• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Zerker Dps (1 Viewer)

RedCents
456¢
Hi all,

I've played a 6 Box crew with 2 zerker in CoV area... both zerker did about 800k to 1m dps sustained (COV Raid and T3grp geared) now I just have 1 zerker in my grp and switched the second for a mage.. The new zerker with ToL T2 Raid wep. And COV Raid Visible just comes to 550-600k dps sustained... (both scenarios have Augs typ5 COV and complete type 7 hdex Augs) anyone has an idea the why there is such a big gap between using 1 or 2 zerker? Or is there any other big dps increase who I maby miss with my new Grp?

Well, zerkers do a couple of things that make other melee toons do moarer damage, where mage doesnt.

Without a breakdown of what is actually happening, with settings comparison it is all guesses.

I'd make sure you have all the same clickies, familiar, mount, illusion, etc

Sounds about right Drygon, my single TOL crafted group geared (2550 Hdex) Zerker does approx 450k dps with burn always turned off. Mage does 750k+ In group gear. No bard or Beastlord and using enchanter.

As Sic mentioned, too many unknowns in what you shared with us.

What is the entire 6box group makeup?

What mobs, zones you comparing with? Remember, it needs to be apples to apples, not apples to oranges.

Are all offensive CD's up and available to use?

I am a firm believer in an all melee, or all cast group and plan synergies around them. With SHD/CLR/BRD (all for melee)/BST/BER/ROG - DPS is through the roof. 1.5m on Rog, 1.4ish on BER, 850kish on BST. Hardly any augs. I have like 4 type 5 hDex augs, but missing a ton of the 7/8 augs. Swapping Bard out for an Enchanter, neither can break 1m on the same boss. They are close, but not 1m. That is 1 class change. Now swap another class that provides zero synergy? Do you like shooting yourself in the foot? While the MAG is good DPS on it's own but isn't providing anything to the group. Now if you ran an Enc and 3 mages? Holy smokes...

This is what I like about pocket accounts. MAG CoTH is amazing, but he doesn't have to be in my group to fight. Get him to spot, coth everyone, gate back to safety.

OK seems I have shared to less information.
Grp is/was SK, CLR, Bst, Brd, Ber, mag/ SK, shm, Bst, Ber, Ber, brd (is grp =Ber dps 550k was grp= Ber dps 850-1m) sustained... Burn 1,8-2m.
I think both grp setups is nearly the same in Paragon, clicks, mounts etc. Maby the new zerker lack a bit of Raid gear.. but he is now 120 and mutch better grp gear...
I've parsed the Dps in CoV content with my new grp to get a feeling for the "improvement" what now feels like I should throw my mage away for anther zerker😄

I wouldn't throw away the mage, but I would put in a Rogue. Hands down. Put poisons on the SHD, BRD, BST, BER and the ROG UseAlliance/ForceAlliance on and dps skyrockets. Equally geared, my rogue outdps Ber in ToL content because of humanoid mobs. So much I have another rogue to swap in instead of Ber.

Hi all,

I've played a 6 Box crew with 2 zerker in CoV area... both zerker did about 800k to 1m dps sustained (COV Raid and T3grp geared) now I just have 1 zerker in my grp and switched the second for a mage.. The new zerker with ToL T2 Raid wep. And COV Raid Visible just comes to 550-600k dps sustained... (both scenarios have Augs typ5 COV and complete type 7 hdex Augs) anyone has an idea the why there is such a big gap between using 1 or 2 zerker? Or is there any other big dps increase who I maby miss with my new Grp?
Composite got butt-fucked-nerfed recently. Roughly a 100k dps drop.

I also suspect an increase in melee mitigation of ToL mobs vs CoV/ToV mobs, but I have no data to back that up. Just my experience that I did better DPS in CoV raids in-era vs ToL raids.

Question - Zerker Dps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back