• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Xtar question (1 Viewer)

watisthis

RedCents
581¢
Setting up my ini for Kissassist, seem to have finally made it so my 105 shaman can keep my group of mixed 105's/110's alive easily doing GMM tasks (I know, it's a pretty easy task, but baby steps here). Using pet tanking with the beastlord's pet as main tank, we can even do the named pretty easily.

BUT.

What the hell is Xtar? Everyone here seems to know what xtar is beyond Xtar = Xtarget.

Is there any way I can use it to maintain my shaman's Halcyon Bluster (the 103 HoT) on my beastlord pet permanently during fights? Or eventually my warrior when he stops being crap?

xtar is as you said the xtarget list - it is often used if you're looking to pay attention to toons outside of your group

If you turned xtar heal on and put xtarheallist 2,3,4,5 it would look at your extended target window in slot 2, 3, 4 and 5

XTarHeal=1
XTarHealList= 2,3,4,5

This is the extended target window - currently set to auto, but you can right click on each line and set it to a specific target (target something then rlight click and select "current target"
1559017860470.png

If you are using the bst as the tank (targetting the bst pet when you /mac kissassist assist), you shouldn't need to do anything weird with xtar to keep your bst pet getting healed just use a high heal% for Halcyon Bluster like:

Heals1=Halcyon Bluster|95

Oh crap, I've been targetting the beastlord and typing /mac kissassist. I thought I had to use the character, since it's the character that has the "A" role.

The problem I've been getting with Halcyon Bluster is if it's set high, it just recasts when there is greater than a minute remaining. I'd rather treat it as a buff rather than a heal, else it seems to spam it. Can I set KA to just buff 1 specific char? Beast pet has the same name each summoning. Named it once long ago it seems.

Oh and sometimes the stupid pet doesn't attack. I have to manually hit /pet attack for some reason. Is that a known bug and is there something I'm doing wrong?

Hell I might post my ini's when I get home. You vets would probably take one look and facepalm at something stupid i've done.

Oh crap, I've been targetting the beastlord and typing /mac kissassist. I thought I had to use the character, since it's the character that has the "A" role.

The problem I've been getting with Halcyon Bluster is if it's set high, it just recasts when there is greater than a minute remaining. I'd rather treat it as a buff rather than a heal, else it seems to spam it. Can I set KA to just buff 1 specific char? Beast pet has the same name each summoning. Named it once long ago it seems.

Oh and sometimes the stupid pet doesn't attack. I have to manually hit /pet attack for some reason. Is that a known bug and is there something I'm doing wrong?

Hell I might post my ini's when I get home. You vets would probably take one look and facepalm at something stupid i've done.
I don't have a shaman available to pull the buff but you could create a condition that it will cast halc if it doesn't have the buff

something like
heal1= Halcyon Bluster|95|con1
cond1=!${Target.Buff[Halcyon Bluster Buff Name].ID}

the ! means no, so it is checking to see if the target does NOT have the halcyon bluster buff and if it doesn't, then it will recast it

your pet should attack based on your PetAssistAt=95 pet assist at percent value --- altho make sure that your beastlord is running /mac kissassist pettank

And don't sweat your ini - no one's gonna roast you - we were all new once -- hell I was new in February!

Ohhh ok.

Does the cond1 bit allow you to specify which char? Within another month, my second zerker will be 110 if all goes well (99 at the moment. been a long, boring FM camp with them all) and I think that I don't want the zerkers healed all the time so they get the lower hp bonus. Otherwise I could keep the group version up all the time I reckon, and it wouldn't dent the mana much

How did you handle healing with 2 zerks?

Ohhh ok.

Does the cond1 bit allow you to specify which char? Within another month, my second zerker will be 110 if all goes well (99 at the moment. been a long, boring FM camp with them all) and I think that I don't want the zerkers healed all the time so they get the lower hp bonus. Otherwise I could keep the group version up all the time I reckon, and it wouldn't dent the mana much

How did you handle healing with 2 zerks?

you could expand the condition to include something about the target like name or class etc

to deal with zerkers I setup my heals like this:
The heals are super aggressive for the MA, but none of my heals will heal the non-MA (outside group heals) unless they're 80 or below

MA = main assist (usually tank)
!MA = not main assist (everyone else

INI:
Heals17=Merciful Remedy|99|MA
Heals18=Spiritual Remedy|99|MA
Heals19=Promised Remedy|99|MA
Heals28=Merciful Remedy|80|!MA
Heals29=Spiritual Remedy|80|!MA

That would work awesomely for me. Depending on 1 thing though.

The MA. Is that as defined by group roles? Or as defined within the kissassist macro? I probably didn't read the right part of the documentation.

Since I can't use the right click -> roles -> Main Assist option on the beastlord pet, will this work as long as the healer uses /mac kissassist (petsname/or pet targeted)

That would work awesomely for me. Depending on 1 thing though.

The MA. Is that as defined by group roles? Or as defined within the kissassist macro? I probably didn't read the right part of the documentation.

Since I can't use the right click -> roles -> Main Assist option on the beastlord pet, will this work as long as the healer uses /mac kissassist (petsname/or pet targeted)
Yah role as defined in group window unfortunately. There are some other options tho with either conditions or class tags.

I used to pet tank a lot, using a real tank was a game changer for me

Yah role as defined in group window unfortunately. There are some other options tho with either conditions or class tags.

I used to pet tank a lot, using a real tank was a game changer for me
My little warrior hit 100 last night. Honestly, I'm a little hesitant dropping 180 bucks on 4 expansions (Go go Aussie dollar being crap) at this point, until we hear if DBG are going to be assholes about MQ or not. If they are going to be cool, and even quietly give you guys your accounts back, then I'll gold the lot of them and end up with a group of 110's in a few months. Then I won't need to do this annoying workaround. Heck, I can't even use mq2berzerker because my 110 zerker out agros my pet as it is, and there is no option to use the jolting axes in mq2berzerker, but when warrior boy is geared up i'll retire pet except for emergency tanking and buy the plugin.

I will do some more research on how to sort the buff thing. Maybe use the group HoT as a buff, block the spell on the 2 zerkers and just use the low settings for single target HoT. Oh well. A Bit of experimenting is called for I reckon.

Thanks for your time, Sic. Good luck with DBG

Discussion - Xtar question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back