• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Unmaintained Legacy MacroQuest2 (Live Servers) 2022-01-19

Download now:  Join us with Level 2 access or earn your way in with  RedCents.
Other Authors
Plazmic, eqmule, brainiac, rswiders, Lax, ieatacid, dont_know_at_all, Amadeus
Server Type
🏢 Live TLP
There's a new version of this software, Very Vanilla MacroQuest! Please migrate to the new MacroQuest using our fancy migrator.

mq2.png

livedownload.png

Install & Update With The RedGuides Launcher

"Live server" works on: Antonius Bayle, Bertoxxulous, Bristlebane, Cazic-Thule, Drinal, Erollisi Marr, Firiona Vie, Luclin, Miragul, Povar, Ragefire, Rizlona, The Rathe, Tunare, Vox, Xegony, Zek
Does not work on: "Truebox" servers, such as Agnarr, Aradune, Corinav, Mangler, Mischief, or Thornblade (other tools such as MySEQ are available)

See also: Test Server version, Emulated Server version.​

Contents

What is Very Vanilla?
The RedGuides version of MacroQuest2, which is needed to run all plugins and macros you find on RedGuides.

What is MacroQuest2?
mq2.png

MacroQuest2 is free open source software that makes EverQuest more functional, bringing unique and modern MMORPG features to the classic game.

Is this allowed?
Very Vanilla only works on servers that allow multi-boxing, and does not contain game-breaking active hacks or cheats. While playing, please follow these guidelines to be a good representative of our community:
  • Stay at your keyboard.
  • Be considerate of other players.
While our goal is to make multiboxing software accepted by the entire EverQuest community, Darkpaw Games doesn't endorse any software but their own, and they have suspended users in the past for using MacroQuest. Use with caution on their servers.

How do I install Very Vanilla?
  1. Install the RedGuides Launcher.
  2. In the launcher, click "settings" and specify a folder to install Very Vanilla.
  3. In the launcher, click "Very Vanilla" and choose a version (Live, Test or Emu) to install.
If you need more help, watch the installation video.

How do I update after EverQuest patch days?
  • Run the RedGuides Launcher, click the "Very Vanilla" tab, choose a version (Live, Test or Emu) and then click update.

How do I run it?
  • Browse to the installation folder and run MacroQuest2.exe. If successful, you should see a little shield in your taskbar.
    step8.png
  • Now let's play EQ.

What are some fun things I can do with Very Vanilla?
That's a big topic! Let's start with some simple functions:
  • Watch "The Red Guide to Multiboxing" videos for beginner's directions to multi-box a full group.
  • Automatically log in all of your characters with one click.
  • Read the beginner's guide to the KissAssist macro, so you can begin a multi-boxing group.
  • Need to find someone in the zone? Type, /target playername and then /face. This also works for NPC’s. /target King Xorbb
  • Get a notification whenever a rare spawn is up, check out MQ2SpawnMaster for more info.
  • Run a macro from the macro section.
  • Run a plugin from the plugin section.
  • Make KissAssist handle all your clickies and buffs, so you can focus on playing. After setting up KissAssist, just target yourself and type /mac kissassist manual and then /buffson and you'll have full control over everything, but your toon will do all your clickies and buffs for you.

Troubleshooting
  • Before reporting an issue, make sure EverQuest is up to date, and then make sure Very Vanilla is up to date (click Update in the RedGuides Launcher). EverQuest patches break Very Vanilla.
  • For issues with the installer / updater software, please see this thread for help.
License Name
GPLv2
Author
Redbot
First release
Last update
Rating
4.30 star(s) 10 ratings

More resources from Redbot

Share this resource

Latest updates

1. 20220119a

crash fix
  2. 20220119

Updated for live servers
  3. 20220106

Jan 06 2022 by RedGuides - MQ2Boxr (Sidien, Sic, Knightly) Add support for AlsoKissassist, and...

Latest reviews

I love this program. I just got back a week or so ago and, I had forgotten how amazing this is. Great job.
Always a great job team.
I really love this program. It has breathed new life into my favorite game. Keep up the good work!
Awesome Program, only ever had 1 problem with it and was answered within 15 minutes on how to sort it has made boxing EQ a breeze. Only play 1 toon effectively the others all do there thing, and you can customise their INI files to suit your playstyle
This fixes the MQ2 window being gone, but removed all of my saved autologin profiles - so really super happy about that.
Redbot
Redbot
We recommend using the launcher. Extracting the .zip over your own folder will overwrite most of your customized .inis
Within a view our's after EQ-patch a running version out! Great work ... and autogroup now works for me as well.
im hooked! keep up the good work
Redbot
Redbot
I'm glad you're enjoying it! :)
I will start right out with the fact that I just started this process. And I am not a code writer of any kind. In fact, I know just enough to be dangerous. But I can read and do searches and know to look for beginners guides to help me get this all installed and working right at the most basic levels.

I would like to suggest that one of you experts make a Complete guide to getting MacroQuest 2 all setup and running. A guide written with the idea that "What everyone knows" is included. Just from my short experience I can honestly say that there is a ton of information scattered all over not only here but the internet in general, but no where is it all put together in one place. So a concise guide to answer questions like:

1. The proper load order of all the various plugins and macros from a clean boot to having all the characters show up on your screen. You need to include Innerspace/IsBoxer in this too. I found a bunch of conflicting statements about this subject. What do you guys use and or recommend.
2. Proper login procedures, like do I use the Innerspace character set login or the MQ2Login Profile? What are the reasons for each and maybe an explanation of advantages and disadvantages. (there is avideo about this)
3. Is Eqbcs really needed? Doesn't ISboxer perform this function? How to setup Eqbcs. Or do you use the other one that I can't remember the name of. DN something?
4. Setting up Autologin and really important, the /inv key for the alts.
5. Setting up Follow and assist keys. Like /afollow and why you should use it or when NOT to. Explain that Kissassist does some of this but doesn't work when KA isn't loaded yet.
6. Sit and stand keys, are these ISB keys or MQ2 macs?
7. Setting up KA macros to start and stop and why they are needed.
8. Maybe a brief scenario describing how KA is supposed to act, like what to watch for and what to make sure is happening. Like the Healer is healing and the casters are casting. Maybe even the puller and how he is supposed to act. I keep wanting to press buttons sheesh. Hard to let the macro take over. Maybe a video of a real basic setup and how it's supposed to function. Maybe even a video of one of your pro setups with a narration of what is going on. That would be REAL cool.

That's as far as I have gotten so far. I have read (and watched) so much from so many different sources that I get some things confused or can't find a reference that I've seen before. Bookmarks are your friend. Maybe you could approach this from a complete noob's perspective, think...I have never seen this stuff before, kind of thinking.

All I can say is that when I downloaded MQ2 and read this page, it left me with more questions than answers, even with all the links. I have actually spent more time reading than setting things up in game.

Not trying to beat on you guys at all. You have an amazing product here, the more I read the more I say things like "That is so cool or I want to have THAT in my setup. It sure would be nice to go from install to start playing a bit easier, is all I am suggesting. Thanks for listening.
Redbot
Redbot
Thanks for the feedback, we've been working on tutorial videos and are releasing some soon. If you need any help in the meantime feel free to PM me.
Works great if you run the updater after patches.
20180921a does not work, gives me a date mismatch for Sep 18...
Redbot
Redbot
Hey bud, run the Very Vanilla updater and the EverQuest launcher again. DBG released a new eqgame.exe yesterday.