• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - YAAGMQ (Yet Another Another Group Makeup Question) (1 Viewer)

Zennrik

RedCents
344¢
Hello folks, let me preface this by saying, I know you've read these questions a thousand times, and I appreciate the fact you will read it a thousand and one times, and I appreciate all advice (even the "use the search idiot!")

Now, im not so much asking about which boxing tool to use, or anything like that, but advice about running multiple accounts. I currently pay for 1 gold account, have a silver and FTP account. This will be my first dip into boxing, and want to give it a whirl before I fund 3 or more accounts like you folks. That being said, I am mainly interested in how best to use my accounts.

Gold:
78 Bard
72 Druid
70 Paladin
61 Monk (on different server from all the others)
58 Beast
24 Necro

Silver:
59 Cleric
58 Bard
44 Mage

FTP:
none

I am not really partial to a particular class (Bard being my main back during release and I have visited from time to time obviously). Party comps I am really flexible on, I am just not sure how to get the most use out of the 3 accounts. At some point I will considering adding more but still doing my research on all the boxing options. Assume alt tabbing for the time being.

So all in all given the limited AAs for Silver and FTP, and assuming I krono one or the other at some point any suggestions?

Oh, and my boss would like to thank everyone for the constant yawns he gets from me because I stay up way to late reading and watching vids about boxing!

Here's the short version.

Tank should be gold.
Crowd control should be a bard and can be FTP.
Healer can be FTP if you want. SHM is great after 100ish, CLR is obviously great as well (although one-dimensional).
The others should be DPS. Melee DPS should be paid. Caster DPS can be FTP.
Choose whichver from within those types of classes you want and enjoy.

Here's the short version.

Tank should be gold.
Crowd control should be a bard and can be FTP.
Healer can be FTP if you want. SHM is great after 100ish, CLR is obviously great as well (although one-dimensional).
The others should be DPS. Melee DPS should be paid. Caster DPS can be FTP.
Choose whichver from within those types of classes you want and enjoy.

This is exactly what I needed! Thank you so much!!

Here is just a suggestion
Copy a few toons over to test server
Run a few combinations to figure out what works for your play style.
That way you can actually “test” your group make up.
Also on “Test Server” you can test the CWTN plugins etc and get a feel of how things run.
Anything done on test can not be transferred back to the live server and has no affect on you live account at all.
Most all of the content is unlocked on “Test”
Except the last few expansions.
Just a suggestion but at the moment MQ is down for test the server patched so waiting on it to be updated. ( see ICE cream cones )
When it is back up you can run it on test

Here is just a suggestion
Copy a few toons over to test server
Run a few combinations to figure out what works for your play style.
That way you can actually “test” your group make up.
Also on “Test Server” you can test the CWTN plugins etc and get a feel of how things run.
Anything done on test can not be transferred back to the live server and has no affect on you live account at all.
Most all of the content is unlocked on “Test”
Except the last few expansions.
Just a suggestion but at the moment MQ is down for test the server patched so waiting on it to be updated. ( see ICE cream cones )
When it is back up you can run it on test

Sounds good. I will get to that point eventually, I was more concerned with the best use of the resources I currently had, before investing heavily in addition software and gold accounts.

That’s why I suggest the test server
About the test server

• EQ devs use the test server to test new content before it's released to the public.
  • All characters on the test server are automatically upgraded to Gold status.
  • You still have to buy the latest expansion to have access to that content
  • You can start at level 25 with a full set of classic era gear by using /testbuff on a new toon
  • You can use /testcopy to copy an existing character from Live to the test server
  • A lot of the plugins from RG MQ are free on test (CWTN class plugins etc)
This way you can see what you like and don’t like.
Then you try it before you buy it ….

That’s why I suggest the test server
About the test server

• EQ devs use the test server to test new content before it's released to the public.
  • All characters on the test server are automatically upgraded to Gold status.
  • You still have to buy the latest expansion to have access to that content
  • You can start at level 25 with a full set of classic era gear by using /testbuff on a new toon
  • You can use /testcopy to copy an existing character from Live to the test server
  • A lot of the plugins from RG MQ are free on test (CWTN class plugins etc)
This way you can see what you like and don’t like.
Then you try it before you buy it ….

I see. From what I read, its 250AA for FTP and 1000 for Silver. I can set it up to emulate that on the test server as well? If I krono, then go back to Silver or FTP do I still have access to any AAs I earned in that time? What about augs, I read a post on here saying some gear/items revert? (sorry not up to speed on current meta of the game). As an example a test server wizard with X ammount of AA im sure wont preform like a FTP wizard at X ammount of AA, or am I over thinking this?

So FTP Chars can't spend more than the allotted AAs. They can however use a krono to max AA then revert back and have all the benefits of being max AA as a free toon
The gear thing is some gear is prestige (some augs, ts gear, etc) FTP can either have 1 prestige item or none equipped. So you would use the t1 group gear for the respective level range

Every thing I am discussing here has nothing to do with live server access or accounts.
Test is just that Test
Whatever you do on test does not transfer back to live
What I am suggesting is using the test server to tryout group set ups plugins etc to see what you like
What AA access your FTP Silver accounts etc won’t matter as your accounts on test will be lvl what 25 if you test bump them.
Unless you spent the time to max them out on test you will never no what an end game wizzy AA gold access vs Silver or FTP performs like.
So yes your over thinking a bit

Discussion - YAAGMQ (Yet Another Another Group Makeup Question)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back