• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Guide XGen HUD Help 101

Software Requirements
XGen Macros, MQ2Hud Plugin
Server Type
🏢 Live Test
So your having issues with your HUD. Lets see if any of these steps will fix it.

First step is the check and see if You network meter is active. This is EQ's built in HUD.

1595935323906.png

F11 is the Key that by default controls that. So If you do not see this in the top left corner of your screen Push F11. If pushing F11 does nothing, then you have most likely remapped that key to something else.
You will need to go into your EQ Options, Keys, UI and look for "Toggle netstat"

1595935342325.png

1595935355296.png

Once you see the Network meter. Try /cc loadhud. Remember some errors are normal like Hud Elements not loaded. All we care about is the Xgen Hud.

If you get a Unknown command when using /cc load hud. Verify the MQ2Hud Plugin is loaded. Type /plugin MQ2Hud load .
You should see this as a reply in the MQ2 Chat Window.

1595935373244.png

If it was not loaded and it just loaded, do a /cc loadhud again.

If you still do not see the Xgen Hud for your class. Lets go look at your MQ2Hud.ini file.

First thing to do is /plugin MQ2Hud unload

Then open your MQ directory / Release Folder.

Mine is this, yours will vary, depending on where you told the Red Guides launcher to put the folder.

1595935423995.png

Next Locate your mq2hud.ini file.

1595935435904.png

Notice there are 2 mq2hud files. We DO NOT touch the .dll file. we only want to work with the .ini file.

Go ahead and open it with a text editor.

Once in the file, you will see some data similar to this.
HUD Failure:
[MyToonName_MyServer]
Last=XGen-Zerker
SkipParse=10000
CheckINI=10
UpdateInBackground=on
ClassHUD=on
ZoneHUD=on

Look for the one that has your characters name and server located with in the Brackets.

Where it says Last=

You want to delete the data after that. So it only says Last=

HUD Failure:
[MyToonName_MyServer]
Last=
SkipParse=10000
CheckINI=10
UpdateInBackground=on
ClassHUD=on
ZoneHUD=on

Save the file.
Go back into EQ.
Type /plugin MQ2Hud load
1595935389854.png

once the plugin is loaded, type /cc loadhud

If all of the following does not fix your issues, send me a PM or reach me on Discord and I will try and assist you via remote connection. If you do not want to do that, we cant try streaming your screen to me, and i can try and help over that.

I hope this helps you with HUD issues.
Minimum Required Level
Author
Aipoc76
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this resource