• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
RedGuides Launcher

Utility RedGuides Launcher 1.0.94

Download now:  Join us with Level 2 access or earn your way in with  RedCents.
Other Authors
v1ndi, Sic, ChatWithThisName
Server Type
🏢 Live 🏘️ Emu TLP Test

What the heck is this thing?
A desktop app that manages software found on RedGuides, including: Very Vanilla (MacroQuest), MySEQ, KissAssist, Nav, plugins, macros, and many other resources. It handles all EverQuest server-types: Live, Test, and Emu.

Guide for new users:

skip to 1:07

Guide for existing users:

Instructions:
  1. Download and run the installer. (we recommend the default location)
  2. Login. Make sure your browser is open and logged in to RedGuides.com
  3. Click on the settings tab.
  4. Select a place to install Very Vanilla. If you already have it installed, select the location.
    1. Note: The location is the folder that MacroQuest.exe will be in. For example if your MacroQuest.exe is in D:\RedGuides\Release, this is the folder you should choose.
  5. Once the folders are set, go to the Very Vanilla tab, select the appropriate server type in the dropdown (if you're not sure, choose Live) and click install.
  6. The launcher is now ready to manage your Very Vanilla folder(s)!

• Plugins tab shows all plugins that are currently downloadable (you have appropriate access, and there is an actual file to be downloaded that is not an externally hosted file)
  • Macros require you to "Watch" the resource in the resource manager, like so:

launcher2dark.png

Known Issues:
  • Closing the browser window during auth, without first completing the auth process, will require the application to be restarted before authentication can complete succesfully
  • If there are EQ clients running that have not been issued an /unload command, then the app will not be able to update DLLs that are currently injected into those processes. Even if MQ is closed these DLLs will still remain locked. Either close out of all EQ clients, or issue a /unload in each client before attempting the update.
  • Still missing some progress indicators on some of the longer running processes.
  • Settings and user data, including last installed date for Very Vanilla and Resources, are currently preserved through an uninstall and reinstall of the application. A future version of the installer will allow this data to be removed.
  • If the launcher had worked before but is now crashing on startup, open file explorer and go to %LocalAppData%\RedGuides and delete the contents, and then %LocalAppData%\RGResourceManager and delete the contents.
  • If you are unable to log in via your browser, you should get a dialogue box that looks like this:

redguideslauncher_knxqqtwlto-png.22097

Paste the entire URL from the error web page into the box and click ok. This should allow the auth process to complete. You have to do this quickly (approximately 15 seconds). This isn't perfect but as of right now was the only workaround I could come up with.
Future Plans:
  • Add in support for managing 3rd party applications such as MySEQ
  • Add the ability to select and watch resources directly from within the app
  • Add the ability to rate or redcent resources from within the app
  • Embed an EQBCS module (if people actually want this)
Author
r1pt1de
First release
Last update
Rating
3.87 star(s) 30 ratings

Share this resource

Latest updates

1. addresses upcoming API changes

This release addresses upcoming changes to the RedGuides API. There should be no noticeable...
  2. MQ Emu

Will now properly handle the new MacroQuest for emulator, thanks to CWTN and Sic
  3. Naming

Naming changes for player safety concerns

Latest reviews

Thanks for the heads up on everything!
this this is garbage now days i can hardly get my plugins to load on the launcher and everything it so complex to install then you have to get it to work on the game if you can find the command and that is not even a sure thing
don't have much experience with it so far, but truly I'm impressed now!!💯😎👍🏻
just found out its going to take a few weeks for you to write the code to get this to work, i left 3 stars because i assume it works, you just need to learn to code to get it to work.
It's the future
Worked as advertised. Updating your "watched" plugins and macros is as easy as clicking the update button.
Downloaded the launcher and followed the video. Opened the MQ Folder and clicked on MacroQuest.exe and get an Error....

"The Program can't start because api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Tried reinstalling... same error....

Downloaded the missing dll and installed it into the release folder and get:

"Could not load MQ2Main.dll or one of its dependencies. MacroQuest will now exit."
I've been using RGVV since before the launcher and with how frequently everything is updated, the launcher is a very convenient way to keep everything rolling. It stays out of the way and is easy to use.
Downloaded the launcher and followed the video. Opened the MQ Folder and clicked on MacroQuest.exe and get an Error....

"The Program can't start because api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Tried reinstalling... same error....

Downloaded the missing dll and installed it into the release folder and get:

"Could not load MQ2Main.dll or one of its dependencies. MacroQuest will now exit."

Any help?
once installed, how do i turn it on in game? been months since i have played????