• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

TheZ v3.0 (works with 3/15/06 patch) (1 Viewer)

Any simple text editor. Notepad, winpad, etc. Try just double-clicking, windows should open it for you.

Sorry if this has been brought up elsewhere and i just missed it.

I downloaded the attachemnt to this thread and opened the mq2 exe file and it crash ed my eqgame. Is this not working at the moment or am i doing something funky?

Noticed something since the 3/15 patch.

I used to auto-accept groups. After the patch I have to manually accept invites (Unless of course I'm running a specific macro and it auto accepts them for me)

I never overwrite my INI files so my configuration should still be the same. What (of anything) would have changed to disable autoaccept? Any idea?

I only have Melee loaded, not Combat. I should probably put Combat back in since I still think it does some things better than Melee does.

Also, while on the subject, I used to have my /follow set so it used the EQ follow rather than the macro. That seems to have been overwritten now also. I've renamed follow.mac and edited my INI file alias, but when I type /follow it still looks for the follow.mac. Not a huge deal but somewhat annoying when using another macro that needs to remain running. Any suggestions?

Hmmm...that sort of code isn't in my text files, so I would suggest that you search through your own .ini and .txt files in the MQ2 folder. You could try searching for the string "/follow" to see if that produced anything.

RedDog said:
I only have Melee loaded, not Combat. I should probably put Combat back in since I still think it does some things better than Melee does.

Also, while on the subject, I used to have my /follow set so it used the EQ follow rather than the macro. That seems to have been overwritten now also. I've renamed follow.mac and edited my INI file alias, but when I type /follow it still looks for the follow.mac. Not a huge deal but somewhat annoying when using another macro that needs to remain running. Any suggestions?

If your using MQ2moveutils just use /stick 30 or 50 (Whatever looks natural) instead of follow :D

Ok, i'm having server select crashes when trying to go from PoK to Kithicor, and I can't zone to south or north ro at all. anyone having trouble? When I try to zone to Kithicor it tells me my home city isn't available going to server select. Then if I try to log back in it CTD's

Yeah, I'm having /zone'ing crashes as well...I'm wondering if they put in some sort of ninja nerf on the server. I'll look into it.

What I found causing the issue is that I was using my old Macroquest.dll. Once I went with the one provided in the Combiles I havent been crashing on the Zoning.

Has anyone else been having a problem using any of the /zone commands? I recently download the latest one, and i can't zone anywhere for some reason, it keeps saying bad name.shortname.suggestion. I have nothing special really on currently only warp, piggyzone, and superduperduperreallyghettospeed.

soujiro said:
Has anyone else been having a problem using any of the /zone commands? I recently download the latest one, and i can't zone anywhere for some reason, it keeps saying bad name.shortname.suggestion. I have nothing special really on currently only warp, piggyzone, and superduperduperreallyghettospeed.
Unless all these zoneing issues have started withing the last couple of hours no. Not having any problems zoning at all. When I left to go to work I was /zoneing all over the place everyfifteen minutes cause I am tasking, hopefully when I get home I still will be tasking :cool:

Salemwin said:
Having same problem but only in Dodh zone everywhere else works fine for /zone :confused:

Yeah I forgot to mention that part, I was in DoDh. Everywhere else seems to zone just fine.

The reason that it won't zone with DoDh has to do with my #define Max_Zones, I think. I'm going to have to look into that again.

You can download MQ2Tdon.dll directly from Tone's thread. See the first page of this thread. Just save it in the folder with your other MQ dlls.

I had tried that last night, but I was rather tired so I probably copied it into the wrong place. I will try again. I thought it had to be like added into the compile to work. Thanks.

Notes (3.20):
-Spent a bunch of time with piggyzone and messing around in MQ2Main trying to get all the CTD bugs worked out. Long story short, I made some major adjustments to warp, zone, and some of the code involved with that. You will need to update *all* of your plugins from this new zip, not just overwrite a few. You do *not* need to delete your old .ini files.

-Added MQ2Cobalt. As something to note, I have changed the commands for this plugin from what Cobalt originally had them as. Make sure that you look at them on the syntax down below.

-Updated MQ2Cast. NEW XML FILE. Don't forget to paste it in your default folder and overwrite the older one!.

-Added MQ2Faerune

Getting a problem with /circle. It only works the first time I use it but runs straight every time after if I have stopped for some reason. It works again only if I /fade /zone or unload and reload mq2moveutils.

grassdunes said:
Getting a problem with /circle. It only works the first time I use it but runs straight every time after if I have stopped for some reason. It works again only if I /fade /zone or unload and reload mq2moveutils.

same here and /circle off didn't do it.

also on one of my 3 comps the speed hack is not working properly. it only works right the first time, if i try to turn it off i'm running way to slow, if i unload the plugin I'm running around 4 - 5. it just gets worse and worse the longer i run it. (even unloading, and quiting MQ doesn't seem to fix it)

Never had problems with it before, but now the only way to reset it is to unload the plugin and reboot. (hhmm... thinkin about it i didn't try just reloading EQ with MQ off...)

Sorry bout this, but I can't really help you with speedhack...I haven't used it in about a year. I maintain the code, but that's about the extend of my knowledge.

Quoted from the MQ2 boards under the MQ2MoveUtils thread...This may help those of you having circle problems.

Here's what is happening for me...
/circle on 100 first time works.
/cirlce off
[use arrow keys to stop motion]
/circle on 100 acts like its stuck , just spins around.

unload MQ, reload and
/circle on 100 first time works
/circle on 50 works , since only changing the radius
/circle on 100 works.
/circle off
[use arrow keys to stop motion]
/circle on 100 - broken again .

It has something to do with :
ManualPause=on|off

If ManualPause is on , it breaks the new circle commands after you hit an arrow key.

If ManualPause is off , it works fine.

Also of interest:

outlander said:
Yea circle is my red headed step child, I don't use it so therefor it get's little attention.

no Gmcheck?

I noticed /plugin mq2gmcheck has been dropped by both you and NDawg's pre-compiled plugins lists, just curious why? Will it be implemented back in anytime soon?
EDIT: If not, is there a similar plug-in that is easy to use to notify users of GMs in zone, even in GM invis mode?
Thanks for the great compile.

Last edited:
Its in the version NDawg put out for the 3-14-06 compile and it is still usable, what I do is download both copies (Ndawg and Z's) unzip Ndawg's first then unzip Z's into the same directory , the same directory I always use that way I have copies of all the plugin's .. I run the gmcheck and have had no problems with it.

I've never been able to get GMCheck to run reliably, unfortunately...which is why I don't post it.

TheZ did you by any chance update to the newest MQ2 code?

DKAA fixed the Enviro Problem for Tradeskills

8-)

Army

no worries i did a vanila compile to test my codes with

8-)

i just couldn't tell on the first post .. which Zip you were using 8-)

ARMY

TheZ v3.30 posted.

Notes (3.30):
-Updated to MQ2-20060324 zip, by request of Army, which fixes a tradeskill combining thingy.
-Added in a fix for the AA titles thing...they should be working now.
-If you have version 3.2, you only need to replace your old MQ2Main.dll to get this update. Otherwise, I suggest you get the whole package.

Appreciate all your hard work, Z! Not only do you put out a great compile with a good assortment of plugins, but you quickly rectify any problems that arise. Good job! =-)

Tried using this Version and when i load up eq its gets to the accept there terms page and pops up eqgame.exe error and closes eq anyone know why

TheZ v3.0 (works with 3/15/06 patch)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back