 nuke, a stun, dispel. Anything. If melee isn't working to pull, use something that will, and will keep you far enough from the mob to not be taking damage on way back to camp.

- - - Updated - - -

The pull distance is handle by the mac itself, not any ini entries, so you're going to have to either edit the pull routine in the macro itself, which could result in other bugs appearing, or figuring out a downshit to attack the mob properly if you're on puller role and are within x distance and have a valid target.

Yeah i dont have any aggro spells at this point yet.. im just trying to figure out why it will work on a non moving mob and not on a moving mob.
Was thinking that perhaps kiss was enhanced enough to deal with this bug within a setting file or maybe an additional downloaded macro.

the biggest problem you will have is that if the tank comes in WOUNDED then the healer will heal him and the mob will agro to the healer and the group could wipe, but you go on and give your slappiness a try, we are all trying to help you do it the right way.

Look, sometimes you bring in a question and you don't get the answer you think you should have gotten, this is called learning... We are not misleading you, we are all telling you that you need to pull from a distance and get your ass back to the group to kill whatever... If you want to be difficult then I bet you will be quite frustrated with the level of help you get. Yes I made a joke along with my help, but to be fair, I tried melee only pulling and my joke is actually pretty accurate as to the outcome.

- - - Updated - - -

if you are THAT low level and I hope it is not TLP then have your group /stick 5 to your tank and set kiss to hunter mode....

- - - Updated - - -

Or just pull with the healer, he is gonna get the agro anyway when he heals the busted ass tank on his return from his /slapstick 5... we are all trying to tell you, avoid getting hit on pull! It may not matter at level 3 but at level 103 it matters

- - - Updated - - -

FYI Turning STICK on means you won't return to camp, think through your logic on what you expect to have happen.... the best outcome is that the mob dies, you take zero damage and he drops a million plat....

- - - Updated - - -

Laughter is all fine and dandy...

But if the pally is too low level to have a stun yet, and the bow bug get's annoying..
(bow bug) if the mob is too close to use a ranged weapon, it puts the bow away... then watches the mob walk away.. then stay out there forever watching the mob walk around..

On a non moving mob, it will walk up within range, turn attack on, then run the mob back to camp.

So the only issue here is that it will not attack a non moving non aggro mob.

I made a macro that does /stick 5... so when i go to pull.. he actually goes up and "slaps" the mob.
So since it CAN be done, I was asking how..
Glad ya all got your kicks turning a valid question into your humor.

Thanks for being less than helpful.. nice..

no such thing as this bow bug you speak of, again think through the logic, kiss stops at bow range, say 200 and fires an arrow, there is never an instance where he chases a mob and gets too close to use the bow when running kiss, you stated camp radius 30, if the mobs are spawning too close to you then adjust your radius or move your start point...

Yeah i dont have any aggro spells at this point yet.. im just trying to figure out why it will work on a non moving mob and not on a moving mob.
Was thinking that perhaps kiss was enhanced enough to deal with this bug within a setting file or maybe an additional downloaded macro.
It des "work" on moving mobs, but as Raz said, they technically walk faster than you. As your toon moves up to within melee range, it stop, then turns on attack. Your attack has a minor delay inherent in game before you actually swing. The roaming/moving mob has most times moved out of your melee range without getting hit so it does not agro. Your toon will turn off melee, move up to mob, and try again...now you not only have the inherent game delay, your dealing with weapon delay as well. EVENTUALLY the timing will work right and you will hit the mob (not sure if a swing and a miss would draw agro..if not there's ANOTHER small issue), get agro and are able to pull it back to camp...
On non-moving mobs, you walk up, stop, attack...mob does not move out of melee range while you wait for your attack to go off, therfore you agro mob, and can pull back to camp...

Ranged spells/items give you grace in that the distance in which you have to use it is much greater than with melee, so it works much better.

You wont get much better results manually pulling with melee than you do using KA other than the fact that you wouldn't turn off melee between trys, you would just keep trying to stay within range till it hits...

Question - 2nd Noob Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back