• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Need mouse recommendations (1 Viewer)

RedCents
9,012¢
I am going to start with saying - I have BIG HANDS and LONG FINGERS (I'm 6'4) so normal mouses don't work for me, stuff like Razer Naga, Razer Death Adder are out by default, they kill my wrist.

I fell in love with the Logitech G500 mouse 8 years ago and it's finally starting to fail on me, I can barely right click, I can't strafe cause I can't right click.... It's time to take old yeller outside and put her down.

I like this mouse so much cause it fits my hands perfectly. If you've ever seen one in person, it's a cumbersome fucking mouse. However over the last like 4 years I guess Logitech thought it would be funny to jack up the price (150 for a mouse? ????? You kidding me?) I paid like 49 back when I bought it.

I have been looking at the Logitech G400 which looks like it has been built in the same image as the G500. I'm curious if anyone else here who has bigger than average hands could give me a recommendation for a mouse.

Not looking for it to do anything fancy. I don't need mouse buttons or side buttons or macro keys on my mouse. Just one made for someone with big hands.

Yeah, I did not like the Naga. Even with the different grips they included it didn't jive.

That being said, the Deathadder is going to be my mouse for quite some time until I find another "minimalistic" type mouse that doesn't have F-16 Fighter Pilot buttons.

I have huge hands and I use the Razor World of Warcraft mouse because it has 13 buttons that have programmed to do all sorts of unsavory things for me!

yes yes you can, vote on it, I will leave..... mwaahahahahahaha Yeah I have long since rubbed all the WoW markings off the thing, my rough hands have worn it down to white plastic.... chrome my ass!

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I don't care it was named the Herpes mouse, it has 13 programmable buttons!

I was a huge fan of the programable buttons when I Pvp'd. Ever since I stopped playing WoW I realized I stopped using the side buttons on the mouse, I only use the back/forward ones for internet pages now and most of the time even they get on my nerves cause I have a tendancy of hitting them with a finger twitch or when im grabbing the mouse. Lack of PvP made for more leisurely button pressing =P

So far my eyes are still on the G400, it has under 5k DPI which is amazing (and really hard to find since the market is over saturated with high DPI mouses since too many consumers ONLY look for high DPI since they think that's what makes a mouse good) and it's the largest mouse I can find. I've never found a mouse that's too big, I even tried one that let me customize the size of it Cyborg Mad Catz R.A.T it was ehh - I still have it, it lasted forever and never broke - it felt good on my hand but nothing as good as my lumpy block G500.

Last edited:
oh mine is programmed for TS3 Push to Talk, start kiss, pause kiss, start eoknuke, exit client, corpsedrag, all kinds of goodness I use all damn day

Oh jeeze. I can't tell you how many times I accidentally just hit the two side buttons I have on my mouse now each day by twitching. If there was a button that exited me from the game on my mouse =O shit would get real.

Picture Michael J Fox with a high DPI mouse that has programmable buttons that do all that stuff! I'm not nearly that bad, but I get 200 - 300 hand twitches/spasms (best I can think to describe it) a day on my bad days. Slower DPI mouses help a lot and the less programmable buttons I can hit the better

lol Lurk, most of the people looking for gaming mice aren't playing 18 year old games. Almost every popular game MLG game requires high DPI to be competitive, thus tailored for that majority of the market, making you a niche.

I use the Diablo 3 mouse. It's about .5" longer than a standard mouse. Doesn't have as many buttons as the WoW mouse. It's got a total of 7 plus 1 that is used to change the DPI. I got it on sale at Walmart for like 30 bucks a few years ago.

I LOVE my Death Adder. I've got the chroma but that's only important if you like lightning effects. I've put this thing through some abuse playing LoL and it still works perfectly.

The logitech g300 has 4 buttons (i think), i have a keyboard (logitech) it has 6 buttons programable. Nice to just hit a button to activate ur macros, instead of searching for multiple buttons. And the keyboard links macros too, mouse may but i dont use it like that.

I really love the razor line of products - well made and take a lot of abuse. I use a naga epic chroma but I'm sure another in their line would fit you better. Besides being able to switch easily from wireless to wired modes you can also adjust the sensitivity and acceleration to something which you find suitable for your use.

What sold me on the Wow version is the shape, I tried it at Microcenter and took it home that day! it is not your standard square or oval mouse. It has finger rests protruding out like a manta ray! My big ass fingers can rest on them and I can move the whole thing! I wont ever go back to a regular mouse for personal use. https://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Special-World-Warcraft-Mouse/dp/B001H31B2A just look at the rests for your big ass fingers and thumb to enjoy!

- - - Updated - - -

pic does not show it but that rest you see is on both sides!

MSI Interceptor DS200 Gaming Mouse .... I used the same logitech mouse you did ............... this is the only one that seems to fit ............... bought 3 ( after going through several mice )........ only thing i I don't like is button wheel does not tilt right/left for click .......... other than that great feel for big hands .......... and simple ( not too many buttons )............ Good Luck!

yes yes you can, vote on it, I will leave..... mwaahahahahahaha Yeah I have long since rubbed all the WoW markings off the thing, my rough hands have worn it down to white plastic.... chrome my ass!

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I don't care it was named the Herpes mouse, it has 13 programmable buttons!

Razkle is like jock itch once you scratch , it will go away but always comes back

Question - Need mouse recommendations

Users who are viewing this thread

Back