• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

WOW! patch 1.12 (1 Viewer)

Thrack

RedCents
Why do mac users get all the cool shit?

MAC
Added support for controlling iTunes from within World of Warcraft. You can bind a set of keys for play/pause, next track, back track, and folume up and down.

LAME .... what about WMP!!?!?!?!?!??!!?

I have a mac and the iTunes remote lags it worse than 20-on-20 zergs in Alterac Valley. When i had keys bound to it, I ended up accidentally pressing them. If iTunes isn't already open, pressing a remote key opens it automatically. If you're in full screen mode you have no idea wtf is going on until you window it and see the iTunes bouncing on the dock asking if you want to update your iPod or someshit. If you need more reasons why mac is FTL, the default Ventrilo codec (GSM 6.10 or something) isn't supported, and you have to ask your moderator (probably guild master or officer) to change the codec to Speex (the mac version of Teamspeak is actually called Teamspeex), resulting in their thinking of some BS reason why they can't and you have to raid deaf.

The verdict: graphics cards may be expensive, but play WoW on a PC.

I have a Windows XP OS with itunes running when I game. Games like WoW and Guild Wars run pretty okay. Resource piggies like EQ1 & 2 are not so good... so I use my old gaming rig to play tunes when I play EQ-ish games. If I'm on TS or Vent or Skype, I don't bother because that's just too many different sounds pouring out of my headphones at once and when it mixes with the voices in my head, it's just not pretty.

I keep iTunes running at all times too, not that big of a deal. Specially because I got a remote controller for iTunes so I dont need to alt+tab out.

I typically just play WoW/EQ2 on one box, use my laptop for TS/Vent and play MP3s off my older box. Only thing coming through my headphones typically is TS/Vent as people talking + game sounds + music all coming through my headphones is a headache. I just use a cheap logitech headset though when I have to talk on vent so I can still hear music/game with the headphones on.

thats a great idea.... but then when to want to talk you have to press a key on a different computer? is that right? how do you have it set up?

It depends on what I'm doing in WoW if I have itunes running or not. I usually have a good metal playlist going while tanking or questing otherwise its listening to my friends on Vent yelling at me to tank them. hehe music > friends complaining

It depends on what I'm doing in WoW if I have itunes running or not. I usually have a good metal playlist going while tanking or questing otherwise its listening to my friends on Vent yelling at me to tank them. hehe music > friends complaining

What? hearing a 11 year old sing madona through some teamspeak/vent channel aint good enough for you?

yes its something I really heard one day through my old guilds vent channel. :eek: Save to say I had nightmares for days.

WOW! patch 1.12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back