• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strategy - 114 to 115? (1 Viewer)

iamin402

RedCents
222¢
Looking for a path forward to 115 after finishing all TOV progression. currently my group is all 114. What should i do next to get to 115 and move to TOL?

Looking for a path forward to 115 after finishing all TOV progression. currently my group is all 114. What should i do next to get to 115 and move to TOL?
It really depends on your group makeup. You can do a lot of leveling on mobs/quests in COV. You can do a lot of leveling on TOV mobs at 15m hp. It will likely be harder to do much in TOL since the mobs there sit around 45-60m HP. That said you could start some of the TOL progression if you wanted to though it would limit your ability to use that progression towards leveling to 120 as well.

Something you might consider as an alternative is some of the collection items unless you were saving those for the push from 118 to 120.

Make sure you are doing overseer. Best XP per time spent.

After that start on the next expansion if you can handle it. If not keep cycling missions for group coin. Spend the coin on type 5 augs.

Griklor + Velks missions are both excellent AA for a fairly short mission.

Make sure you are doing overseer. Best XP per time spent.

After that start on the next expansion if you can handle it. If not keep cycling missions for group coin. Spend the coin on type 5 augs.

Griklor + Velks missions are both excellent AA for a fairly short mission.
And to add to that, do Storm Boars while you're in EW. 23 easy AA's

Then he shouldn't be at 114, He should be 115 with a lot of xp buffer.
Unfortunately, you do not dictate or control what someone does or how they play a game. He finished the progression already and was short of 115. While we all know to level to 113.5 AND THEN do ToV Progression, he did not get the memo.

Instead of making a blanket all-around statement, think instead about helping find a solution with the parameters given.

Unfortunately, you do not dictate or control what someone does or how they play a game. He finished the progression already and was short of 115. While we all know to level to 113.5 AND THEN do ToV Progression, he did not get the memo.

Instead of making a blanket all-around statement, think instead about helping find a solution with the parameters given.
I am helping :). Progression can be just the first 4 hero missions to some, is this the case? with FULL PROGRESSION he/she should still get 115 with a lot of xp buffer. And that's with scratching out the xp bonus days we had in the last 2 months ;).

Bonus Help: First mission in ToL should get you 115 at ease.

is it only ToV group missions who give a big chunk of exp upon completion the first time? like 40% at lvl 110. Or did that continue with newer expansions group missions?

ToL Hero and Paragon gives exp, too.

Merc+Partisan achievements in ToV and ToL give lots of exp, too. 10% per Partisan ach. and 5% per merc ach.

Just an update im 119 now im done with TOL progression and working on NOS did a mission gave 2% is it best to just grind the last level out? Or keep at progression?
I basically did Grind after I did all of the ToL progression. Safer, less hassle and NoS wasn't out then.

Just an update im 119 now im done with TOL progression and working on NOS did a mission gave 2% is it best to just grind the last level out? Or keep at progression?

Daily LOTD and a potion or two may be your best friend if you want to speed things up.

Then there's always overseers. Could focus on AA's and let those carry you home for the win.

Last edited:

That is a really tough call.

The best returns for the time invested is normally: Overseer = real XP , grind missions/kills for AA's.

Some of napkin math I did last year ( I'm kind of vague on actual numbers now but this should be close... )
- Overseer = 5%-10% /day for being logged in 2-3 times a day.
- Grinding mobs = 100 AA/hr or 5% real XP an hour.

Those numbers for grinding mobs varies widely based on your gear, AA, group synergy, boxing skill.

Since you are working your way up though the ranks, I'd suspect you are not max AA and your grind rate will be lower, making your XP/hr grinding worse.

If you are close to 120, and/or expect to get major DPS bump from gear then it makes sense to go ahead and push to get the level.

If you are at the bottom of 119 and have ~ 20 hr grind for 120 ... not so much.

Strategy - 114 to 115?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back