• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Chase

Utility Chase v1.1.1

Software Requirements
MQ, MQ2Lua
Server Type
🏢 Live TLP
Chases the specified player using MQ2Nav, because who likes that pesky afollow. Not much else to it. It will chase if the chase distance is exceeded and you are not currently:
- Casting (unless you're a bard)
- Auto attack on
- AutoFire on
- Hovering (dead)
- Sticking to something
- Already nav'ing somewhere

Intended for use when running something without an available chase mode, or characters outside of group or some other situation where your only option is typically afollow. Don't try to run this at the same time as something else which does chasing.

Provides a little UI to control it in addition to the available commands:
1644122035055.png
1644122059693.png

Instructions:
1. Obtain the script:
1A. Watch the resource and download it using the RedGuides Launcher, or
1B. Download the script and place it in the Lua folder.

2. Run the script:
2a. /lua run chase
2b. /lua run chase somedude

Available commands:
INI:
- /luachase pause on|1|true -- pause chasing
- /luachase pause off|0|false -- resume chasing
- /luachase role ma|mt|leader|raid1|raid2|raid3 -- chase the PC matching the specified role
- /luachase role -- prints the current role PC to chase
- /luachase target -- sets the chase to your current target, if it is a valid PC target
- /luachase name somedude -- sets the chase target to somedude
- /luachase name -- prints the current chase target
- /luachase distance 30 -- sets the chase distance to 30
- /luachase distance -- prints the current chase distance
- /luachase show -- displays the UI window
- /luachase hide -- hides the UI window
- /luachase [help] -- displays the help output
/chase would have conflicted with something or other most likely. I'm open to suggestions besides /luachase.

Some Notes
Chase Target is used when Chase Role is set to None. Otherwise, Chase Target is ignored.

Picked some arbitrary upper/lower boundaries for the chase distance.
INI:
Min distance == 15
Max distance == 300

The chase target uses ${Spawn[pc =%s]} when role is set to None, so it will only chase an exact match PC name.
Source Repository
https://github.com/aquietone/luachase
[git] Automation options?
Yes
Author
aquietone
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 5 ratings

More resources from aquietone

Share this resource

Latest updates

1. Correct typo in stopdistance command

This command should now set the value instead of just getting the current value: /luachase...
  2. Just correcting a typo

Changed "mq" option to "mt" for main tank.
  3. ingame and pathexists checks

- Add check for gamestate before chasing or displaying UI - Check Navigation.PathExists before...

Latest reviews

Just awesome. Using this greate Tool since serveral month now. I have no idea what maybe could have been done better. This tool made my ingame-life much more comfortable. Does its job in the best possible way I can think off.
Have I mentioned I love this? Makes moving my daughter's character around a breeze or my group without plugins. Thanks for this!
Love this, running an unconventional group where MA isn't driving so it was a game changer.
TL;DR: Kickass!

It gets the Caverns of Endless Bullshit seal of approval. Granted, the mesh file for the zone is a nightmare already (I blame the map designer not MQ2Nav & Co.) it consistently seemed to outperform Come to Me, Follow Me, CTWN navigation, and outside of COES outperformed KA and RGMercs chase options, moving around logs in Scorched woods where otherwise toons were getting stuck. Only problems are PEBKAC with KA settings for Ranger backpedalling to shoot headshot pew pews ... fighting settings for LUAChase (a name I prefer since searching for CHASE is going to bring up every iteration of /chase in search results). I'll work those out and I don't blame the script for them. That and forgetting to pause LUAChase and getting jolted back to the chase target (again, PEBKAC). :)

Other testing: it seems to handle problems with the mesh better than other nav options, especially at points where you might flip flop flip flop flip flop like a bot on a river facing north then south then north (Thulisaur Isle in a few places, Neriak in that river as you try to head to commonlands, etc). However it's not a pancaea - I still find myself having to hit Follow Me to get my group on a boat from a pier, or to cross some doorways. It is what it is - again no blame on LUAChase for that situation.
Is there no stopping a quiet one?