• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - 1H or 2H for SK Tank While Levelling (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

allandallis235

RedCents
965¢
Howdy folks!

I've leveled a few groups now, using SKs as my tank and have always used sword and board.

Looking for some feedback, during levelling, is your SK tank 1h or 2h?
Are there some levels that lend better to either option?
Is it sword and board with red/yellow/white/high dark blue, and 2h for the rest?

when tanking current expansion, equal or higher con mobs, or when pulling groups of mobs that are dark blue I use sword and board. It helps to have the healing proc sword and rune casting shield. The only time I'll use 2h during current expansion is if I know its single mobs and I have a great healer.

2h is used if I'm doing mobs from a previous expansion.

I don't run an SK, but I'd imagine sword and board for levelling since gear is likely to be lacking, then 2H almost exclusively afterward? least, that's what I tend to see folk doing

My sk epeen only needs 1 hand...really one finger to hold it but yea sword and board. I always forget I have 2h except when I click epic or am reduced to dps in group and want to feel like I am doing something.

I just use both and use bandoliers to switch as needed. Sword and board is used during first time in a new area just to be safe and I switch to 2 hander as I get more confident and understand the zone, the hotkeys also let me switch back to sword and board in "oh shit" situations.

I just use both and use bandoliers to switch as needed. Sword and board is used during first time in a new area just to be safe and I switch to 2 hander as I get more confident and understand the zone, the hotkeys also let me switch back to sword and board in "oh shit" situations.
I meant I do this, as well.

Howdy folks!

I've leveled a few groups now, using SKs as my tank and have always used sword and board.

Looking for some feedback, during levelling, is your SK tank 1h or 2h?
Are there some levels that lend better to either option?
Is it sword and board with red/yellow/white/high dark blue, and 2h for the rest?
Depends on your crew...i always have enc + cleric w/ shadowknight so healing has never been an issue. I go 2hs for dps

Question - 1H or 2H for SK Tank While Levelling
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back