• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
(YALM) Yet Another Loot Manager

Work in Progress (YALM) Yet Another Loot Manager 0.12.7

Download now:  Join us with Level 2 access or earn your way in with  RedCents.
Other Authors
SpecialEd for Lootly, aquiteone for randomly stolen code, Sic, Knightly
Software Requirements
MQ2Dannet
Server Type
🏢 Live TLP Test

2023 ESA Winner
This document is a work in progress.

Even though this is marked as Work in Progress, I have taken 3 separate groups to level 50 in order to squash out any pesky bugs and refine it as much as I can. I've also ran it in a level 120 MQ2Grind group.

There are several example configurations in the config directory.

Why YALM?
While Lootly is certainly useful over the other tools available, it is very limited in ability. Each item has to be added individually with a specific setting. This has led to people creating loot file generators and swapping out loot files based off the group or activity.

This is way too limiting. I wanted something where I could create functional rules based off conditions and have them set on a per character basis. I also wanted to be able to create other commands to interact with items and have other item settings. Thus, Yet Another Loot Manager (YALM) was born.

Benefits
  • YALM is extensible. Almost everything can be changed or added to.
  • YALM works off function rules. Whereas Lootly has a setting, quantity, and a class list that is hardcoded, YALM talks it a step further and these things can be functions.
  • YALM configuration is based off sets. A set can be made up of several conditions (functions) with preferences which can also be functions. A set can also be made up of specific items and preferences similar to the Lootly_Loot.ini file. A character configuration can have multiple sets.
  • Coming soon: A fully featured UI for configuration.
Limitations
There is one limitation and that is due to how the advanced loot window works. The game does not make an item object accessible in this window, so in order for YALM to work, I had to create an SQLite database of the item data dump. This means that the item object passed to a loot condition is not the same as after you loot. So, any command that is ran (sell, destroy, buy, etc.) will have an actual MQ2 Item object while during looting it is a database object.

I've created an Item object where I've tried to emulate MQ2ItemType as much as possible. However, any property that links to another MQ2 type will not be present.

YALM.Lua Configuration

Settings
These can be present in both the main YALM.lua file and in the YALM/yalm-server-character.lua file. The character file settings take precedence.

SettingValueDefaultDescription
distribute_delayTime in milliseconds, seconds, or minutes."1s"Time to wait before processing the next item in the loot window.
frequencyTime in milliseconds, seconds, or minutes.250Time between processing cycles. You can increase or decrease this number depending on your CPU.
save_slotsNumber3Number of free inventory slots you want to keep.
unmatched_item_ruleSee Item PreferenceKeepPreference setting for items that do not match any rules.
dannet_delayTime in milliseconds, seconds, or minutes150Time to wait for dannet responses.
always_lootBooleantrueDetermines if an item should be looted even if it doesn't pass quantity and list preferences.

Default Configuration
Settings:
    ["settings"] = {
        ["distribute_delay"] = "1s",
        ["frequency"] = 250,
        ["save_slots"] = 3,
        ["unmatched_item_rule"] = {
            ["setting"] = "Keep",
        },
        ["unmatched_item_delay"] = "10s",
        ["dannet_delay"] = 150,
        ["always_loot"] = true,
    },

Preferences
These determine the actions YALM takes for a file. Lootly was restricted to Keep, Class, Sell, Destroy, Ignore. Yalm takes a slightly different approach. Any preference can do anything as it's up to the commands to determine what they mean. The only thing that does matter is the leave parameter which tells YALM to leave or loot an item.

nameStringMust be the same value as the preference keyThis is the name of the item preference.
leaveBooleanfalseDetermines if YALM will loot the item for this preference.

Default Configuration
Settings:
    ["preferences"] = {
      ["Keep"] = {
         ["name"] = "Keep",
      },
      ["Destroy"] = {
         ["name"] = "Destroy",
         ["leave"] = true,
      },
      ["Sell"] = {
         ["name"] = "Sell",
      },
      ["Buy"] = {
         ["name"] = "Buy",
      },
      ["Guild"] = {
         ["name"] = "Guild",
      },
      ["Ignore"] = {
         ["name"] = "Ignore",
         ["leave"] = true,
      },
    },

Commands
These are the commands that are made available to YALM. There are several built in ones, but you are able to create your own. Creating a custom command along with a custom item preference would allow you to recreate several different item management scripts using the power of YALM's function-based configurations.

nameStringMust be the same value as the preference keyThis is the name of the item preference.
triggerStringThe command to send to /yalm.
helpStringThe help string that will display in /yalm help.

Default Configuration
Settings:
    ["commands"] = {
      ["Convert"] = {
         ["trigger"] = "convert",
         ["help"] = "Convert Lootly loot file to YALM",
         ["name"] = "Convert",
      },
      ["SetItem"] = {
         ["trigger"] = "setitem",
         ["help"] = "Set loot preference for item on cursor or by name",
         ["name"] = "SetItem",
      },
      ["Sell"] = {
         ["trigger"] = "sell",
         ["help"] = "Sells designated items to the targeted merchant",
         ["name"] = "Sell",
      },
      ["Check"] = {
         ["trigger"] = "check",
         ["help"] = "Print loot preference for all items in inventory",
         ["name"] = "Check",
      },
      ["Buy"] = {
         ["trigger"] = "buy",
         ["help"] = "Buys designated items from the targeted merchant",
         ["name"] = "Buy",
      },
      ["Guild"] = {
         ["trigger"] = "guild",
         ["help"] = "Deposits designated items into the guild bank",
         ["name"] = "Guild",
      },
      ["Destroy"] = {
         ["trigger"] = "destroy",
         ["help"] = "Destroy any designated items in your bags",
         ["name"] = "Destroy",
      },
    },
Source Repository
https://github.com/MrKumaPants/yalm
[git] Automation options?
Yes
Author
fuddles
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 3 ratings

Share this resource

Latest updates

1. 0.12.7

〰️Commits PR # [4](https://github.com/MrKumaPants/yalm/pull/4): AugSlot1 and added...
  2. 0.12.6

Performance 🏎️ Performance improvement (46cef0a) ~Nathan Performance improvement (2f09706)...
  3. 0.12.3

〰️Commits Workaround for lore equip items returning wrong ID from advloot (75b13e5) ~Nathan

Latest reviews

Thank you for creating this incredible tool
I'm really loving the flexibility of YALM. If you've used other loot managers, it should feel comfortable right from the start if you want to continue using that classification structure on a per-item basis. But, being able to classify items more globally is where I can feel YALM taking managing loot to a whole new level. I've used it on some new character groups and it's awesome having it categorize all the items in random leveling areas that normally would not be in my file. I get excited every time I see a YALM update notification. Thank you, fuddles!
At first I thought YALM 'Yep Another Loot Manager', but I was mistaken. This script is awesome right out of the box. My first thought was having to set up every item to keep or ignore all over again. Even after using Lootly for a bit I had a small horded of items in the loot file. So being able to convert the lootly file is nice, but nothing compared the in game AdvLoot settings I have been tracking for years with check boxes to keep, ignore, greed and roll. Being able to convert the advloot settings in game is a huge bonus and grabbed my full attention. The technical options and abilities are there if take a little time to use them. Love the script. Thanks for the time and work put into the script. Can't wait for the GUI. :)
Back