• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Your Most Elusive Spawn / Item (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,317¢
Hey all,

So, I had this thought pop into my head last night. There was a mob I was after for the longest time back in the day and never got him to spawn. I wanted the Axe of the Slayers from Grazhak the Berserker in Rathe Mountains.

Grazhak_the_berzerker.jpgAxe_of_the_Slayers.jpg

Anyone ever kill this guy? To this day I have never seen him, and of course never acquired the Axe. Now I am thinking of trying again just to get the axe for display in my house.

Also, what is your most elusive spawn / item?

Hey all,

So, I had this thought pop into my head last night. There was a mob I was after for the longest time back in the day and never got him to spawn. I wanted the Axe of the Slayers from Grazhak the Berserker in Rathe Mountains.

View attachment 51012View attachment 51013

Anyone ever kill this guy? To this day I have never seen him, and of course never acquired the Axe. Now I am thinking of trying again just to get the axe for display in my house.

Myost elusive is always "I've been camping this morn for days" and then turns out I'm in the wrong zone :(

I refuse to do the zerkers pre1.5 quest. That drop from the captain. Dude sucks

Last edited:
In Beholder's Maze, the Gorge of King Xorbb: King Xorbb

I have never actually seen this mob myself in all my 20+ years of playing EQ. I was trying to collect all of the staves - slime / fire / water / ice .... never got the slime.

Myost elusive is always "I've been camping this morn for days" and then turns out I'm in the wrong zone :(

I refuse to do the zerkers pre1.5 quest. That drop from the captain. Dude sucks
I attempted the Druid pre quest. It flew by until you had to get something from barindu or what ever. Spent 3 weeks trying to get it. Gave up and did the 1.0 in like 2 hours….

In Beholder's Maze, the Gorge of King Xorbb: King Xorbb

I have never actually seen this mob myself in all my 20+ years of playing EQ. I was trying to collect all of the staves - slime / fire / water / ice .... never got the slime.

Totally agree. Xorbb has to be the rarest of rare spawns.

I spent months doing 2-4 hour zone wide clearing sessions (while raiding on main) in order to do "The Visiting Priestess" quest for the "Blued Two-Handed Hammer" ( one of the only monk usable PBAE weapons )

The 2nd worst time I've ever camped was the "Dark Spiritbone Belt"

If I remember right I had a server first drop 3 years AFTER the expansion launched.

Back in the day, everyone was trying to do the Eyepatch of Plunder quest. Trying to get lucky for Stormfeather was such a PITA. He was either always camped or god only knows when he'd respawn just to get snatched again. Took me a couple weeks of returning and sitting there for hours on end. Eventually got super lucky-ish...My Shaman was bound there and during a raid wipe, found myself naked, no spells memmed, and being attacked by this mofo.
Needless to say, took some running around, memming spells on the go, delaying taking the raid rez, but successfully finally getting him killed.

b32d4b29419367b5e23f333fd20c2741.png

On my cleric i remember camping some FT boots in CT (i belive that is the zone if i recall correctly) of a named slime, i lived there night and day never won the drop....
Friends did feel sorry and bought them for me at the end... think it was when PoP were the new cool place to hang!

Mine was camping the fabled fire idol.. spent days camping it for probably 4 hour shifts then fell asleep at my keyboard and wake up to someone asking me if I was camping him because it was spawned on top of my feigned body. I told him yes thank you! Killed it and finally won eq with my 25 ac aug lol

Back in the day, everyone was trying to do the Eyepatch of Plunder quest. Trying to get lucky for Stormfeather was such a PITA. He was either always camped or god only knows when he'd respawn just to get snatched again. Took me a couple weeks of returning and sitting there for hours on end. Eventually got super lucky-ish...My Shaman was bound there and during a raid wipe, found myself naked, no spells memmed, and being attacked by this mofo.
Needless to say, took some running around, memming spells on the go, delaying taking the raid rez, but successfully finally getting him killed.

At first glance it looks like this mob is wearing sunglasses.....I can't unsee it now.

Hey all,

View attachment 51012View attachment 51013

Probably the most annoying for me was doing the Cleric 1.0 on TLP servers. Camping the underwater guy was the most frustrating part. Also farming Torpor on my Shaman was painful during Kunark era TLP.

For me, the most memorable wasn't the lack of spawn, but the lack of luck, and I kind of got screwed. Camping drops for Vex Thal key in fungus grove way back in the day. Myself and several guildies were camping it. I got so frustrated, because there were several of us camping the drop, and we actually had several spawns, however, our guild rules stated every drop needed to be rolled on. Well, I must have seen 15+ drops, and every time, some member who had showed up to our camp, 5 minutes before the spawn, would win the roll, and then 10 minutes later, leave. I spent weeks try to get that piece, and it just seemed I would always lose the roll. It eventually got to the point that me and a couple of guildies would just go anon and not tell anybody we were camping it. They already had the piece, but didn't want someone else swooping in and just before the spawn, rolling, then leaving. Needless to say the Luclin expansion was one of my least favorite because of the issues of keying for VT.

My tear from the plane of fear :( either it was already cleared or I lost the dkp bid ... the pain ....

One day I will get it just because I want to have it.

Seen and done most of the other camps some took days irl I don't miss those camps, the one that I remember most was I think the monk one in guk (ages ago)?

The DA clickies (Cursed Rage Channeler, Feral Guardian Channeler and Totem of the Wurines) could be a pain in the butt to farm, especially across your whole team. Definitely nice to have though, particularly on raids like NOS The Artist when you don't get a blue, yellow or green crystal to block the debuff on the corresponding colored mini-boss death.

This was my longest camp. Back in the day, before I knew of SEQ, I sat in the zone for 2.5 RL days, with my wife giving me about 8 hours of sleep in there someplace. I was able to get him, and it made it all worthwhile.

Discussion - Your Most Elusive Spawn / Item

Users who are viewing this thread

Back