• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strategy - XTarHeal/XTarHealList question (1 Viewer)

freeferli

RedCents
831¢
Can someone explain XTarHeal to me?

How do I identify who 1|2|3|4... are?
Do I mark them in game? I could not figure out how to do that in the current UI?

I wanted to setup my groups so that they are not in a raid but farming XP in the same spot.
That way they can buff/rez/heal each other, and debuff mobs, but they would still get the group bonus.

Would that work? Is using XTarHeal the way to do that?

When the puller pulls too many mobs, I would like it if one of the other tanks picked up one of the extra mobs?
Is that possible?

Am I overthinking / misunderstanding something here?

Also, I sometimes see this message when I pull too many mobs
Casting Rampage now would aggro more mobs than we have on xtarget

I do not see that param in the kiss doc.

So KA is really only setup for single groups. But you can do some work arounds for raid or multigroup setups.

Xtarget healing - It uses your healers xtarget window to heal toons that are not in the healers group. So you have to place each toon in an xtarget slot. Target the toon, alt-click the xtarget # and choose "current target." Then you just use those numbers in your healer's ini.
My cleric runs this in [Heals] and will heal the three other tanks I have set in xtarget slots 1, 2 & 3.
INI:
XTarHeal=1
XTarHealList=1|2|3

Buffs - If everybody is running on the same computer & install folder of KA, they should read the buffs file and rebuff each other. You can also try the |mgb tag on group buffs. It will use tranquil blessings to AE buff. TranqBlessing is out-of-combat only though, so make sure you're getting med breaks or the toon won't get a chance to rebuff.

Groups vs raids - If it's multi groups, then whoever does the most dmg to mobs will get the exp. They can buff each other, but currently they don't have ways to assign different targets or such. You'd get the standard xp bonus for full-groups if you have 6 members (+22% i think) Is there another group xp bonus I'm missing? Or did you mean the fellowship xp bonus?

Raid shares xp, but takes only 33% total (raid xp penalty.) Raids do share kill credit though, so they are a fast way to finish hunter achievements. Autoloot in raids isn't fully supported either, so sometimes it works, other times it won't assign stuff. Make sure you set the group & raid master looter to same person for best chance.

Off-tanking - There is no setting or role for off-tank. Each toon set to Tank or PetTank will choose their own target. So when I have 3 tanks, sometimes two are fighting the main mob and one has choosen a random mob. So it kinda works, mezzers will be happy to just hold everything else. The KA devs have mentioned in the past about working on an off-tank role, but no release or beta is available currently.

AE section (too many mobs msg) - KA has a smart warning that looks to see if there are non-aggro mobs nearby. So if you pull 5 mobs to camp, KA might get ready to fire an AE but see there is a 6th un-aggro mob inside the AE radius. It will postpone firing the AE to avoid pulling mobs you don't want. Sometimes this is memblur, other times it is an NPC/quest giver/map item that is coded as a "mob" so KA counts it. For those you can add to MobsToIgnore and move your camp a little farther away.

Last edited:
yeah I always suggest people use xtar 2|3|4 etc and not 1, KA likes to keep 1 as auto

should put these tips in the help wiki. i always used 1 but ka would constantly overwrite/delete it/make it auto. i mean, i think it was ka. could have been bristlebane i guess. but XTarHealList=2|3|4 works flawlessly.

should put these tips in the help wiki. i always used 1 but ka would constantly overwrite/delete it/make it auto. i mean, i think it was ka. could have been bristlebane i guess. but XTarHealList=2|3|4 works flawlessly.
It shows updates in there now - Looks like eqtrader updated it - Thanks @eqtrader74

1560723569119.png

KA finds the first AutoHater in the XTarget list and checks that entry for aggro. So if you start kiss and Xtarget[1]=Tank1, Xtarget[2]=Tank2, Xtarget[3]=Tank3, and Xtarget[4]=Auto. Then KA will use Xtarget[4] to check for aggro.

If you're having problems with the first Xtarget being overwritten to an aggroed mob, then it isn't KISS doing that. Kiss uses the first AUTO xtarget, that could be Xtarget[1] or it could be Xtarget[13]. You can use Xtarget[1] for whatever you want.

Kiss does NOT use XTarget[1] specifically. Nowhere in kiss will you see Xtarget[1] specifically addressed.

EQMule created a plugin that will set your Xtarget, are you sure you don't have that plugin loaded?

Strategy - XTarHeal/XTarHealList question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back