• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

YAY 2 boxing ! (1 Viewer)

bah

RedCents
Well kind of hard to explain.. so what .. you stuck with 1 computer and 2 accts.. piece of cake lol throw an old comp eq2 compliant in a closet plug it up start it up and then you can even take the moniter back off of it. but the key is running a program called VNC. virtual network communicator... very easy to use very simple and it takes the lag from 2 accts on 1 computer...

Link: www.realvnc.comwww.realvnc.com

having 2 accts i am able to mentor down to the other char and just strait up own all heroics within 3 lvls of my other char.. hence getting major money from legendary and master loots. yea thats right its sweeeeeeeeeeeet! and i owe this one to redbot :D

I'd imagine it's fucking insanely laggy when you're VNCing into another one but yeah, VNC works. You can also use Windows XP's Remote Desktop program.

tried.. unable to minimize while following target. and vnc isnt laggy at all. just takes a bit for things to draw. but if you autofollow its fairly easy enough

That's what I meant by laggy. It takes a long time to render stuff on VNC in normal circumstances, but jesus, EQ2 would take a year.

hehe only thing i do on the other acct is heal anyhow lol all i have to do is click a button rather its showed or not doesnt matter hehe

I'm able to run 2 accounts on one box, and heal with one while other fights, but autofollow sends my healer to some funky places. (grin) It's my dream to get another EQ2 worthy computer.

yea thats the reason i 2 box cause of the little lag but still if you lag barely then your other char will run off strait lol really annoying.. highly recommend realvnc though.. why not .. its free..

Buy a KVM switch to let you swap between pc's. No lag and quite handy for boxing without using 3rd party app. I gave up using them when I went to 6 boxing but for 2 pc's they work quite well.

yea but with not having any room in here for my wifes comp *giggles* my kvm is only being used for an old windows 95 comp to run my log parser :D

Easiest way I have found to 2 box is to use Multiplicity from Stardock, it is sort of a software KVM, using 2 monitors you just move the mouse from one monitor to the other, you can seemlessly switch from controlling one PC to the other, it works great, the only bad thing is, it's not free, but there is a free demo.

http://www.stardock.com/products/multiplicity/

yea problem with me is i dont have the space to do that kind of thing.. i have a spare pc running in a closet with fans all around it hehe

TeachersPet said:
That's what I meant by laggy. It takes a long time to render stuff on VNC in normal circumstances, but jesus, EQ2 would take a year.

VNC doesn't render anything, it sends straight screens so it doesn't matter if you are running EQ2 or anything else.

YAY 2 boxing !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back