• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

WoW to Lotro.. Help :) (1 Viewer)

Bladee

RedCents
31¢
Hi all Lotro players.. Im used to be playing WoW, 70 warlock.. But my guild disbanded, and I dont feel like im up for WoW anymore.

So my question is.. simple how good is Lotro? I mean parties, world look, grafik,game feeling and most important of all players comunication, and if there is any things like raids as in WoW.. what is Lotro all about? ))

Would be awesome is someone told me about all thoose things, since I need opinion of an player, not sponsors bullshit :P

Btw, was trying to understand what FM and codes was about.. but failed.. -.-

Just short description :D

/regards Blade

Last edited:
http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php?t=17555

This is a discussion that alot of people have carried on here. It might help you a bit.

To me, LOTRO is a mix between DDO and WoW. I personally never liked WoW because it was just too "cartoony" if that makes any sense. I have though, played just about everything else as far back as Ultima Online line from Beta. I love LOTRO. I really do. I am also a hard core EQ raider in one of the top raid guilds, but I must admit even though I still love EQ, I find myself logging on less and less to spend more time on LOTRO.

Everyone will have their pros and cons to any game. To me, if there is a down side atm, it would be the lack of zones which is just a matter of time for more content to evolve. I really like the ongoing quest chains that never seem to end all the way up to lvl 50.

Alot of people have argued over the fact of what they call the lack of PvP. I like how they did it so much different here. It's not the "typical" PvP that you would expect. The idea of being able to create a "bad" guy and PvP with that while not effecting your main toon is nice.

If you stay up on the Dev chats like I do, you will see that they have alot of big plans for LOTRO in the future.

I dropped in to say hello and give you my perspective. I liked the look and feel of LoTR but it didn't quite inspire me to stay. I played the beginning zone of a number of class types and one hobbit character until about lvl 14, so can't say I fully "road tested" it. LoTR just didn't suit me really, too busy for my liking. Others will like it for the same reason I didn't. LoTR has so much potential and despite not extending my subscription past the first free 30 days I may well come back to it in the future.

If you know Horizon's Istaria and its wide open spaces for wandering and exploration and you know that I came from there to WoW you may understand my enjoyment of the open space for exploration.

Past first free 30 days? Hmm.. is there any test, or trial account? Would be great to try it out before buying it.. still thinking Lotro or Guild wars :D

you can get a 10 day free trial from someone who has bought the game...i don't have my guest pass anymore...but someone else might.

Bladee, there's a 10 day trial key that people who already have the game, can give to someone.

I still have mine, and if you're interested in the game, I would suggest you try the game out for the free 10 days.

i just got this game for 10$, a month after i got the 14-day trial off the main lotro website.
i like it. more than wow so far.

You'll like it more than WoW for maybe a month or so but after that WoW will begin to look mighty fine again, lol.

At least that is what happened to all of us that tried it out. Good luck on it, I have actually been contemplating on playing it again. I have a 41 Champ.

WoW to Lotro.. Help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back