• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Poll - Would you still play EQ if you didn't have Macroquest2? (1 Viewer)

Would you still play EQ if you didn't have Macroquest2?

• Total voters

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,905¢
Pronouns
He/Him
Imagine logging in without MQ2 - what would you miss the most? Would a game without any MQ2 users be better, or would it be too tedious to enjoy?

Wow...I'm the only one who said they'd still play? As to what I'd miss, I'd really only miss the HUD. Between my keyboard and my mouse, I can make my own macros to automate things like TS and other tedious things. I just choose not to.

There is no way I could play 6 toons at once without some type of macro system. MQ2 just happened to be the most popular and readily available.

Sorry, but EQ has absolutely no appeal to me without MQ2. Half the time making macros, finding new extremes I can put my chars to and PLing and remote controlling them are the only things I actually find fun anymore. EQ itself is an old boring game, with no imagination, nothing that I haven't seen or done, and the devs are simply rehashing old ideas.

Sorry, but EQ has absolutely no appeal to me without MQ2. Half the time making macros, finding new extremes I can put my chars to and PLing and remote controlling them are the only things I actually find fun anymore. EQ itself is an old boring game, with no imagination, nothing that I haven't seen or done, and the devs are simply rehashing old ideas.

harsh!

Doubt it. I wouldnt like playing without being able to see spawns on map

Everything else, I can live with not having

While I enjoy playing EQ ever so often I love to write macros and automating toons. I doubt I would play without MQ2.

I actually agree with this, I am normally playing 8~ toons and with out Kissassist or the map function I wouldnt be playing anymore, it is literally the only reason I am still playing

I also just recently moved to test, I got tired of farming cash to pay for gold, and I sure as hell wasnt paying for 8 expansions LOL

free gold, free expansions yeah, why not play on test :P

It depends, but chances are I would not be playing 6 accounts and would just play the one, and then only for raid content.

I would still play eq. But i would keep and play only two accounts. Also, although i would be playing eq, i would not be playing the same game. MQ/Kiss has opened up an entirely new game for me. As a super casual player, i have seen and accomplished more in EQ in the past year since i found this site then i did the 8 years prior in eq. I can do quests, camped named, do missions, do old raids. Things maybe more talented people can do with a completely raid geared max aa toon. But defintely things my gimp azz can not. MQ2/Kiss assist has changed my gaming life and i would miss it terribly.

I would still play but just not all the toons I play now...means SOE would lose money lol

This is my feeling as well. I'd be more "honest" and stick to my main, which would mean waiting until I could muster a group to do content that me+merc cannot do molo.

- - - Updated - - -

I also just recently moved to test, I got tired of farming cash to pay for gold, and I sure as hell wasnt paying for 8 expansions LOL

free gold, free expansions yeah, why not play on test :P
That's actually not a horrible idea, although the raiding would be numb from where I am at, I'm sure. =P

I would probably go back to the single main deal with a class that can mass AA or swarm effectively and just use my boxes to buff or in a pinch... and quit before too long. MQ2 keeps me from actively playing for basement troll level hours while still achieving similar results, so it's pretty much a must for me.

I would still play, I would just play 1 char, and thats only if I had friends who only plays 1. EQ is very hard to get groups.

I would not play without mq2, OR only with one character, and ONLY if i had a good guild with people to group with (like back the days on vz, where guildgroups allways did happen).

Playing currently on R99 i have fun without mq2, but i do miss some things, mainly my hud, and a better interface ;P

Yea at the current state of EQ unless you have a good guild group established there is pretty much no way you will be successful in playing 1 char.

On my server, since I haven't played since 2005, sometimes I feel lost. If there was no MQ2, I probably wouldn't play anymore, sadly.

Poll - Would you still play EQ if you didn't have Macroquest2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back