• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Zlandicar Reborn - What amount of DPS recommended? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
550¢
Anyone that has tank/spanked this mission able to post what their team's DPS is? I'm thinking of giving this a shot, but not sure my team does enough though. Full burn, my team is around 1.5mil. DPS.

My team pull around 1.5m - 2m this is enough to not get any adds. I haven't failed at this mission so I am not sure how much DPS is too low. Team is WAR,CLR,BRD,BER,WIZ,MAG.

I think my problem is... I had Zild selected with my DPS crew while I hailed him and started in tank mode. I did it without the DPS targetting him and it worked fine. I think I need to just let the macro target him.

Did this just now with my weak group after reading this and figured worth a try. Ranger ToV/CoV raid gear. BRD, DRU, CLR, WAR, ROG all pretty much ToV t1 grp and f2p stuff. got him down below 20% and died, came right back popped steadfast servant on all toons, dropped an empowered campfire (cant use to zone back when placed right at zland, but gives a little additional kick in stats and stuff) and kicked off Intensity of the resolute and armor of experience on the warrior then after engaged popped IotR and AoE on the others and Zland went down in 183 @ 1.3m dps

Did this just now with my weak group after reading this and figured worth a try. Ranger ToV/CoV raid gear. BRD, DRU, CLR, WAR, ROG all pretty much ToV t1 grp and f2p stuff. got him down below 20% and died, came right back popped steadfast servant on all toons, dropped an empowered campfire (cant use to zone back when placed right at zland, but gives a little additional kick in stats and stuff) and kicked off Intensity of the resolute and armor of experience on the warrior then after engaged popped IotR and AoE on the others and Zland went down in 183 @ 1.3m dps
Just in the nick of time, adds start spawning around the 3 minute mark (maybe a little longer, only stretched it out twice for the Skin Care achievement)

You know, if you hit auspice on the ranger then intensity is wasted. Hit spice on the ranger and then intensity when spice drops.

From what i saw DPS wasnt an issue for a few friends and I the other night. After this fight, it makes me wonder if they are really trying to make these missions hard or not.

Group makeup: Merc tank, Cleric, Ranger, Necro, Sham, Merc Cleric. (was a random guildie group and we were bored)

This fight was pretty easy. having 2 mercs didnt help for dps but at least the merc tank didnt die!

whats all your group geared tanks AC during this encounter ? my sk is 8k AC with shield. only 30k AA's and only T2 CoV geared with some T3 CoV.. 350k hps
Group geared only Warrior, about 11kac with shield.

An 8k SK can tank this just fine (although the skin care achievement might be touch and go without more healing than usual, big difference between burning something in 30secs and keeping it busy for up to 10 mins)

My sk is about 9k AC and 430khps. The group I do this with is sk shm brd bst zer zer. Without burn, they do about 1.1 - 1.2m dps (I think) and I don't ever get an adds. On burn he drops like a rock so I usually save burn for The Calling. My crew is all max aa and has nothing better then tov t3 gear...the zerkers are short some augs but the SK is in good shape and he usually tops the dps on burn..about 1.1m by himself. But Crusaders still whoops me most of the time.

thx for the response guys .. how the heck do you get your AC so high just in T3 CoV gear .. @ABWar 11k AC seriously in group gear ? how the heck and @ orbits how you got 9k AC with over 400k hps :( .. granted im mostly T2 CoV gear and a few T3 pieces but i cant believe filling the rest of those slots with T3 will get me another 1k AC and 80k more hps

thx for the response guys .. how the heck do you get your AC so high just in T3 CoV gear .. @ABWar 11k AC seriously in group gear ? how the heck and @ orbits how you got 9k AC with over 400k hps :( .. granted im mostly T2 CoV gear and a few T3 pieces but i cant believe filling the rest of those slots with T3 will get me another 1k AC and 80k more hps
Augments, Hero's AAs, Tribute, Powersource

Somewhat off topic, what is the best DPS parser or meter to use when boxing so I can just my DPS characters performance?

Also would a DPS parser/meter have any performance impact? I assume you just run it on the main character you play so likely no but wanted to ask

Somewhat off topic, what is the best DPS parser or meter to use when boxing so I can just my DPS characters performance?

Also would a DPS parser/meter have any performance impact? I assume you just run it on the main character you play so likely no but wanted to ask
You can use MQ2DPSAdvanced to parse your group.
As external parser, you also have EQ Log PArser or Gameparse too.

Do you guys think this would be doable with the following group please:
117 Mage with air pet as tank EMXXIII
118 bard
117 wiz
3x mercs usually 2xrogues and 1xcleric, but could swap a rogue for tank if needed

My 3 toons usually put out non-burn dps of 150-225k each.

I doubt it. With bad luck Zlandicar can 1round your Pet. On the other hand the dps is not so big. If the fight lsts longer there can spawn adds that will additonally hurt your group and decrease your dps.

But I think it's worth a try. GL

Thanks for the reply Speathdell

I just did a group burn on a named in Dragon Necropolis and averages 2m dps for the team. Mage got to 600k. So maybe with the merc tank it might be viable?
The dps will bei ok , but I have a bad feeling about the tanking. Especially the beginning of the fight starts often with a heavy damage portion. Maybe try a melee tune on tank , better have a pet backup if tank hits the ground.

From my experience good tanking and healing on this mission is more important than DPS. I was testing out some new KA setups yesterday and really messed up on DPS, it took over 290 seconds to finish Zland off where normally I can do it in about 80s. There was adds, and an aura that rooted that I have never encountered before as even my first run on the mission was quick enough to avoid that stuff.

Anyway none of the mechanics seemed to have much of an impact, just mez'd the adds and kept slugging away until he was dead.

Do you guys think this would be doable with the following group please:
117 Mage with air pet as tank EMXXIII
118 bard
117 wiz
3x mercs usually 2xrogues and 1xcleric, but could swap a rogue for tank if needed

My 3 toons usually put out non-burn dps of 150-225k each.
I drop him in less than 60 seconds w/ War/Ranger/2x Mage, enchanter and healer merc like clockwork

Did they up his HP recently? I used to burn him down quickly at 115, and now at 120 it takes longer. I'll have to look at my old parses, it feels something is different.
They admitted to breaking a couple of the CoV raid mobs during ToL changes.. Havent heard, or done the CoV group ones since launch, I can maybe spin by and look later..

Question - Zlandicar Reborn - What amount of DPS recommended?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back