• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - 13yr Out of Date Player Returning to Norath (1 Viewer)

Draknocht

Invisible Gold Star
RedCents
712¢
Have come back to EQ and looking to Box. I am 13yrs out of date on the game (am probably well beyond my expiry date :dance:) so am having to relearn the game from scratch but is coming back slowly. I would like to know what updates thru all the years that was Old School MQ2 to what is now the Kissassit/current MQ2. Is this also the same group of devs from the original MQ2 that was around back before Daybreak.. I am looking forward to running cross zones while sleeping in my chair and waking to find i died to train or wiped a group from the train that ensued :lol:

Have come back to EQ and looking to Box. I am 13yrs out of date on the game (am probably well beyond my expiry date :dance:) so am having to relearn the game from scratch but is coming back slowly. I would like to know what updates thru all the years that was Old School MQ2 to what is now the Kissassit/current MQ2. Is this also the same group of devs from the original MQ2 that was around back before Daybreak.. I am looking forward to running cross zones while sleeping in my chair and waking to find i died to train or wiped a group from the train that ensued :lol:
Welcome back!

the changes in the last 13 years are unreal, both as far as mq2 and eq go.

best bet is to dive in with an open mind!

Welcome back @Draknocht.

Many changes in 13 years. Kissassist still running, actually v12 on beta testing which is pretty good. But you have also a lot more ways to run your toons with macro : kiss, xgen, RGmercs, and more but you can also drive them using cwtn plugins.

But don't worry, you can still:
I am looking forward to running cross zones while sleeping in my chair and waking to find i died to train or wiped a group from the train that ensued

The thing I learnt recently is not to neglect Mercenary and Partisan quests as you level up (and hunter), as well as collections. The achievements yiou get from completing these quests play a pretty important part in the game (e.g. unlocking some of the best items in game), as well as short term benefits like bags etc.

Enjoy!

Welcome!
Kissassist is still a thing, then you have CWTN plugins or RGmercs also (minimal ini configurations). Browse through the forums and you find lots of stuff worth trying out. I can recommend looking at videos of some of the newer stuff!

Cya ingame...
(Hello, are you here or are you afk?)

Thanks All,

What I was meaning was the Original MQ2 relied on DLing and compiling. This is long before RedGuides and Kissassist (never heard of them til coming back). the old MQ2 had features that were shall we say a darkside of the program and resulted in many getting banned after the Devs were hired by SOE to detect this part. Or so that is what i was told by people who still played after I left the game and took over my accounts (yes, I am the 1st gen of the family and the 2nd gen continued playing and still plays today). Original MQ2 was also free and paid by Donations. from what I am seeing Kissassist is pretty much all plug and play, DL, run, and set up the macros, which I like. The fee for DLing is just a 1x requirement or a monthly? I'm old and just want to mash keys again and watch things blow up, no programing or compiling anymore, i.e. less time on the logistics and more time playing.. Maybe I see you all in game, and if you see someone running across zone carelessly wandering... hide as a train probably will ensue shortly.

Thanks All,

What I was meaning was the Original MQ2 relied on DLing and compiling. This is long before RedGuides and Kissassist (never heard of them til coming back). the old MQ2 had features that were shall we say a darkside of the program and resulted in many getting banned after the Devs were hired by SOE to detect this part. Or so that is what i was told by people who still played after I left the game and took over my accounts (yes, I am the 1st gen of the family and the 2nd gen continued playing and still plays today). Original MQ2 was also free and paid by Donations. from what I am seeing Kissassist is pretty much all plug and play, DL, run, and set up the macros, which I like. The fee for DLing is just a 1x requirement or a monthly? I'm old and just want to mash keys again and watch things blow up, no programing or compiling anymore, i.e. less time on the logistics and more time playing.. Maybe I see you all in game, and if you see someone running across zone carelessly wandering... hide as a train probably will ensue shortly.
well RedGuide's is the "Very Vanilla" compile of mq2 - we have a "vanilla" compilation of mq2- no active "darkside" stuff --- rg does the build and compile with the macroquest2 build + any of the RG specific plugins/macros/stuff. RG lvl 2 is a monthly subscription, but there are several ways to keep an active lvl 2 subscription.

EQ usually has a patch once a month, and when that patch happens mq2 needs to be rebuilt, and thus RedGuide's gets a rebuild.

One of the best parts of RG is the community. There is a ton of experience and support available here, and for the most part we try and actively avoid any toxic/shitty stuff where folks can ask questions and not feel like they're going to be told they're an idiot - of course the is the internet, however.

RG Gitlab has a setup if you wanted to self-compile - but with the nature of mq2 in its current form, you can only do that for test server and wouldn't be able to self compile for live server - there is a middle ground if you wanted to use the macroquest2 builder from macroquest2.com, but with RG we have a whole RG launcher application where you can keep everythign all up to date.

you can even "watch" macros that aren't natively part of the VV compile, and automatically download them when updates happen. It is awesome

1607054804929.png

Thanks @Sic

The Monthly updates and the rebuilds is what i remember the most about MQ2, and I like the idea this is looking more and more my speed now.

Can you point me to the ways of maintaining LV2.

BTW I do recognize you from the old days, but i just not put my finger on it yet... or you have a doppelganger

Thanks again

Thanks @Sic

The Monthly updates and the rebuilds is what i remember the most about MQ2, and I like the idea this is looking more and more my speed now.

Can you point me to the ways of maintaining LV2.

BTW I do recognize you from the old days, but i just not put my finger on it yet... or you have a doppelganger

Thanks again
you can pay for monthly sub via monthly, quarterly, yearly dollaz etc > Here <
you can also get your lvl 2 via redcents > Here < (and you can buy redcents or earn them via various methods as explained > Here <)

Question - 13yr Out of Date Player Returning to Norath

Users who are viewing this thread

Back